041

Her

 

Byul was browsing through her notes, totally ignoring Taehyung and Jimin behind her, who were arguing over the PlayStation.

“Are you studying?” Junhee sat down beside her.

They were at the Jeon residence, enjoying the weekend together.

“Kind of, I have this quiz on Monday, unnie.” She nodded before picking up pencil, Jungkook walked in the living room and set a bowl of popcorn on the coffee table.

“Here.” Jungkook dropped his earphones on her lap, Byul grinned at him before putting them on and connecting it to her phone.

Junhee smiled to herself before joining the squabbling boys.

Jungkook looked around before sitting down beside Byul, she eyed him for a brief moment before going back to studying.

Jungkook nudged her slightly, Byul nodded before leaning against him and propping her book up on her lap.

“Your mom called earlier,” He started, Byul made a face at him.

“She just wanted to check if your okay. Are you?” He asked quietly.

“Kind of.” She replied before facing him and kissing his cheek.

“Let me study. I’ll be upstairs.” She said before jogging towards the staircase, Jungkook just smiled to himself before picking up his phone and joining his other friends.

 

 

Jungkook slid down from Byul’s green Rover and checked the tires.

“It’s going to snow soon. Did you change her tires?” Jimin joined him.

“I just did.” Jungkook wiped the sweat off his forehead.

“How is she?”

“Better, I think. She still refuses to go home.”

“I think…her mother was right, Byul did go overboard, but I understand why she did that.” Jimin stated as he sat down by the toolbox.

“We all have our limits, hyung. Unfortunately for Byul’s aunts, they forgot about the mafia side.” Jungkook said with a small smile.

“You? How are you?” Jimin asked, Jungkook paused.

“I’m fine as long as she is.”

“Ya, Byul~”

“It’s really okay, hyung. She’s nearby, and I can watch over her. That’s all I need.” Jungkook said before going back to the house.

“It’s so frustrating.” Jimin mumbled before following the younger male.

 

 

Byul stretched her palms up as she kicked her book away from her, she had somehow ended up studying on the bed for almost an hour.

She looked around her, Jungkook’s room was in its usual state pf organized chaos, she smiled to herself before standing up.

“You know I’d do anything for you, Byul.”

“Then, just think about me today. Your aunts are with the police now. Just today, just…try to see me

“What are you saying, Jeon?”

“What I’m saying is that I like you, Song Byul. And that I want you to spend the day with me.”

She approached his desk, there was a photo of the two of them from their high school graduation.

“I had shorter hair back then,” She murmured, then she heard the door open, Byul turned.

“Oppa,” She blinked at Yoongi.

“Kook said you’d be here. How’s the studying?” He asked.

“I just gave up.” She mused back, Yoongi nodded and approached her.

“I’m glad your feeling better now.” He said, Byul just smiled and looked at the photo again.

Yoongi followed her gaze, he scrunched his nose and mussed her hair.

“Ya,” He said, Byul looked at him.

“It’s not good to leave people hanging.” He mused.

“Huh?”

Yoongi chuckled.

“It’s obvious, Byul.”

She made a face at him.

“He’s always been the one for you.”

“Oppa, you~”

“If he wasn’t good enough for my only cousin, do you think I’d let him stay around this long?” Yoongi asked.

“Go away.” Byul muttered before leaving the room, Yoongi just smiled proudly.

 

 

Byul walked in the kitchen and grew surprised when she found it empty.

“It’s quite…peaceful. Weird.” She murmured as she padded towards the fridge.

“Hey, nerd.”

She almost jumped, she glanced behind her, Jungkook had stepped in through the backdoor.

“I…got hungry.” She gave him a guilty smile.

“Go ahead.” Jungkook said to her, Byul grabbed the bottle of juice and some frozen pizza.

“Are your parents okay with me staying here? Are they really?” She bit her lip.

“You didn’t even have to ask, they’re used to having you around.”

“But it’s different now,” She said as she placed the slices in the oven.

Jungkook paused, he wiped his hands on his jeans.

“Different?” He echoed, Byul blinked.

“I—I mean, we’re not kids anymore.” She corrected herself as she leaned against the counter.

Jungkook’s brows met briefly.

“You think so?” He faced her, Byul took a long sip of her juice.

She put her drink down.

“I just~” Byul halted when Jungkook closed the space between them in two long strides, he planted his palms on the counter behind her, effectively trapping her inhis arms.

“What so different?”

Byul tensed, Jungkook smirked before pressing his forehead against hers.

“Byul, loosen up. I’m still me.” Jungkook said.

Byul just looked away, refusing to meet his gaze. Then she heard the backdoor open again.

“Oppa? Do we have guests?” Sohye asked, Byul’s eyes widened, she tried to push him back.

Jungkook just smiled and leaned down to meet her gaze.

“Jeon Jungk~”

He chuckled before kissing the tip of her nose and moving away, Sohye blinked as the male faced her.

“Need anything?” He asked her.

“Ani.” She replied before leaving the room quickly.

Byul just took her pizza and ran to the garden, Jungkook watched as the girl rushed to the poolside, his eyes went to her unfinished drink. He picked it up and walked after her.

 

 

“Cute.” He mused to himself before exiting the glass doors.

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++