009

Her

 

“Do you come here often, noona?” Mark asked as they stepped out of the famous tonkatsu place.

“Not really, only when Jungkook suddenly craves it.” She nodded before looking around, there was a small bazaar happening a few meters away from them.

“Still not telling me why you decided to ditch the party?” Mark smiled before offering his arm to her, Byul smiled before looping her arm around his.

“Like I said, I just didn’t feel like it.” She replied.

“I don’t think that’s it.” Mark glanced at her, Byul bit her lip.

“Does this relate to why you left your phone at home?” Mark asked softly.

“I just..think I need a time out, you know.”

“From what? Celebrating your recent victory?” He blinked at her, Byul shook her head and just walked with him.

“Just some time away from friends, you know. I mean, I don’t want to be a bad host and neglect a guest.” She nudged him.

“Wow, I’m the alibi now?” He mused, Byul grinned.

“I just wanted to spend some time with you, Canadian oppa.” She chuckled before letting go of his arm and jogging towards the stall that was selling cotton candy.

Mark just smiled to himself before following her.

 

 

“It was amusing when he walked in without his dentures on,” Taehyung chuckled as he and Jimin sat down beside Jungkook.

The three friends were at the school’s east garden, enjoying some sunlight before the temperature went down again.

“Ya,” Jimin nudged him as he sat down.

“Your girlfriend was looking for you. She said you didn’t come to class this morning.”

Jungkook just continued typing on his laptop.

“You even disappeared at the party last night. How rude.” Taehyung made a face before taking out some snacks.

Jimin glanced at the younger male again.

“What about Byul? Have you checked on her? What if she got sick?” Taehyung spoke.

“She’s not sick. I saw her earlier.” Jimin opened his coffee. Jungkook paused.

“She was with~”

“Hey boys,”

The three paused, Byul was standing before them. Jungkook’s brows met briefly.

“Where were you last night?” Taehyung nagged right away, she grinned before taking the seat beside Jungkook’s. She glanced around them briefly, Jungkook blinked at her action.

“I promised show Mark around Namsan. You know, he’s basically a tourist.” She said before taking a sip from Jungkook’s iced tea.

“Still, missing your team’s victory party.” Jimin scrunched his nose at her.

“I know, I’m sorry, oppa.” She blew a kiss at him, then she looked at her friend.

“Hey, talk to me, Jeon.” She nudged him, Jungkook shut his Macbook and gathered his things.

“I have class.” He said before picking up his bag and leaving the table.

Jimin and Taehyung both paused, alarmed.

Byul bit her lip before standing up.

 

 

“Hey!”

Jungkook paused, he let out a breath before turning to face her. Byul halted in front him, her brows furrowed together.

“Is something wrong? You~”

“Nothing’s wrong, Byul.” He quipped, she shook her head.

“Lie better, Jeon.” She sighed.

“Look, Byul, I don’t have time to deal with this now, okay? Just go.” Jungkook muttered.

“I called you this morning~”

“Well, I called you last night. Many times.” He replied evenly, Byul looked away.

“I left my phone at home.”

“I was calling you right after the game, Byul. You were home by then? Did you teleport?”

She bit her lip.

“Something came up, Jeon. And I forgot to return your calls, I’m sorry.” She mumbled, Jungkook’s brows met briefly.

“Lie better, Byul.” He replied with a sigh.

Byul looked up to meet his gaze, she offered him a small smile.

“I feel like eating cheesecake. Should we?” She asked him, Jungkook just eyed her warily then he took her backpack from her and slung it over his shoulder.

“You’re paying.” He said before walking ahead of her, Byul grinned and just jogged after him.

Jungkook just slung one arm around her shoulder as they headed to his car.

 

 

“Oh, so that’s why she wasn’t there.” Jaemin nodded as he picked up his textbook.

“I feel like something’s wrong. I mean, something must have happened during that game.” Mark said as they walked towards the exit of the lecture hall.

“Yeah, they won. And she broke her record. Again.” Haechan stated as they stepped out of the room.

“No, I just…She seemed a little..different.” Mark nodded.

“But,” Jaemin spoke.

“You’ve been spending a lot of time with her.”

“I live at their house.” Mark shrugged, Haechan grinned.

“I know, but are you really sure about that?”

“Huh?”

“Mark, it’s kind of obvious…You..look at her differently.”

“You’re starting to have feelings for SNU’s swimmer number seven.” Haechan said bluntly.

Mark paused.

“We’re just…saying, be careful, falling for Jeon’s girl isn’t exactly…easy to get out of.” Jaemin said as they reached the stairs.

“Jeon’s girl?”

“That’s what other guys call her, well the guys she’s rejected last year.” Haechan shrugged.

“Jeon? As in Jungkook?” Mark asked as they went down.

“Yeah, a lot of guys were really unsure whether to approach her because she always had him around. And he’s protective of her, I’m sure you can tell.” Jaemin chuckled as he followed the two.

“Ya, she’s~”

“Jeon’s girl, we know that.” Haechan said teasingly as he overtook the two and rushed down.

Mark’s brows just met briefly, then he saw Byul and Jungkook walking across the school lawn.

 

 

“It’s not like that. She’s Byul. Star noona.” He muttered before following his friends.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++