019

Her

 

“It’s official. I’ve gone crazy.” Byul mumbled as she picked up her backpack in a rush, she walked out of her father’s office and was met by her guards.

“You aunts have asked to talk~”

“I have to get back to school. Tell them no.” She said as she made her way towards the elevator, the males nodded and just followed her.

She got inside the machine and started to fidget. She knew it was too early to join Song Holdings, her decision to take the CEO position was hasty. She took it because she got pissed, in other words, she took the bait. And now her aunts will really hunt her down.

“Agasshi, I mean, director, press have gathered outside the building, it will be a little difficult to leave.”

“I already have a ride.” She replied.

“Any news from Japan? What about my mother?” She questioned.

“We received a call earlier.”

Byul looked at the male.

“It seems that the kidnappers..have made contact with the police. But they haven’t disclosed details yet.”

“What? I am immediate family. Why~” She exhaled and shook her head.

“Pressure them. I want to know what the kidnappers want.”

The doors opened, Byul walked out, she saw people gathered just by the doors. She winced.

“Director Song!”

“Miss Byul!”

Reporters started to throw questions at her as she stepped out, guards started make space for her as they pushed them back.

Byul spotted Mark, leaning against his Cayenne, he was watching her with a small smile.

“Is it true? Have you taken your father’s position?”

“How did this happen? Does this mean you’ll be~”

Byul let out a breath as she started to walk, then she caught sight of something familiar.

A matte black Range Rover, she turned her head away before rushing towards Mark.

 

 

Jungkook leapt down from his car, he looked at the crowd of reporters waiting by the doors. He took out his phone and started to call her.

But Byul wasn’t picking up, then the crowd started to grow loud and noisy.

Jungook looked up just as Byul stepped out.

She saw her glance his way briefly, and then she started to pick up her pace, Jungkook followed her gaze.

His jaw clenched and unclenched as he saw the familiar Porsche Cayenne.

“Byul,” Jungkook called, he saw Byul pause briefly, but she didn’t look his way, she just gestured for Mark to opened the door for her.

Mark said something as she reached him, Byul just shook her head and squeezed his hand before getting inside the vehicle.

Jungkook froze, he saw Byul strap on her seatbelt before Mark sped away from the building.

His fingers curled around his phone as the Cayenne started to disappear on the road.

He just glanced at the group of reporters before getting inside the car, then his phone started to ring.

“Oh, noona.” He answered as he shifted gears.

“Byul? How is she? What happened?” Junhee asked frantically.

“I don’t know.”

“You don’t know? But you obviously went to see~”

“I don’t know! Call her yourself! How am I supposed to know everything? I’m not her secretary.” Jungkook snapped before tossing his phone to the backseat.

Seconds later, Mr. Song’s secretary saw the matte black Range Rover reversed, almost hitting some of the reporters in the process, then it sped away from the building.

“Agasshi clearly saw him…But why..” He murmured to himself before going back inside.

 

 

Byul sat down, Mark placed a pink and red box in front of her.

“I was about to tell you congratulations, but the look on your face contradicts that.” Mark said softly, she looked up to meet his gaze. The two were at a coffee shop in Gangnam, Mark insisted that they pass by somewhere before going home.

Mark sat down beside her.

“I heard you love cheesecakes. Those are mini ones.” He said.

Byul nodded and opened the box.

“I took that position to annoy my aunts. I don’t even want it. I never did.” She said quietly. Mark nodded.

“Appa’s kidnappers finally made contact.”

“What do they want, noona? Money?” Mark asked, he placed her hand on his.

“The police haven’t said anything yet.” She murmured, she looked at her phone.

Three missed calls from Jungkook.

She picked up her coffee, she looked at the cheesecakes.

“They’re mango cheesecakes.” Mark said as he took out one for her, Byul bit her lip.

“Thank you, Mark. But, I can’t eat mango. I’ll just go get a sandwich or something.” She said kindly before standing up and walking towards the counter.

Mark nodded, then he looked at Byul’s phone.

Jungkook was calling her, he exhaled before flipping the phone over.

 

 

Jungkook crossed his arms as he stared at the gates, there were still guards roaming around inside the property. He put on his cap and looked around him again.

tumblr_oxlus3l58F1wypn3yo1_540.gif

He checked his watch again, it was already nine in the evening.

He needed to see her. He needed to see with his own eyes that she was okay.

And he needed to know what was going on in that head of hers.

Byul had been ignoring all his calls.

And that put him on the edge.

He heard the guards speaking, they were all looking at the house. Jungkook saw Byul walking towards the gates. They tried to stop her, but she just shook her head. One guard followed her as she reached the gates.

Then she yanked them open, Jungkook’s brows rose.

Byul halted when her eyes landed on him, he saw how her brows met briefly before she crossed the street.

“I didn’t call you because I knew you wouldn’t answer anyway.”

He saw how Byul looked at the ground before facing him.

“Things got super hectic, I’m sorry.” She said.

You’re lying.

“I understand.” He nodded, Byul looked around them.

“Heading somewhere?” Jungkook asked, he saw two guards waiting for her.

“I wanted to take a walk. I can’t sleep.” She nodded and bit her lip.

“Byul, what’s wrong? What’s happening?” Jungkook sighed and took her hand in his, he paused when he saw her flinch at his touch.

“I—It’s nothing. I’m just..tired.” She didn’t meet his gaze.

“What’s happening, Byul?” He asked again, worry could be heard in his voice.

She finally looked up.

“I’m…I’m going to be extremely busy in the next few days,” She said, Jungkook nodded.

“Can I ask for a favor?”

“Anything.” Jungkook smiled, Byul took a deep breath before speaking again.

“It would be nice if we stop…spending too much time together.”

Jungkook’s eyes widened.

“I mean, I don’t mean that we should stop being friends, but…people might understand. And, things aren’t the same as before.”

Jungkook didn’t say anything.

“I hope you understand, Jeon.” She said.

“If that’s what you want.” Jungkook looked at her, Byul nodded in reply.

“Arasso. I wont be as around then.” Jungkook said before turning to his car, he took out a red paper bag from the front seat and handed it to her.

He felt Byul’s questioning gaze on him.

“You said you wanted mooncakes and tea.” He said simply.

“Oh, right. Thanks.” She nodded quickly, Jungkook exhaled.

“I’ll get going now.” He said.

“Yeah, drive safely.” She replied, Jungkook didnt speak, he just leaned over to kiss the side of her head before getting in his car.

 

Jungkook just gripped on the wheel tightly as he drove away from the property.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++