044

Her

Jungkook was leaning against his car when he saw the familiar mint green Rover roll into the school’s parking lot, his lips automatically quirked up.

Byul slid down from the vehicle and took out her backpack.

“You could have just gone first.” She stated as she saw Jungkook walking towards her.

“Unlike you, I’m not exactly excited over this exam.” He pointed out before taking her backpack from her.

“I didn’t even get to study much last night.” She complained as she looped one arm around his.

“What happened?”

“Eomma insisted on family night. So, she made us watch Home Alone.”

Jungkook chuckled and kissed the side of her head.

“She even baked cookies. How bad did I get? I mean, was it really that..harsh?”

“Who? Dark Byul?” Jungkook mused as they reached the building, Byul rolled her eyes.

“She’s just trying to make it up to you, Song Star.” Jungkook said softly, Byul was fidgeting with the sleeve of his hoodie.

“I just really wanted to study.”

“I hate it when you’re studying.” Jungkook replied, Byul balked at him.

“You kind of leave your phone anywhere and not reply to my messages.”

“That’s..childish.” Byul pointed out, he just chuckled and pulled her in the elevator.

“You’ll ace the test, Byul. We both know that.” He scrunched his nose at her, Byul just grinned back and reached out to fix his bangs.

“Do we tell our parents?” She asked him carefully.

“About us?”

She nodded back at him.

“I already told mine. I mean, they always kind of..knew.” Jungkook shrugged. Byul halted, she dropped her arm to her side.

“What?”

Jungkook blinked at her.

“Aren’t we supposed to…Why wont you work with me on this?” She muttered as the doors pinged open, Jungkook grew amused as the girl walked away from him.

“That must be why appa was asking so many questions about you last night.” She mumbled, Jungkook smiled and just took her hand in his.

“I guess I’m welcome to the family then.” Jungkook nodded.

“You always have been, idiot.” She muttered, he just grinned at her.

 

 

Junhee was browsing through her notes as she took small bites of her ramen in the school’s cafeteria.

“There’s been rumors flying around.” Jimin said as he joined her, he smiled before touching her cheek and sitting down beside her.

“Rumors?” Junhee closed her book.

“About Jeon and his girl.” Jimin grinned, Junhee shook her head in amusement.

“I heard about it too, at least now it’s finally official.”

Taehyung hopped towards them with a bag of snacks.

“I bet the adults are rejoicing now.” Taehyung added, Jimin chuckled.

“Knowing Byul, she wont like the attention.” Junhee commented, then she looked up.

Jungkook was chatting with some friends as he crossed the hall, Byul was walking behind them, typing on her phone.

Jeon would constantly glance behind them to check on her as she typed, then he excused himself before walking back to her.

“How cute.” Junhee smiled as Jungkook took her hand, Byul exhaled and chucked her phone back in her bag.

Jungkook chuckled and just pulled her along with him.

“Like what everyone said, she’s Jeon’s girl.”

 

 

Byul was shaking her head as Mark and Haechan over the last piece of French fry before them.

“Noona, you should be taking my side here. We’ve been schoolmates longer!” Haechan whined.

“But I’ve known her longer!” Mark shot back.

“It’s just food, you idiots.” Jaemin muttered before picking up his bag and leaving the table, Byul chuckled and followed him.

“See you later, kids.” She mused before walking away, Mark rolled his eyes at Haechan before grabbing his backpack and catching up with the girl.

“So, any plans tonight?” He asked as they headed for the parking lot.

“I have practice this afternoon and I might finish late. I have a lot of catching up to do.” She slouched as they reached her car.

“Then, what should I tell them when I arrive? Swim practice?” Mark .

“Oh my god, you don’t believe me.” She balked.

“Auntie thinks you’re usually out late because of Jungkook hyung.” Mark shrugged at her, Byul’s eyes widened.

“I really was at practice the past few nights!”

“Don’t yell at me, noona.” Mark winced. Byul just shooed him away before grabbing her duffel from the car, he started to laugh.

“They probably really do believe you, noona. Maybe it’s time you come clean.”

“Clean? I haven’t been~” Byul paused, her eyes narrowed at him.

“They know?” She asked him.

Kinda.” Mark chuckled before handing her water bottle back to her.

I’ll see you later then, Star noona. Have fun at practice.” He said before walking towards his car.

 

 

Byul puffed her cheeks as she walked out of the gymnasium, her back felt so sore that she wanted to just lie in the snow.

She had her duffel over one shoulder as she walked back to the parking lot, then she paused when she noticed a couple of freshman girls standing by the gate.

“Is there a game tonight?” She murmured as she followed their gaze, then she blinked.

Jungkook was standing by her car, casually leaning against the door while he chatted with Taehyung.

“Yeah, they’re both business majors!” One freshman said excitedly.

“The other one is Taehyung sunbae.” Another one gushed.

Byul just shook her head and crossed the street.

“And the other one? I don’t really see him around campus.”

“Jeon Jungkook. He doesn’t really socialize much, but do you see those arms?”

They squealed, Byul was grinning as she approached the two, she could feel the girls’ stares at the back of her head.

“Song Byul!” Taehuyng beamed.

“Was it hell?” Jungkook said with a small smile before taking her bag from her.

“I don’t want to swim anymore.” She whined before leaning against him and pressing her bare face against the front of his denim jacket.

“Aigoo, our Byul is tired. I’ll see you two tomorrow. You take care of your Song Star.” Taehyung chuckled before leaving them.

“But the team needs you.” Jungkook stated before taking the car key from her.

She rolled her eyes at him before pulling back.

“I’ll drive us both. Dinner with the Songs?” Jungkook was smiling as he loaded her bag in the trunk.

“We should buy cake on the way home.” She said to him, her eyes went to the freshmen briefly.

“Yeah, we should.” Jungkook replied as he closed the trunk and walked to her.

Byul was smiling at him, he looked at her oddly.

“I’m not just Byul anymore, right?”

“What?”

“Just “Byul.”

“What are we talking about?”

Byul chuckled before standing on her tippy toes to kiss the side of his lips.

“That. I’m not just “Byul” anymore.” She said before running towards the passenger’s side.

Jungkook was smiling as he got inside the driver’s seat.

“Whoa, practice must have really tired you out.” He nodded at her as he drove out of the lot, Byul looked at the windows and saw the freshman girls frowning.

“Not really.” She shrugged at him with a smile.

 

“Your sugar levels have dropped. I’m worried.” Jungkook shook his head at her, Byul just grinned and bumped fists with him.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++