Chapter 6

Glory days and ways

Chapter 6

Areum POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 days later...

It's Friday night and I coudn't have been any happier. It's only been the first week of school and i'm already done.

I plop my dance bag on the ground and lay down on my bed. I just came back from dance practise and im exhausted.

"Areum! Hana! Come downstaires please!"

I groan and very slowly make my way down the staires. I walk into the kitchen and see my mom, dad and Hana waiting for me on the couches. I sit on the couch in the corner.

"Alright so I know this is short notice but tomorrow night we are having a big dinner with all of our friends at the Montee grill and bar so that we can catch up with our friends and co-workers and work out some deals between our companies. You girls will have to come."

My parents look at both of us waiting for a reaction, but Hana is playing with her nails and im just staring at the wall.

My mom continues to speak.

"Since there will be lots of important buissness men and people there it is a formal event and I expect you girls to dress well and have manners."

"Oh and before I forget the time for the dinner is 6, thats all we wanted to say girls you can go back upstaires now."

I quietly go upstaires and close the door to my room.

Dinner huh? And it sounds like a lot of special people will be there. That means I have to find a nice dress.

I open my closet and look through the racks of clothes, I coudn't find anything. I continue to look and my hand touches the material of a soft bag.

I pull the bag and open it to find a dress. I remember buying this dress a while ago but I haven't had the chance to wear it. Its a dark marron coloured dress that hugs my top figure and flares out a bit after the waistline. Its has a diamond belt and a criss-cross back.

I smile, I actually really like this dress.I put it on a hanger and hang it on the side of my dresser so that it's ready for tomorrow.

I sit on my bed and grab my phone to text the girls.

Areum: Hey so did u guys hear about the dinner?
Mi-Hee: Ya! i'm lucky I found a dress in my closet..lol
Areum: Lol I just did that too!
Mi-hee: Which one are you wearing?
Areum: Its the marron one we bought together
Mi-Hee: OMG! I loved that dress!
Areum: Lol thanks, how about you?
Mi-Hee: The blue one that we bought together, the sweetheart neckline one...
Eunseo: Guys my parents just told me
Jisoo: Same
Areum: At least we all have dresses from that one time we went shopping!
Eunseo: I'm wearing the green halter dress
Jisoo: I'm wearing the pink fit and flare dress.
Areum:Omgg guys were all gonna look so cute
Mi-Hee: :)
Eunseo: Heck ya!
Jisoo: :D
Eunseo: Should we get our nails and toe nails done tomorrow?
MI-Hee: YES
Areum: Yesss im down to go
Jisoo: How could I say no :)
Eunseo: Okay guys lets talk details tomorrow, my mom is yelling at me to clean the dishes
Areum: Lol, bye love
Jisoo: Byeeeeeee
Mi-Hee: :*
Eunseo: :)
 

I put down my phone and i'm so exhausted I don't even have energy to go the washroom. I barley can turn off my lamp before my body takes over and goes into a deep slumber.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I get into my car and check the time. Its 2:03 and the nail appointment with the girls is at 2:30. I start driving and turn on the radio for some tunes. The nail shop isn't far from my house. Its about 10 minutes away.

I roll down my window and the wind smacks my hair whipping it side to side. But with the wind its also unexpectedley sunny. I reach to open a little compartment and grab my pair of sunglasses.

After a couple of minutes I reach the nail shop and the other girls were already there waiting for me.

One of the employes greets us and gives us spots to sit down at.

Eunseo turns too look at all of us.

"So what colours are you guys getting?"

"Im thinking beige" I answer.

"Im going for a light gray" Answers Mi-Hee.

'Im getting white" Said Jisoo.

"Me too!" Answers an excited Eunseo.

We all laugh at Eunseo's cute excitment and sit back and relax during our nails treatments.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Its 4:30 and i'm back from the nail shop. After the appointment, me and the girls got a quick bite from a nearby store.

Now im currently home and I just finished taking a shower. I apply my favourite creme all over my body, put on undergarments and tie a robe around my body. I sit by my makeup stand. I take the towel out from my hair and heat my curling iron.

I carefully brush my hair and then start to curl it into big bouncy flirty curls. Instead of brushing through it at the end, I leave them as is to keep the sophisticated look.

When I finish my hair I pin it back and move on to my makeup. I put my usual face coverage products and fill my eyebrows. For my eyelids I do this gold shimmery look and I am so happy with how it turned out! I finish it of with a couple of layers of mascara, light blush and red lip tint.

I take off my robe and put on my dress and smile at my reflection in my mirror. I take large parts of my two front sections and pin it to the back with a pretty diamond clip. Putting in the clip reminds me about my jewlery. Since I already have a diamond belt and a diamond hair clip I go easy on my jewlery accsessories. All I do is put a simple pair on diamond studs in my ears. I go in my dresser and grab my black clutch. I fill it with some essentials and i'm ready to put on my last piece. The shoes. For the shoes I am simple as well. I choose a pair of classic black high heels.

Now i'm all ready but before I leave a take one more good look in the mirror. I pull out my phone and take a couple of pictures. With that i'm finally all ready and I open my door to make my way downstaires. I walk into the kitchen and find my parents and thier jaws drop.

"Areum, oh my, you look so beautiful!"

My parents look so happy and my mom gets a little teary eyed.

"They grow up so fast honey" My dad says to my mom.

Then there is the sound of heels hitting hardwood and I hear someone coming down the staires. I turn around and Hana walks in the kitchen.

She is wearing a creme strapless dress with white heels and a white pouch. Her short hair is put in waves and she has a warm brown toned eyeshadow look with natural coloured lips.

"Oh Hana!" You look so beautiful!"

"Thanks mom!"

I turn to her and smile.

"You do look pretty nice. I really like the makeup.

Hana looks surprised at my comments but compliments me as well.

"You look really pretty too."
"Alright everyone so were going to have to take some photos before we leave okay?"

My mom had said some photos. We have now been taking photos for nearly 20 minutes."

"Honey we have to go or we will be late!" Says my dad.

"Oh all right, let's get going girls."

Today we are taking my dads car which is a Mercedes.

My parents are in the front and me and Hana are in the back. I open my phone and get snapchat open and turn it into selfie mode.

"Hana! let's be in the picture together, we both look cute!"

She gives me a reluctant look but leans in and smiles. We take a couple of different photos and I post them onto my various social media accounts.

"Alright girls rememeber what I said about being proper and having manners because there is many people there and your image matters so I want yo-

"Mom" I interrupt her.

"We arent 10 anymore, we know what to do."

"Alright then, make us proud girls okay?"

I wasn't quite sure what she meant but I just decided to nod my head.

I rest my head on the window beside me and take delight on the silent car ride to a night that is history.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~