005

Her

Mark pulled over in front of a two storey house, Byul gestured for him to go down.

“Your friends are here?” He asked as they walked towards the gates.

“Yeah, he’s an oppa I know, he goest to SNU too. So, he’s a sunbae.” She said as she pressed on the doorbell.

“Who is it?”

“Chim oppa? It’s me.” She spoke through the intercom, there was a small laugh before the left gate opened.

“Come on.” Byul nodded for him to follow her, Mark watched as she hopped on the steps with familiarity and then they reached a garden.

“Song Byul!” A male boomed as he jogged towards her, Byul smiled before handing the box of cupcakes to him.

“Oppa, you’re here early, I’m shocked.” She teased, then the male’s eyes went to Mark.

“This is my friend, Mark. He’ll be going to SNU by Monday, be nice.” She mused, the male broke into a smile.

“This is Taehyung oppa, or you can call him sunbae or hyung, whatever you want.” Byul said, Mark took the male’s offered hand.

“Nice to meet you, sunbaenim.” Mark said politely.

“Ya, hyung will do, Byul’s friend is also my friend.” He chuckled.

“Jimin oppa?” She asked as she walked towards the table.

“Song Star!” Another male greeted her, Byul chuckled before hugging the older male.

“Look, this our Byul’s plus one.” Taehyung announced, the other male looked at Mark before walking towards them.

“Thanks for having me.” Mark said before offering his hand.

“That’s Jimin oppa, Mark!” Byul said while chewing on a chicken lollipop.

Mark just grinned at her, Jimin shook his head.

“Jungkook? Why isn’t he here yet? I’m hungry!” She complained before taking her seat.

“Did we also mention that she’s…five years old?” Jimin blinked at Mark.

“I think she’s just hungry. And impatient. The usual her.” Mark mused, Taehyung laughed before taking his seat across Byul.

 

 

“Jimin sunbae lives here alone?” Hyena asked as they walked towards the gazebo.

“Yeah, he’s parents are out of town.” Jungkook replied, then they reached the garden. He saw the male chatting with Jimin.

“Jeon Jungkook!” Taehyung waved at him, Hyena smiled as they approached the group.

“Hey, sorry. Traffic.” He said as he reached the table, Byul looked at him.

“Did you get here okay?” Jungkook asked as he kissed the side of her head before taking his seat next to her. Hyena glanced at the two briefly, then she faced Jimin and Taehyung again.

“Yeah, we did.” She nodded back before picking up another chicken lollipop.

“Oh, right, Mark?” She called, Mark walked to the table and took the seat across Jungkook.

“This is the nuisance I call my best friend, Jungkook. Kookie, this is Mark, he’s the family friend I told you about.” She said, Mark smiled and offered his hand.

Jungkook grinned.

“I’m not the nuisance, she is.” He said as he shook the younger male’s hand.

“I had a feeling about that, hyung.” Mark nodded back.

“No need to be ganging up on me. I’m hungry.” Byul eyed them warily, then Jungkook took out the keys from his pocket and placed it on the table.

Byul looked at it, she recognized the penguin keychain. Jungkook studied her expressions as she stared at it, then she started to smile.

He let out a breath.

“I left it again? In your car?” She asked as she picked it up. Mark looked at the two briefly.

“No, in my coat.”

“Sorry.” She said sheepishly.

“You should be.” He mused before placing some pasta on her plate then on his.

“Oops.” She mused before picking up her fork.

Jimin glanced at Hyena briefly who was staring at Jungkook and Byul.

 

 

“So, how long have known Byul, Mark Lee?” Jimin asked warmly.

“We met when we were children, I think I was three.” Mark nodded.

“Oh, a childhood friend.” Hyena chimed in.

“You could say that.” He nodded in reply.

“He used to live in another street, but now he’s living with us.” Byul added before picking up her fork.

“Swim meet on Tuesday.” Jungkook said quietly as he picked up his drink, Byul dropped her fork.

“Are you stopping her from eating?” Mark questioned, confused.

“He’s not.” Taehyung smiled, Hyena looked at the two curiously.

“When she…makes a mistake or soemthiing gets in her way during a competition, she gets really…toxic.”

Jungkook’s lips quirked up, Byul sent him a look.

“It’s my way of asking her to quit the swim team.” He said conversationally.

“What? Why?” Hyena blinked.

“Her back has been bothering her for two months, right, Byul?” Jungkook asked with a sickeningly sweet smile.

“Shut up before I stab you with a carrot.” She muttered.

Mark just grinned at her.

“How cute.” Jungkook said dryly.

 

 

“Did it go well?” Byul was teasing as she plopped down beside Jungkook by the pool.

“Yeah. You? You have a housemate now.” He said.

“I’m fine, I’ve known him before I knew you.” She rolled her eyes, Jimin joined the group.

“Hyena said she’s not feeling so well, it must be the sushi.” He said, Jungkook glanced behind them, the girl looked at little pale.

“Drive her home.” Byul nudged him with her toe.

“You? I can drop you off.” Jungkook offered as he stood up.

“No, Mark drove us here. Take care!” She waved at him.

Jungkook nodded, he glanced at Mark briefly before joining Hyena.

“Well?” Jimin asked.

“What, oppa?”

“The Clyde to your Bonnie is now taken.”

“Bonnie and Clyde were an actual couple, oppa. Ew.” She shuddered, the older male chuckled.

“You know what I mean, Byul. We both know that you and Hyena have history.”

Her brows met briefly.

“Oh, did you forget about high school?” He asked flatly, she just shook her head.

“Aniya, it’s all good now, oppa. Jungkook’s happy with her.” She watched as the black matte Rover started to speed away from the house.

 

“I guess so. I’ll go get you a soda or something.” Jimin mussed her hair before jogging back to the gazebo.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++