007

Her

 

Mark yawned and stretched out his arms as he padded down the stairs. He halted and glanced behind him, Byul wasn’t up yet.

He made his way to the kitchen and he paused.

“She’s not up yet?” Jungkook spoke, his eyes went to the wall clock briefly.

“Three minutes.” He murmured to himself as he went back to the frying pan.

Mark hesitantly sat on the stool.

“Are you here to pick her up, hyung? I told her I could drive her to school.” Mark said, Jungkook glanced at him.

“It depends, actually. Sometimes she drives herself.”

“What do you mean?”

Jungkook set the eggs on the plate, Mark noticed how one was scrambled.

“On her mood. She has a competition today.” He said, then before Mark could reply, Byul appeared by the doorway.

Mark glanced at the clock, three minutes had just passed.

“Good morning, shark girl.” Jungkook teased, she sighed and just padded towards him and leaned her chin on his shoulder.

“Did you sleep well?” He asked, ignoring her.

“Yeah, I did.” She nodded before taking the seat across Mark’s.

“Oh, hi, Mark Lee.” She beamed at him before leaning over to muss his hair.

“Don’t get used to it, he doesn’t come here everyday to make move, only when I have competition. It’s like a…ritual.” She nodded as Jungkook placed her sandwich before her.

“Tomato?” She asked him as she pulled another plate, she quickly lathered peanut butter and jelly.

“I put some. Scrambled eggs, right?” He asked before taking his seat, Mark proceeded to make his sandwich while observing the two.

“Thanks, Kookie.” She smiled before taking a bite, Jungkook picked up the sandwich she made and started to eat.

“It’s at two.” Byul said as she looked at Mark.

“Just in case you want to see my wearing my horrible Speedos.” She chuckled, Jungkook grinned and just quietly poured her some coffee.

“Anyway, are you good? I still have to pick up Hyena?”

Byul narrowed her eyes at him, she scrunched her nose.

“But, I can call her and drive you~”

“No, no, not that. Your hair.” She fixed his bangs carefully.

“Are you sure? I can~”

“I’m fine, Jeon. I’ll drive today.”

“Good. See you later.” Jungkook kissed the side of her head before leaving the kitchen, seconds later, Mark saw the matte black Range Rover speeding away from the house.

“Noona?”

Byul looked at him, Mark just leaned forward to brush the bits of bread on her lip.

“You two are really close, huh?”

“Jungkook?” She grinned and shook her head.

“Sometimes he drives me crazy, sometimes he wants to kill me. But, we get along well. It would feel weird without him.” She mused.

Mark just nodded and bit his lip.

“His girlfriend? Is she okay with that?” He asked carefully.

“I guess she is.” She shrugged before picking up her coffee.

 

 

“So, I’ll be seeing you at lunch?” Mark asked as they walked in the building.

“Yeah, we should~” Byul tried to take her backpack from him, but two females approached them.

“Unnie!”

She turned before smiling.

“Chunghee!”

Mark glanced at the girl, she was wearing a pair of violet rimmed glasses and had short hair.

“It’s been pretty hectic, huh? I haven’t seen you around much.” Byul nodded.

“I’ve been buried under all the papers I need to turn in this week. How are you? I heard about the competition today.”

“I’m~”

“Noona, I’ll just go ahead.” Mark spoke, Chunghee’s eyes went to him. She paused before nudging her cousin, Byul grinned.

“Mark, no, wait.” Byul looped her arm around his to stop him from leaving.

“This is Chunghee, my cousin. You’re in the same year. Chunghee, this is Mark, he’s the one my mom told you about. He’s living with us now.”

“Hi, Mark.” Chunghee smiled and offered her hand to him.

“Nice to meet you.” Mark said and shook her hand, he saw Jaemin and Haechan waiting for him.

“I’ll wait for you at the cafeteria then, noona.” Mark said with a small smile, Byul nodded and took her backpack from him.

“Have fun at class.” She said teasingly before raising her fist to him.

Mark chuckled and just playfully bopped her nose.

“No thanks.” He grinned before walking towards his friends, Byul just shook her head.

“Unnie, how do you know him again?” Chunghee nudged her.

“Mark? Childhood pals. Why?”

“He’s cute.” Chunghee sighed. Byul chuckled.

"I'm guessing you like him already?" She teased.

"Bring him to the family party next week." Chunghee hooked arms with her cousin.

"I will, don't worry." Byul nodded with a teasing smile.

 

 

“This is weird.” Jimin mused as he took plopped down across Hyena and Jungkook.

“I agree.” Taehyung chimed in as he picked up his spoon.

“How was class? Did you manage to finish that presentation?” Hyena asked with a smile.

“Yeah, I did. Thanks for helping me out.” Jungkook squeezed her hand, Hyena nodded.

Jimin looked around the hall.

“Byul at two, right? We’re going.” He spoke, Taehyung nodded while chewing.

“Byul?” Hyena echoed.

“Yeah, it’s today. One last meet for the semi-finals.” Jungkook nodded, then his eyes scanned the cafeteria.

“Nice. So, are we still on for tonight? The party?” Hyena asked, Jungkook bit his lip as he looked around.

“I’m game if Jungkook is.” Taehyung nodded.

“Well?” Hyena looked at Jungkook.

Jimin’s brows rose, he followed the younger male’s gaze. Byul had just stepped in the cafeteria, she was holding onto a bunch of textbooks. Jungkook was about to stand when Mark jogged to her.

Jimin grew amused and just quietly shook his head.

“Jungkook?” Hyena nudged him.

“Y—yeah, sure. The party.” He nodded quickly and smiled at her.

Then Byul looked up and saw them, she waved and grinned at him. Jungkook just nodded back before looking away.

Jungkook just stared at the empty seat between Taehyung and Jimin.

 

 

Byul squeezed her swimming cap in her palm as she looked at her reflection. She quickly tied her hair in a ponytail and picked up her goggles. She was about to take her robe off when she heard someone behind her.

She turned.

“H—Hyena,” She was surprised to find the girl in the locker room.

“Should I wish you luck? Everyone knows your going to win, number seven.” She said with a sweet smile.

“Not really.” Byul said carefully.

“You know why I’m here, right, Byul?” She asked.

Byul shook his head, her fingers curled slightly.

“It’s just funny that now even in college, our paths still cross.”

“Hyena~”

“Stop it.” She said flatly.

“Stop what?” Byul grew confused.

“Stop being so around him, Byul. I don’t know how you do it, but you affect him so much. And I hate it.”

“Hyena, Jungkook and I are just friends. We go way back, and it’s purely pla~”

“I don’t care. I didn’t come here to hear your explanation. Just,”

Hyena took one step towards her, Byul tensed.

 

“Stay away from my boyfriend. You’re just a friend, so keep your distance.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++