003

Her

 

“Update me as soon as you can!” Byul chuckled as Jungkook started the engine.

“Why would I do that?” Jungkook shook his head at her as he switched gears.

“I have to know if I need to adjust, you know.” She said as she opened a Ziploc loaded with sliced carrots, Jungkook shuddered at her snack.

“Adjust?” He questioned and gestured for her to put on her seatbelt.

“Yeah, because Kookie, if you get a girlfriend, it’s bye bye Byul.” She teased, Jungkook’s brows met briefly.

“Why do I have to bye bye Byul?”

“Jungkook, Hyena’s a girl. And I’m a girl. I can’t be around you so much once you two are official. That would cause problems.”

Jungkook glanced at her briefly, she was happily munching on her carrots.

“It wont, Byul.”

“It will. Trust me. I’ve seen it happen.” She mused, Jungkook’s brows met. Byul bit her lip and glanced at him.

“But don’t worry about it, you’ll still see me around campus.” She said jokingly.

Jungkook’s lips quirked up slightly.

“Eomma wants to know if you can stay over for dinner?” She asked as she checked her phone.

“Can’t. I have plans with the guys. Jimin hyung just got back.”

“Chim oppa is? Good!” She grinned, then they reached the familiar street.

“So, library this Sunday?” Jungkook asked as he eased into the Song property.

“Yeah, I’ll meet you there.” She replied as he stopped in front of the house. Jungkook smiled as she unstrapped her seatbelt.

“Enjoy your weekend, Jeon.” She leaned over to kiss his cheek before sliding down the car and jogging towards the front door.

Jungkook just shook his head while grinning before driving away.

 

 

Byul checked her reflection again, she was wearing a nice lavender mini dress and a pair of Gucci flats.

“The Lees? They’re in town?” She asked her mother as she joined them in the kitchen.

“Well, just their son. For college. He’s going to SNU too, dear. Show him around.”

Byul nodded and picked up one of the trays with fresh lemon bars.

“Where do I take this, unnie?” She asked the maid, Mrs. Song smiled and watched daughter.

“Right here, young miss. Thank you.” She pointed towards the countertop. Byul set the tray down, then they heard a car pull over at the curb.

“They’re here.” Mrs. Song said with a smile and pulled Byul with her to the front door.

Byul felt her phone vibrate, she quickly opened the message and smiled to herself.

Hi, Byul. It’s Chim oppa.

I’ll see you this weekend, right? Make time for me! – Jimin oppa

“Jinhee! Dongjun!”

She looked up just as two familiar faces came to view.

“And Byul!” Mrs. Lee Jinhee greeted her with open arms.

“How have you been, auntie?” She said before hugging the woman.

“Minhyung, come on and say hi.” Mr. Lee called.

Byul looked up just as a young male around her age appeared from the Rolls Royce.

“Mark!” She said with a smile before walking to him and giving him a hug.

 

 

Mark almost staggered back in surprise and but he slowly reciprocated her hug.

“N—Noona!” He said with a smile just as Byul pulled back.

“Whoa, you’re taller than me now.” She teased, Mark bit his lip.

“Look, they already left us to chat amongst themselves.” She glanced towards the doors, their parents had disappeared.

“How long has it been, noona? Six, seven years?” Mark asked shyly.

“Maybe six? So, is it true about SNU?” She asked him and gestured for Mark to follow her into the house.

“Yeah, noona. I decided it’s better to finish school here than in the US.”

“Good choice, Lee Minhyung.” She smiled, they reached the living room. Their parents werealready chatting about the old times and were catching up.

“Do we really want to sit through that?” Byul mused, Mark grinned.

“No, we don’t.” He replied, he followed her towards the glass doors with familiarity.

“How’s SNU, noona?” He asked as they decided to step out of the house and to the pool area.

“You’ll love it. You into sports?” She asked as they reached the lounge chairs.

“Soccer. But I don’t think I should be playing this year. You? You still swim, right?”

"Swimmer number seven.” She chuckled, Mark smiled as he looked at her side profile, Byul wasstaring at the pool.

“Noona?”

Byul’s gaze went back to him.

“They’re calling us for dinner.” Mark gestured towards the glass doors, Byul grinned.

“After this we should go out.” She said as they stood up.

“But, noona you used to hate going out. You hate socializing.” Mark was surprised, but his tone was teasing.

“Don’t start now. I can’t boss you around anymore, you’re taller than me now.” She chuckled before entering the house.

“Exactly.” Mark chuckled, Byul just shot him a look before joining the elders in the dining room.

 

 

“Hyena?” Taehyun queried, Jimin looked up from his plate.

“Yeah. Tomorrow.” Jungkook replied as he set his fork down.

“I thought Hyena and Byul didn’t get along well.” Taehyung spoke again.

“They’re…just too different.” Jungkook shrugged, his phone beeped.

“Who?”

“Byul.” Jungkook said distractedly before typing in a reply.

“Why? Is something up with our Song Star?” Jimin smiled.

“No, she just said she has to cancel on Sunday.” Jungkook nodded.

“Byul? Cancelling on you? Heol, daebak!” Taehyung mused, Jungkook just ignored him.

“She has a friend over, a childhood buddy. She says she wants to show him around.” Jungkook stated before eating again.

“That’s good then, you go on a date with Hyena while she goes around with a Jungkook replacement.” Jimin teased, Taehyung hid his grin.

“Don’t start, hyung.”

“Kookie, really? Hyena? Kim Hyena? Of all the girls in SNU?”

Jungkook bit his lip and just set his utensils down.

“Let it go.”

“You’re being weird. She’s~”

 

 

“I said let it go, hyung. Let’s just have fun tonight.” He said before picking up his juice.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++