Chapter 1

Glory days and ways

Chapter 1

Areum POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ring ring ring..
 

I take my hand out from the warmness of my covers and smack my phone shut. I pick it up and read the time 6:27am. I groan, today is my first day of school for Junior year. I go to Seoul High, one of the best schools in Seoul and it's pretty big. Now its not Boys Over Flowers status, but its still pretty good.

I kick off my cover and quickly head towards the bathroom before Hana gets there. Now I doubt Hana would be awake because I woke up early so I could look perfect for today and Hana does not care about looks as much as I do. I exit my room and walk down the hardwood floor and turn the knob to the bathroom.

Its locked.

"What the heck?" I mumble to myself.

I knock on the door hard.

"Yah! Who is in here? You guys know I use the bathroom this early for school!"

I dont get a reply, instead I hear the shower turning on.

I turn around and storm towards Hana's room and tear open her door, she's not there.

"That little ugh! Since when does she ever wake up this early. So now she decides to care about her looks!'

I grumble to myslef and head towards my room and check the time. It is now 6:36.

"Tch! this is wasting my time!"

"Areum?"

"What?"

"Whats wrong honey?"

Should I even tell my mom? Everyone in my family already thinks im some super dramatic mean girl anyways.

Eh why not i'll go for it.

"Hana is in the washroom right now when she isn't suppossed to be. Because she knows I use the washroom at this time and she never cares about her looks and it's wasting my time like I should already be sho-"

"Areum."

"Ya?"

"If it bugs you that much just use our washroom then."

"Finally! Someone understands!"

With that I head to my room and grab a towel. I am heading to my parents room when my mom stops me.

"Areum?"

"Ya?"

"I really think that there are better things for you to get upset and shoudn't be s-"

I dont even let my mom finish. I have heard this so many times it gets me really irritated.

"Mom im already off to a bad start today please dont make it worse."

I then turn around and head towards the shower.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sit on my bed and apply my favourite coco butter body moisturizer and i'm waiting for my face mask to finish. I admire my nails that I painted last night. I had a hard time picking between white and beige, I choose white in the end. My phone dings giving me the notification that time is up for my fask mask. I head to the bathroom to wash it. While im dabbing my face with a towel I hear a knock on the door.

"Areum?"

"Yes?"

"What time are you leaving for school?

" I dont know..why?"

"I would like a photo of you and your sister!"

"Ah...how about no?"

With that I walk past her and enter my room and sit on my makeup chair and face my mirror.  I start with  bb cream and set it with powder. I do my eyebrows and use a goldish/pinkish eye shadow on my lids that is very pretty and natural looking. Then a couple layers of mascara and I finish it off with a tint of blush pink lip gloss and a pair of diamond earrings . I smile at my reflection in the mirror. I remove the towel on my head and decide to straighen my hair. Usually on the first day I curl it but I want a change. Once my hair is straightened to sleek straight perfection I stride towards my closet for my unifrom.

First I put on the crisp white button down and then my beige skirt, making sure I tuck my shirt in my shirt. Then I slip on my navy blazer that has a embroidered collar. Our school colours are green red and blue and we have ribbons in those colours that we have to tie around the collar. I usually wear the blue and green ribbons so today I decide to wear the red one. I head over to the mirror too tie it. Then I start to get my bag ready. In year 9 and 10, I used a simple small blue bag but it got pretty warn out so I bought this cute black and gold purse that was perfect for school. I put in my essesntials like a small makeup bag, pencil case, notebooks, and my wallet. With everything ready, I turn the door knob to leave and my feet are greated by the cold hardwood floor. I forgot shoes! I giggle to myself and walk over to my closet again and grab my pair of new open toe black heels.

"Now Im ready!" I exclaim and make my way downstaires. The click-clack sound of my heels announcing my entrance.

"Good morni-"

I didnt even see Hana in front of me! She looks so different. She had gotten a hair cut last night but I didn't see her. She now has bangs that frame her face and a cute bob. She was wearing her uniform, a fancy pair of flats, and even maekup!

"Wow..Hana you look cute!"

She looks at me.

"Thanks."

I then turn around and get angry again.

"You know you could have told me that you were doing this whole makeover thing, you messed up my schedule and I could have been late!"

She glances at me with an unimpressed look.

"You look ready to me."

"Tsh." I roll my eyes.

"Honey I still want to get a photo of you two girls!"

BEEP BEEP BEEP

I turn around and look outside the window to see where the noise is coming from and smile once I see Jisoo's fancy car on my driveway. I quickly run out the door.

"Bye everyone!"

I walk down the driveway in a very sassy way and I see Jisoo laugh and pull out her phone

"POSE POSE POSE"

After doing a number of posses I finally sit in the car and take a good look at Jisoo. She looks great as usual. Her long black hair that I have always envied was put in loose curls and she had a simple yet pretty makeup look with beige heels.

"You look pretty Jisoo."
"Thanks love! You too."

We pick up Mi-Hee and Eunseo who of course, look great as well.

"So where do you guys want to go for breakfast?" Asked Eunseo.

"Well City Breakfast is only 10 minutes from school and it's pretty good." Replied Mi-Hee.

"Ya! I like City Breakfast."

"Alright lets to it!"

Jisoo starts driving again too head towards City Breakfast.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We are sitting in our booth when a pretty waitress comes, she smiles when we she sees our uniforms.

"Seoul high?"

We nod in response.

"I loved that school, I graduated 7 years ago."

I look at her and smile.

"That means you graduated the same year as my brother"

"What is your brothers name?"

"Donghyuk"

The waitress bursts into laughter.

"Donghyuk?! We dated freshman year! Such a sweet boy, How is he doing?"

I am surprised by the dating news but keep it neautral.

"Hes doing great!"

"Thats good! Now lets get you ladies your orders!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All of us had liked the coffee so much we each ordered one to go.

Jisoo makes a right turn and pulls into the parking lot of Seoul High. The school remains the same. Beige bulding with a blue painted trim that goes around the school and the words "Seoul High" placed in big gold letters at the main entrance. We all roll down our windows and students around us greet us while some turn away. I see Hana is already here with Yerim. I make eye contact with Yerim and she looks away. She has always disliked me and I don't know why. Jisoo pulls into a parking spot and we all get out. Then we open the back and we all get our bags.

"Yo Jisoo this car is actually so cool and nice" says Mi-Hee.

"Thanks Mi-Hee."

"Rich Kid" I scoff.

"Oh honey it's not you aren't one eiether!"

We all laugh at her joke and stand beside one another ready to make our way towards the entrance. But a swavy red car zooms in front of us and parks.

"Who's car is that? Its really nice."

Just as I ask the question Seoul High's most popular group of boys come out of the car. Jung, Hyuk, Dae-Jung, and Chin-Hwa. Girls around us sqeual and giggle as they see them.

"This looks like a scene out of Boys Over Flowers!" exclaimed Eunseo.

We all scoff and roll our eyes.

You see, my dad Mi-Hee, Jisoo, Eunseo, Yerim, Jung, Hyuk, Dae-Jung, and Chin-Hwa's dad were all childhood best friends and when they got married all the wives became good friends. Meaning that we grew up with these people on a personal level. So when we see girls basically throw themselves on the boys and squeal over them we don't get the hype and we think there over rated. Oh and not to mention we aren't exactley on best terms with the boys. Our bickering and dislike stems from years ago.

"Okay girls let's go" says Jisoo.

We all start too walk ignoring the boys when a voice calls us over.

"Hey girls are you really going to leave without us seeing you!"

We turn around and see Jung giving us a playfull smirk. I can practically feel the hate from other girls because we just got about 2 seconds of Jung's time.

"I think you have seen us enough already." Answers Mi-Hee.

I look around at the group of guys and I have to admit they are all really good looking especially Chin-Hwa.

"What are you thinking Areum! Get back to your senses!"

I make eye contact with Chin-Hwa and I look away while rolling my eyes.

I pull my phone out my purse and check the time. 8:12.

"Guys we should all go, its already 8:12 and we still need to go our lockers and find our homerooms and its not like this school is small eiether."

"Your right Areum let's go" Replies Jisoo.

I turn to the boys.

"Sorry guys" I say in a sarcastic playfull tone.

I then lower my voice.

"But it looks like we gotta go."

The boys raise thier eyes at my unexpected sassiness and I smirk.

Once we are far enough, Mi-Hee lets out a giggle.

"Areum you still got that attitude!"

"Yup! And its never leaving."

They giggle and we link arms with one another as we walk threw the halls of Seoul High once again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~