015

Her

 

 

“Did you do something to Byul?”

Jungkook’s brows met briefly as he made his way to his room, he sat down on the bed

“Why? Did she say something?”

“I know my friend well, she said you were annoyed with her.” He closed his eyes briefly.

He heard Hyena sigh from the other line.

“I got a little..I was just confused, Jungkook. How could you tell her and not me?” She replied, Jungkook bit his lip.

“Hyena, I’m sorry. But, you didn’t really have to take it out on Byul.”

“Why? You even had the time to drop by at her family’s party before leaving and yet you don’t have the time to send me just one message just to say you had to leave.”

Jungkook bit his lip.

“Hyena~”

“And now you even had the gall to ask me why I did that to your Byul?” She spat.

“Hyena, it’s not~”

The line went dead, Jungook let out a breath and just set his phone down. And then his phone pinged.

I’m already home. Good night, bun bun. –Byul

“Bun Bun.” He shook his head before going to the bathroom.

 

 

Mark watched as Byul crossed the street to buy some Turkish ice cream, he sat down on the bench before taking out his phone.

“Mark?”

“Chunghee, hi.” He cleared his throat.

“I’m about to leave for the library~”

“About that, I..I think I need to cancel.”

“Really? Did something happen?” Chunghee asked, Mark shook his head and leaned back.

“Yeah, something came up. See you at school. I’m sorry I had to cancel.”

“It’s okay. Have a fun weekend!” Chunghee said.

“Yeah~”

“Lee Minhyung, I got you sone ice cream!” Byul announced as she reached him, Mark quickly ended the call.

“Thanks.” He said as he took the cone from her, Byul sat down beside him.

“My parents just left us in charge of the house.” She mused.

“For how long will they be gone?”

Just this morning, during breakfast, the Songs announced that they had to fly to Japan for business. Byul’s mom was a little worried about leaving them, but Mark assured that it was going to be fine.

“Usually a month or two, I used to ask Jungkook to sleep over, or I got sleep at their house.” She mused.

Mark paused, he glanced at her briefly.

“Thanks for dragging me out, Mark. It has been a while since I was up this early on a Saturday.” She grinned.

“It’s a miracle I managed to wake you up.” He teased, Byul laughed.

 

 

“Unnie!”

Junhee looked up from the table, Byul was making her way towards them.

“Song Byul!” She stood up to greet the younger girl, Jimin grinned at the two.

“I brought sushi for lunch. Join us.” Junhee pulled the girl with her, Byul smiled and took her seat beside Taehyung.

“Are you finally back for school?” Byul asked as she took the chopsticks from Taehyung.

“Yeah, she’s back.” Jimin pinched Junhee’s cheek.

“Welcome back to SNU, unnie.” Byul said before eating.

“But, why is Jungkook dating that bully from high school?” Junhee blurted, Taehyung shushed her just as Hyena passed by their table.

“He likes her.” Byul shrugged and followed the girl’s gaze, then she saw Chunghee enter the hall, she was chatting with Jaemin and a few friends, then they reached a table. Mark looked up as the group joined him. Chunghee smiled and sat down beside him.

Byul grew amused.

“Really? Has his eyesight gone bad?” Junhee blinked.

“Junhee,” Jimin sighed, Byul chuckled.

“Just let him be, unnie. He’s happy.”

“I’m not pleased.” Junhee narrowed her eyes briefly. Then Byul’s phone vibrated, her brows rose as she recognized the number of her father’s office.

“I have to take this. Oppa save some for me.” She said before standing up.

 

 

“It wasn’t that bad, I was actually looking forward to the exam.” Chunghee said, Mark then saw Byul leaving the cafeteria.

“Ah, really?” He nodded, Byul was making her way towards the parking lot, he noticed the two black SUVs parked by the doors.

His brows met briefly.

“Uhm, Mark, about last Saturday, were you with By~”

“Sir,” A male dressed in a dark suit approached their table, Chunghee paused.

“Young miss,” He bowed to Chunghee.

“What’s wrong?” Chunghee spoke, Mark’s eyes went to Byul.

She was speaking with one of the males by the car, she started to shake her head, her backpack slid down to the ground.

“We have to you out of the campus now.” The male spoke calmly, Mark noticed that there were two other guys behind him.

Then he saw Byul being led to one of the SUVs, she was shaking as she climbed up, then she paused.

Mark finally recognized that male talking to her, it was Mr. Song’s secretary. Then Mark felt his stomach drop when he realized that Byul was crying.

“What’s happening?” Chunghee stood up.

 

“Chairman Song has been kidnapped. We received orders to move you out from the university for your own safety.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++