027

Her

Byul let out a sigh as she stepped out of the meeting room, she handed the folder to her assistant.

“Oppa, I wasn’t made for this.” She murmured.

“You were born for this, agasshi.”

“Stop.” She sent him a look, the older male just grinned.

“Do I still have more meetings? Song Electronics isn’t doing so well.” She stated as they walked back to her office.

“Have you seen the reports, director?”

“I need to check on Song Realty. There are some things that don’t add up.” She said as they reached her office, then she paused when she noticed a familiar face by the elevators.

“Oh, young master.” Her father’s secretary came rushing towards him.

 

 

“Wait, he doesn’t know?” Junhee looked up from the chopping board.

“He was away during that time. Byul said it wasn’t important. And that telling Jungkook would just cause more trouble.” Jimin shrugged, Taehyung was twirling around while sitting on the computer chair.

“Jaehyun and Byul. Who would have thought?”

“Until Hyena came along, it was pretty bad.” Jimin shook his head.

“What happened?” Junhee asked.

“Jaehyun got…Jaehyun was serious about Byul. But, Hyena really wanted to get in between them. So, what she did was…one morning, during the school assembly,” Jimin bit his lip, Taehyung shook his head.

“Hyena…She walked to Byul, with her friends behind her. Then they started ripping her uniform off her.”

Junhee dropped the cutting knife.

“What?”

“Before that, she..did a lot of things to torment Byul. But, she never told Jaehyun about it.”

“That ,” Junhee spat.

“Then after that incident, Byul broke up with him. Ani, her exact words were, “Stay away from me. I hate you.”.” Jimin exhaled.

“Jungkook doesn’t know? Not even a single word?”

“No. And I’m worried that, now he’s back. Does he still have feelings for Byul?” Jimin spoke.

“Then what about that kid?” Taehyung asked, Junhee looked at him.

“Mark. It’s very obvious. He has eyes for Byul.”

“But, Byul is Jeon’s girl.” Junhee blinked, Jimin just grinned at her.

“It’s going to be a fun semester then.”

 

 

“What brings you here?” Byul asked as Jaehyun sat down across her.

“I was..passing by.”

“Chunghee?” She asked as she leaned back on her seat.

“She wants to cancel the wedding.”

Byul paused, her brows rose briefly.

“I need to ask you something, Byul.”

“Fire away.”

“My marrying Chunghee will weaken your position as CEO. Am I right?”

Byul tensed in her seat, but she nodded.

“They’re going to use you against me, Jaehyun. That’s why they’re rushing you to marry my cousin.” She said carefully.

“But..why?”

“My aunts don’t want me here. They want to kick me out. But the board didn’t let that happen.”

Jaehyun grew silent, Byul stood up.

“I’m not asking you not to marry or her. But you came here and asked me why, so..that’s your answer.” She said as she walked towards the windows.

“Chunghee doesn’t want to do it.”

“I don’t really care about what she wants to do.” She shrugged without facing him.

“Byul,”

“I mean it. I know your parents must be pressuring you too. You don’t have to feel sorry for me. I can handle it.” She glanced at him, Jaehyun walked up to her and made her face him.

“I got the wrong bride.” He stated.

Byul shook her head at him.

“I want you, Byul. Not her.”

“Jaehyun~”

“You’re the reason I came back to Seoul, Song Byul. I want you back.”

 

 

Byul trudged on her way towards her friends, she felt a little disconcerted about walking on grass.

“Whose idea was this?” She murmured as she looked up. Junhee had decided on glamping, or glamour camping at one of the Kims’ owned private property just outside Seoul.

She bit her lip as she tried to erase the events that had happened earlier.

Jung Jaehyun

Byul shook her head and kept her pace.

“Song Star!” Taehyung bellowed, she looked up and grinned just as the male welcomed her with a hug.

“Hyung’s here too. And Hoseok hyung.” Jimin announced just as two familiar males came into sight.

“Jin oppa.” Byul smiled at Taehyung’s older brother.

“I heard about what happened, our poor Song Star.” Jin sighed before wrapping her in a warm hug.

“Have you been well, Byul?” Hoseok walked to them and mussed her hair.

“Been better, oppa. I’m glad you two decided to check on us kids.” She said with a grin before heading inside the tent.

“Yo.” Jimin raised his beer at her. Byul nodded at him, she looked around and set her bag on the table.

Jungkook was seated on one of the camping chairs.

“Long day?” Jungkook asked her, his eyes were on the iPad Pro set on the table behind her, a soccer match was being live streamed.

tumblr_ov89v7cwb61w0xlg6o1_400.gif

Byul crossed her arms, she let out a breath.

“You’re the reason I came back to Seoul, Song Byul. I want you back.”

“Byul?” Jungkook was looking at her now, she shook off her sneakers and just walked to him.

“Work got to you?” Jungkook questioned, she just wordlessly climbed on his lap and curled against him.

Jungkook tensed, but he shifted on his seat to carry her weight.

“Should I be worried?” He asked softly as Byul leaned her head on his shoulder.

“Ani. I’m just tired.” She murmured, her eyes were on his piercings. Jungkook placed his right palm over her knees.

“Is something bothering you?” He peeled his eyes away from the iPad.

“Nothing. Just some..weird things from the past, trying to slap you in the face again.” She nodded slowly, Jungkook grew amused at her terminology.

“Are you referring to your weight again? Chubby Byul is my favorite Byul.” He smiled.

“Aniya. Just..stuff.” She replied before pressing her forehead against his shoulder and closing her eyes.

“Rest up then, you have to eat lots later. Since you already quit the team.” He patted her knee softly.

Byul just smiled and just curled against his chest for more warmth. Jungkook went back to watching the match, he could hear Jin and Jimin arguing outside while Junhee was barking orders as she cooked.

He felt Byul’s breathing even, he looked down only to find her snoring slightly, he smiled to himself before placing his arm under her head.

Song Byul was fast asleep on his lap.

Jungkook’s petty side was jumping in glee.

Mark Lee would flip when he sees this.

And then he paused, his brows creased together as he looked at Byul again.

Something had changed. Something was happening.

Things seemed like it was still the same between them, but he knew. He knew that it wasn’t the same as before.

He looked at Byul again, her eyelashes were touching the skin under her eyes.

 

“You…Unknowingly, you’ve become my everything.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++