035

Her

“Why would I be at your family dinner?” Byul shook her head as the car pulled to a full stop in front of the hospital.

“You usually join us.” Jungkook said as he checked on the side mirror, her two guards slid down from the black SUV behind them.

“There was a girl with your parents.” She faced him, Jungkook looked at her questioningly.

“There was?”

“Yeah.” Byul picked up her bag.

“Well, I’ll probably see her~”

“Ahn Sohye. That’s was her name.” Byul stated, she glanced at him. Jungkook blinked, Byul poked his arm.

“Do you remember her?”

“Yeah, I do. I met her when we lived in Japan.” Jungkook replied.

“Why does she know about me?”

Jungkook chuckled.

“Because I told her about you, Song Star. Now, go. Your father’s waiting for you.” Jungkook leaned over to unbuckle her seatbelt.

“How come I never heard about her? Don’t you think it’s a bit unfair?” She blinked at him.

“It didn’t seem important. Go now, Song Byul.” Jungkook nudged her, she made a face at him before sliding down the car.

 

 

“So, have you told her?” Taehyung asked Yoongi joined them at their table.

“This afternoon, I sent her a text.”

Junhee nodded, Jimin was seated beside her.

“Byul’s running around, I feel bad for her. She has to be at the hospital to see her dad, and plus she still has to check on her family’s company.” Junhee sighed.

“Don’t forget her two immature aunts.” Jimin spoke.

Before she could reply, Junhee’s phone pinged.

“Who is it?” Taehyung sat up.

“This is weird.” Junhee murmured, the message had come from Jeon Banking’s Group office.

“It’s your family’s company.” Jimin leaned his chin on her shoulder, Junhee’s eyes widened.

“What’s wrong?” Yoongi looked at her.

“Jungkook…we were talking a few days ago, it..it totally slipped my mind.”

“Huh?”

“He knows.”

“He knows what?” Taehyung asked.

“About who really kindapped Byul’s father. Jungkook knows.” Junhee stated, Yoongi stilled.

“And he’s begun.” She placed her phone on the table, the guys leaned over to look at the screen.

“This..”

“He was there, when Byul was being picked on. He was there when she broke down and cried because of what happened. And that angered him.” Junhee murmured.

“He’s going to get revenge for her.” Yoongi stated as he read the message on Junhee’s phone.

“Hyung, you should talk to Byul now.” Taehyung said in a serious tone.

“This wont be good for aunts.”

 

 

“You were in such a rush this morning.” Byul said as she joined Mark at the bench, he blinked at her.

“Noona, I~”

“I’m sorry.” She blurted, Mark paused.

“I..was really avoiding you that’s why I came to the house late and I feel bad that you had to hear that,” She faced him, Mark nodded.

“It’s okay, noona.” He said softly.

Byul chewed on her lip.

“But, Mark,”

Mark’s brows knit together.

“I’m sorry. I mean, I..can’t be that girl for you. I can’t be your girlfriend.” Byul said quietly, Mark swallowed but he nodded.

“Mark, I~”

“You don’t have to explain, noona. I’ll feel bad if you do.” Mark looked up to meet her gaze, Byul’s brows met briefly.

“Don’t worry, I’ll still be your friend.” Mark said with a small smile.

“Really? You will?” Byul asked.

Mark grinned and just tucked a lock of her hair behind ear.

“So, stop avoiding me, noona. It’s okay. I’ll be okay.” Mark said.

“O—kay, I’ll see you then.”

Mark winked at her before walking away.
 

 

“I just don’t think it’s right you know.” Byul spoke as she turned again, she had the blankets wrapped around her.

“I mean, I feel like..I’m interfering or something.” She sat up, her hair all messed up.

“Don’t you think?” She stated, Jungkook’s three-year-old male Dalmatian.

“I think I came too early, but class was cancelled and I don’t feel like joining training today.” She slid down from the bed and padded towards the window.

The dog followed her.

“He’s not even home yet.” Byul plopped down on the windowsill, she was at the Jeon residence, not sure if she really was going to stay for dinner.

She exhaled as she walked towards his closet, she picked up one of his hoodies and stepped out of the room.

“Byul?”

Byul halted, she glanced behind her.

“Imo.” She smiled before greeting the elder with a hug.

“I didn’t know you were here, dear. I’m preparing dinner.” Mrs. Jeon said before taking the girl’s hand.

“Yes, Jungkook mentioned it but I think I should go, imo. You have a guest.”

“Oh, don’t say that. You are welcome to join us, Byul.” She chuckled as they went down to the kitchen.

“Thank you for coming by to visit my father, imo. Eomma said you nagged him so much.” Byul grinned.

“Right, why did he go out alone? He usually has his secretary with him.” Mrs. Jeon pointed out before instructing one of the maids to slice the meat.

“Yeah, you’re right, imo.” Byul nodded, then she noticed the girl standing by the doorway.

“Sohye, come join us.” Mrs. Jeon waved her over.

“Hi,”Byul smiled as the girl stood before her.

“We meet again, unnie. Now you’re not being dragged away by Jungkook oppa.” She chuckled.

“Yeah, we were a bit~”

“Byul?” Jungkook’s voice echoed from the backdoor, Byul glanced up.

“Oh, you’re home now.” Mrs. Jeon looked up just as Jungkook joined them in the room.

“Oppa.” Sohye spoke, Jungkook blinked as he looked at the girl beside Byul.

“Heol, when did you arrive?” He said before hugging the girl.

“This morning, but you brushed her off earlier, you brat.” Mrs. Jeon slapped her son’s arm, Jungkook laughed and let go of the girl.

“You were really rude, oppa.” Sohye shook her head at him, Byul looked around and puffed her cheeks.

“Oppa, you promised to show me around if I ever visit.” Sohye said before looping her arm around his.

“I did. Any place in mind? We can go tomorrow.” Jungkook said good-naturedly, Byul glanced at him.

“I mean, in the afternoon. We can go in the afternoon.” Jungkook added.

“Wae? Are you busy tomorrow morning? It’s a weekend.” Mrs. Jeon asked him.

“Byul has a swim meet tomorrow morning.” Jungkook said simply before picking up a fruit.

Sohye looked at Byul briefly, she had her brows raised at Jungkook. Jungkook mouthed something to her, she just nodded and rolled her eyes.

Sohye bit her lip.

“So, can I come with you? I wanna watch.” Sohye spoke up, Byul glanced at her and nodded.

“Sure, we can show you around the campus.” Jungkook nodded, Byul tugged on his sleeve again. Sohye’s brows met briefly.

“Yeah, you can go ahead. I think I kept in my drawer.” Jungkook pressed his nose on the crown of her head, Byul swatted him away before heading back to the staircase.

Mrs. Jeon just shook her head, amused.

“What was Byul unnie looking for?” Sohye cleared before pulling the male with her.

“Okay, I’ll show you around the house, kid.” Jungkook chuckled before wrapping one arm around her neck and pulling her to the garden.

Byul leaned against the balustrade and watched as the two walked towards the pavilion.

“It feels weird. I should have just left.” She muttered before heading back to Jungkook’s room.

She walked to his drawer and found one of notebooks, Byul opened it and started to check her notes.

 

 

“Since when did I become her unnie?”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++