Chapter 3

Glory days and ways

Chapter 3

Areum POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rest of the school day was pretty boring its now 3:32 and im waiting for Jisoo at her locker with Eunseo and Mi-Hee. We have dance class at 4:30 so we have to get moving pretty fast.

"Do you guys know what we are doing at dance today?" Asked Mi-Hee.

"Probably going to start preparing because there is that competition in Jeju on November 5th." Replies Eunseo.

"Hmm I wonder what kind oof dance we will do."

A couple of seconds later we see Jisoo walking towards us.

"You girls ready to go?"

"Ya lets go."

The dance building is far from school so we don't have have time to go get food from home so we usually just grab a bite from the diner that is right in front of the studio.

"I completley forgot that there is a competition in Jeju soon untill Eunseo reminded me!" I say.

"Wahhh I forgot too, thanks for reminding me Areum!" Says Mi-Hee.

"Dont thank me, thank Eunseo for reminding us all!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's now 4:03 and we just ordered our food from "The Diner." Since were going to be moving around a lot we usually just order something light. like a salad and water.

"What time does practise end this year? There always changing it!"

"I think it said 6:30 on the forms."

"Uggh were not going to get home untill like 7:00."

We all groan in unison.

"Are you guys done eating? We should go stretch and change. I ask."

"Ya lets go."

I had bought new clothes for dance. I change into a pair of spandex shorts, and a sports bra with a tank top.

We head to studio B which is where our class is. We all walk in are are greeted by a couple of familliar faces. There is a couple of of random people that I have seen over the years and then I see Chin-Hwa, Jung, Dae-Jung, and Hyuk.

"Oh great" Mi-Hee mumbles.

"Guys look to the right."

We turn our heads and see Mina taking to Hyerim and Nana in the corner.

"Are you kidding me!!?" Those girls are not good enough for the comeptition team what the heck!" I exclaim.

"Calm down hon!"

I scoff to myslef. Then I hear the door open again and in walks our teacher!

"Ahh my favourite students how are all of you?!" Mrs Park says with a smile.

We all reply with a "good" and she claps her hands.

"Alright so lets get down to buissness, So as most of you already know we will be attending the dance competition in Jeju on November 15th. I have already picked out the solos and group dances."

She turns and looks at me.

"Areum you have our first solo!"

I smile and bow in respect.

"You will be dancing to an English song called "Almost Lover" By A Fine Frenzy. You along with Jisoo, Eunseo, and Mi-Hee will also be doing a group piece to Yuna's "Lullabies"

"Wahhhh I love that song!" Exclaimed Eunseo.

"Well im glad you like it, Alright moving on our next group piece goes to Chin-Hwa, Dae-Jun, Jung and Hyuk. You will be a hip hop routine and Mina, Hyerim, Nana, and Seolhyun will be doing a group routine to "Summertime Sadness" By Lana Del Ray.

"Areum you are our only soloist this time around so i'm expecting a lot."

I smile at her and reply with confidence.

"I can do it."

I here someone snicker in the back but I just ignore it.

"Okay so let's go! I have three choreographers in three different rooms so Chin-Hwa's group go to room 212, Areum's group room 214 and Mina's group room 216. On Friday you will be presenting in front of everyone here so I can see how your doing."

We all start to get up and walk towards the door when Mrs.Park calls my name.

"Areum!"

"Yes?"

"I will be personally teaching you your solo and we will work on it on Wednesday and Thursday."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I look at my phone and see the time 6:45. We finished class about 15 minutes ago and i'm tired. The group dance is beautiful and graceful, but also very hard. I have already changed and im waiting for my mom to pick me up.

"Ohhh guys my mom is here, gotta go! See you guys! Bye!" Say Eunseo.

She blows us a kiss and then walks towards her car. Jisoo already left bcause she had driven her car here, so its just me and Mi-Hee and the other kids but were sitting away from them.

"I wonder what our costumes are going to look like" Say Mi-Hee.

"For lullabies it will probably just be simple and graceful looking" I reply.

"Im so not happy to start regular classes tomorrow! I add.

"Oh my god I saw Hana by the way today! Talk about a makeover!'

"I know! I saw her this morning and I was shocked, but I like the new hair on her it looks cute"

"Yes it definately suites her better!'

I look around and only a couple of us are still here. Chin-Hwa is sitting with Mina and I see Dae-Jung,  Hyuk, and Jung coming towards us.

"Hey guys" Greets Jung.

I greet him back.

"Ohh what happened?!" Asks Mi-Hee sarcastically. "You guys arent following around Chin-Hwa like a human and a hungry dog anymore!"

"Oh shut up, I don't think you can really say that, you guys have a nickname of the cour four."

"He's right" I say turning to Mi-Hee.

"See! Areum agrees with me! Plus I cant stand Mina. I honestley dont know what Chin-Hwa sees in her."

I laugh and nudge him on the shoulders

"Me too buddy!"

We all laugh. Its a rare occurance seeing as we usually have bad memories with these boys. But i'm actually having a good time with them.

I hear the honk of a familliar horn and turn to see my moms car. I get up and take my things.

"Well it was a jolly time but i'v gotta run now."

"Bye love see you tomorrow" Mi-Hee replies.

Dae-Jung turns to her "Did you just call her love?!"

"Yes?"

"Its a girl thing Dae-Jung-ah" I say with a smirk. "You would not understand."

And with that I make my way to the car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The evening went by pretty fast because I had came home later. Its currentley 9:34 and I have my face mask on while sitting on my bed with my laptop open.

I open "Allkpop" My favourite kpop news outlet and read the latest articles. I see an article on Blackpink and sigh.

"Ahhh so pretty!!" I really hope I can see them one day!"

If you hadn't noticed I love Blackpink. There my favourite girl group and I just love there style and every member is so pretty and talented.

While I gush over Blackpink I decide to but in my headphones and listen to "As if its your last."

With my headphones I head down the long stair case to get a snack and I cant help but to start to singing and dancing.

I feel a hand rest on my shoulder and I turn around

"Areum its like almost 10, why are you screaming now?" Asks my mom.

I laugh. Its pretty funny. I dont even bother answering her as I make my way upstaires because its probably time to wash off my face mask anyways.

While humming "As if its your last" I take off my headphones and head towards the bathroom. I feel refreshed as the water splashes onto my face in little droplets. I realize just how tired I am and try to hurry my night routine so I can get to bed faster. I quickly dab my face with the towel, put on some face cream then i'm out of the bathroom.

I sit back into my bed and move my laptop onto my nightstand. I lay down and i'm welcomed to the warmness of my covers once again. Before I get too sleepy I grab my phone and set my alarm for tomorrow.

"Hmmm Hana wakes up early now to use the washroom, so do I need to wake up earlier? I think to myself.

I decide against it and just set my alarm clock to its usual time of 6:30.

I let out a big yawn, which is enought for me to put my phone down and curl up into my blankets and sleep

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~