018

Her

Byul set her laptop down and looked at the professor, the room was still empty. She had gone to class too early, and she liked it.

She didn’t want to be around people, students were staring at her and there were some people from the media outside the campus.

She looked at the stainless steel Rolex on her wrist, her lips curled up. It was a present from her father when she had entered university.

“Where are you?” She whispered, then she was startled when someone dropped a textbook on her desk.

“Look who’s back,”

Byul exhaled, Hyena smirked at her.

“I assumed you wouldn’t be here. Is it safe?”

“Don’t do this.” Byul replied evenly.

“Whoa, you even had to tattletale on me, using Jungkook against me, huh?”

“Our relationship, our friendship that you seem to be so keen on destroying, it’s built on trust.”

“Don’t use flowery words on me, Byul. You just can’t stand the fact that he chose me.”

“I don’t like keeping things from him. And, you’re his problem. So if something’s wrong, I tell him.” She said calmly.

“You did this on purpose. You love the attention.” Hyena spat.

“Yeah, sure. I wanted my father to get kidnapped so that I could steal my best friend from you. Nice.” Byul deadpanned.

Hyena shook her head.

“You’re a snake, Byul. Just like before.”

“What does that make you, then?” Byul replied, her phone pinged. She unlocked the screen.

It was a text from her father’s secretary.

Agasshi, you’re needed at the company.

I’ve alreday sent a car to pick you up.

“Don’t do this, Hyena. You’re the one he’s dating.” She said as she stood up, but Hyena grabbed her arm.

“I’m still talking to you.” She snapped, Byul met the girl’s gaze.

“Snakes don’t talk. They just bite. So, don’t annoy me, because right now,” Byul met her gaze evenly.

“I don’t have time for your pettiness. If you want to reminisce about high school, then do it alone.” She said before grabbing her bag and leaving the room.

 

 

Jungkook looked up as Hyena sat down across him, they had agreed to meet at a small café near the campus.

“Hyena,”

She sat down across him, her brows were knitted together.

“I don’t see the reason why we have to talk.” She said, Jungkook looked away.

“The way I said things…it was wrong, I’m sorry. But, you have to understand, Byul is my friend. I’ve known her for a long time.”

“You keep on taking her side. You even assumed that I did something to her, I just spoke with her, Jungkook.”

“I know. I know. She said so herself, I..I’m just used to,” He trailed off.

“Look, if you want to make things work between us,” Hyena met his gaze evenly.

“At least, try to remember who Byul is to you, she’s your friend. Just your friend.”

Jungkook looked at her.

“I’m your girlfriend, but your probably call her more. You text her more.”

“Hyena, I~”

“Distance yourself from Byul, Jungkook. Because people might misunderstand you two. And I don’t want that to happen.”

“Hyena, Byul will not~”

“Who are you dating? Me or Byul?” Hyena asked, Jungkook bit his lip.

“Please, at least stop being always around her. I’m your girlfriend, but people still call her Jeon’s girl.”

 

 

Byul let out a shaky breath as she walked towards the double doors, behind her, three of her father’s men followed.

“They’re expecting to see you, agasshi. They want to know what you think.”

Byul nodded, then she faced the secretary.

“I just need to make one call, ahjusshi.” She said before taking out his phone, she was about to press on Jungkook’s number.

She paused, her finger hovered over the green icon, her forehead furrowed deeply.

“Agasshi?”

She nodded before searching her contacts, then she pressed on the green icon.

“Hey, it’s me.”

“Noona? I heard you left school earlier.”

“I did. Is it possible for you to come by pick me up later?” She asked.

“Sure. Where are you, noona?” Mark asked, Byoul could hear Haechan and Jaemin in the background.

“At the company. Thank, Mark Lee. I’ll wait for you.”

“You too. Be careful, noona.”

Byul ended the call and chucked her phone inside her jean pocket. She gave the male a nod and he opened the double doors for her.

 

 

“What were you rushing me about?” Jungkook sighed as he got inside the living room, Junhee was pointing to the TV screen using her toe.

“Look at that.”

Jungkook followed her gaze, he paused.

“Song Holdings is holding an emergency meeting. All the directors are there.”

“Well, since samchon is still~”

“Listen to the anchor,” She sighed, Jungkook sat down beside her, he blinked.

“There’s been talk that Byul might have to be acting-CEO.” She said, Jungkook leaned forward.

“It has been released that the board of Song Holdings want Song Eunhong’s only daughter to take over during his absence. Although, rumors claim that the tycoon’s sisters are strongly opposing this move.”

Jungkook’s thoughts went back to what happened at the Songs’ kitchen.

“Is she even ready for that?” Junhee voiced worriedly, a photo of Byul flashed on the screen.

“She just entered a lions’ den.” Jungkook muttered before picking up his jacket and leaving the room.

 

 

Byul swallowed as she tried to relax on her seat.

“What do you think, miss Song?” One of the directors set his eyes on her, she bit her lip.

“Directong Shin, I don’t think we should rush my niece.” Mohee spoke again.

“Why not? She’s been trained since she was born, we’ve seen this child accompany her father in meetings, events and even trainings.”

Byul looked at her fingers, Chunghee was also in the room.

“Right, I’m sure she’s capable. But she doesn’t need to be in that seat.” Jinah argued.

“Why not? It will become her seat one day, she’s Eunhong’s daughter.” One of the directors voiced, Byul noticed how her two aunts tensed.

“We don’t know what she’ll do, director. She’s still young, and she’s~”

“Would you like to hear what I think, sir?” Byul spoke up, she felt her aunts’ heavy gaze on her.

“Byul, you don’t have to, dear. Just stay put.” Jinah said to her, Byul smirked.

“The child knows nothing, she’s too young.” Mohee said.

“Nothing? She’s on the top list of SNU. It’s SNU!” The directors were smiling and nodding, Byul bit her lip.

“We need someone to take chairman Song’s seat to pacify the public, stock prices have plummeted down.”

“Why does it have to be her?” One of her aunts finally snapped.

“What does she know?” Mohee continued, Byul grew amused.

“Mohee, with all due respect, she is your brother’s daughter and she’s been trained more than any of you siblings.”

“Byul? You want a girl like Byul to be the face of Song Holdings?” Jinah snorted.

“You know what, directors?” Byul stood up from her seat.

“I’ll take it.”

“Song Byul!” Her aunt Jinah glared at her.

 

“Since the votes are in, and you voted for me. I’ll be your acting-CEO. I hope everyone will guide me. And thank you for trusting me.” She bowed politely before leaving the room.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++