008

Her

Jungkook took his seat beside his friends, Taehyung and Jimin were discussing about the swim team’s line up.

“Hyena’s not joining us?” Taehyung asked him.

“I’m not sure. She didn’t text back yet.” Jungkook replied, his eyes went to the pool. He saw Byul step out from the locker room, already clad in her usual black Speedo, it had the school’s logo on the back.

Her eyes scanned around the area, she suddenly smiled. Jungkook’s brows rose as he followed her gaze.

Mark was giving her a thumbs up, him and his friends were seated across their group.

“Surprisingly, they’re getting along well.” Jimin mused.

“Ah, that younger kid? He gets Byul.” Taehyung chuckled, Jungkook just leaned back on his seat.

Then Byul’s eyes went to him, she stuck her tongue out at him before hopping towards their coach.

“How mature.” Jimin laughed before taking out his Gatorade.

There was a loud beep that echoed through out the gym, signaling for two minutes until the competition starts again.

Byul was stretching her left arm as the coach spoke to them, then the whistle blew again.

 

 

Byul looked at the piece of heavy metal that was dangling on her neck, her and her team had won. She smiled to herself before picking up her hoodie and heading out of the locker room.

She made her way towards the pool and paused when her phone beeped.

We’re already at Grid. Where are you? –Jungkook

Byul paused, she chewed on her lower lip. She stood by the edge of the pool and crossed her arms. Her phone started to ring, she looked at the screen.

Jungkook's name was flashing on the screen.

Stop being so around him, Byul. I don’t know how you do it, but you affect him so much. And I hate it.”

“Hyena, Jungkook and I are just friends. We go way back, and it’s purely pla~”

“I don’t care. I didn’t come here to hear your explanation. Just,”

“Stay away from my boyfriend. You’re just a friend, so keep your distance.”

Byul exhaled before rejecting the call and leaving the gym, she jogged towards her car and sped away from the campus.

 

 

Jungkook’s forehead was creased as he put his phone down.

“Byul?” Taehyung was grinning as he approached him with a drink in hand.

“I don’t know.” Jungkook said, he tried to dial again, but it was rejected.

He exhaled and just put it back in his jean pocket.

“She never misses out on pizza parties, plus her other teammates here.” Taehyung looked around, Grid was a famous hang out place a few blocks away from their school. And tonight, there was a party for the swim team’s victory to the semi-finals.

“Hey,” Hyena was smiling as she walked towards him, Jungkook looked up and let her take his hand.

“Why are you being all sulky? It’s a party.” She nudged him before handing a plate of pizza to him.

“Right, it’s a party, Kookie.” Jimin mused before joining their table.

“The swim team isn’t complete.” Jungkook pointed out before eating, Jimin glanced around.

“Byul will be here soon, don’t worry.” He said, Hyena just nodded before picking up her beer.

“Yeah, but her shoulder’s been bothering her.” He murmured, he was about to get his phone again but Hyena stopped him.

“Ya, don’t rush her. She’ll be here. Loosen up.” She kissed his cheek, Jimin’s brows rose.

Jungkook bit his lip, but he nodded back at her. Hyena smiled and just picked up another slice of pizza.

 

 

Byul lay flat on her bed and stared at the ceiling.

“What did I do wrong? She’s still a bully.” She muttered.

“Noona?”

She glanced, Markw as standing by the doorway, looking unsure.

“Come on in, Mark Lee.” She smiled before sitting up, the male walked in the room and set a bouquet of daisies on the bed beside her.

“What’s this?” She said as she picked them up and smelled the flowers.

“Congratulations, noona. You were really great back there,”

Byul chuckled before patting the space behind her, Mark paused, but he opted to sit down on the red couch beside the bed.

“I thought there was this victory party, why are you home, noona?” He asked.

“I didn’t feel like it. Do you want to stay home for dinner? Or shall we go out? We haven’t been to Namsan yet.”

“You don’t feel like going to a party for your team, but you’re up for sightseeing?” Mark grew amused.

“You get to hang out with me, Mark, what’s there to complain about?” She asked dryly, Mark chuckled.

“I’ll go get my phone then. Wear something warm, noona.” Mark smiled before stepping out of the room. Byul slid down from her bed and picked up one of her Burberry coats, she paused when her phone started to ring again. She glanced at the device which was on her computer table.

She just picked up her purse and left her room.

 

 

Jungkook leaned back on the leather bench, he set his drink down and pushed the pizza away from him.

“Jungkook-ah,”

He looked up, Yerim, Byul’s teammate who was a year older than them had approached him.

“Oh, sunbae.” Jungkook scooted over, she shook her head at him.

“I don’t see Byul. Is she not coming?” She asked.

“I don’t really know, sunabe. She wont take my calls.” He replied, his eyes went to his phone again.

“Weird, she~”

“Looking for Byul, unnie?” Another SNU swimmer joined them, she plopped down besides Jungkook.

Jungkook’s eyes went to the center of the room, Hyena was chatting with a few of their classmates and Taehyung.

“Yeah, did you hear from her?”

“No, but I saw her recent Snap.”

“Byul has a Snapchat?” Yerim chuckled.

“Is she coming?” Jungkook asked.

“I don’t think so; it seems like they’re in Namsan.” The other girl replied as she picked up another drink.

“They’re?”

“Yeah, that new kid at school. He’s getting really popular among the older girls.” She chuckled, Yerim shook her head.

“He’s cute.” She nudged her.

“What’s his name again? Minhyung?”

Jungkook’s jaw clenched and unclenched, he leaned over to pick up his drink again.

“Mark. Byul calls him Mark Lee.”

“Yeah, him. Aigoo, your position is being threatened, Jeon.” Yerim said teasingly, Jungkook didn’t reply.

“To think about it, it does feel odd talking to you without Byul next to you.” The girl mused, Jungkook pushed the glass away from him again.

“I—I should go ahead, congratulations, sunbaes.” Jungkook said politely before standing up and making his way towards the exit. He made his way towards his car and pulled out the box of mini cheesecakes from the front seat. He walked towards the trash bin and dumped them inside before leaving the area.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++