010

Her

“Not really, it wasn’t that hard.” Byul stated as Jungkook set down the tray before them.

“Oh, you got the salted caramel.” She said as Jungkook pushed her lemon lime cheesecake towards her.

“You broke your record, Byul.” Jungkook mused, she just took a small forkful of his cake.

“Yeah. I did.” She shrugged and took another bite again, he just switched plates with her and started to eat.

“How was the party? Did I miss something big? Did Taehyung oppa burn the whole place down?” She grinned.

“No, but he was worried you didn’t come. How did dinner with your Mark go?” Jungkook asked as he took a sip from her watermelon slushie, he grimaced.

“My Mark?” She rolled her eyes.

“Try replacing me, there aren’t many people sane enough to deal with you.” He pointed out, Byul offered him a sheepish smile.

“I’m not replacing you. I wouldn’t dare.” She said mockingly before eating again.

“I just totally forgot that I promised to take him to Namsan. And, we have exams in a few weeks, I wont have time by then,” She said while shamelessly chewing in front of him, Jungkook grinned and just gestured for her to eat more.

“Should we go out today? We can ditch class and roam around.” Jungkook offered, Byul was about to nod in agreement, but then she paused.

And Jungkook noticed that.

“Maybe..next week? I have a report to finish.” She said quickly, Jungkook’s brows met briefly but he nodded at her.

“Okay then, Song Star.” He bopped her nose before going back to his cake.

Byul just smiled at him.

 

 

“Where were you? You didn’t have lunch with your friends.” Hyena said as Jungkook took his seat next to her.

“Yeah, we ate outside campus.” Jungkook replied as he took out his laptop.

“We?”

“Byul.” He said as he opened the device and took out his textbook.

“Ah, you went with Byul?” Hyena nodded, her left brow went up briefly.

“I had to check on her.” Jungkook nodded as he leaned back on his seat, then he looked up.

Hyena followed his gaze, she exhaled and crossed her arms.

Byul had walked in the room, then she paused and blinked to herself.

Jungkook snorted.

“My bag.” She murmured, then she met eyes with Jungkook. Her eyes narrowed at him, he grinned before tossing his car keys to her.

“Right.” She exhaled in relief and caught it and then she left the room.

Hyena just looked away, her brows furrowed together.

“You two are really close, huh?”

“Yeah, I guess.” He said distractedly as he started to type.

“But, Jungkook-ah,” Hyena patted his shoulder, Jungkook paused and faced her.

“Why? Is something wrong?” He asked her.

Hyena was about to speak but Byul walked in the room again.

“Thanks.” She said before walking towards the empty desk, Jungkook glanced at her briefly.

“Ya,” Hyena nudged him.

“About B~”

“Hyena-ya, can we talk about this later? I forgot to save my file from Byul’s laptop.” He said before standing up and walking up to Byul with his laptop in hand.

Hyena just shook her head and glanced at the two.

“How gutsy.” She spat.

 

 

“So, it’s all set now? We’re doing it at abeoji’s house?”

Chunghee looked up from her seat, her mother and her other siblings were discussing about the Song patriarch’s birthday, it was happening this weekend.

“What about his favorite grandchild? How is she doing?” One of her aunts asked dryly.

“I’m sure she’s well.”

“Chunghee? Have you seen her lately?”

Chunghee bit her lip.

“Unnie’s still the same, she’s still has high grades, and the swim team’s star.” She said as she looked at her fingers.

“Of course, as expected of oppa’s only child.” Her aunt chuckled humorlessly.

Chunghee’s brows furrowed.

“Chunghee, you should work hard more. People keep on saying you’ve been slacking off.”

“Eomma~”

“I heard Byul was even allowed to take more units this year. While you still remain at the lower ranks in your major.” Her mother shook her head at her.

Chunghee exhaled, her forehead creased.

“She would even probably marry better than you, so do well with your academics, or else your halbae might not even acknowledge you anymore.”

Chunghee bit her lip.

“U—Unnie, she—she always hangs out with boys, auntie.”

Eyes went to her right away.

“Boys?”

“Yes, she’s always with boys.” Chunghee said quickly, she swallowed.

Her other two aunts started to smile.

“That’s interesting, then.”

 

 

Byul was watching a video on her phone as she sat down on top of her Range Rover’s hood.

Mark had just reached the parking lot when he saw her. He smiled as he jogged towards her.

“Noona!”

She looked up and removed her earphones.

“What took you so long?” She mused, Mark tossed his bag inside the car and walked back to her.

“We had this surprise quiz…I was really surprised.” He scratched the back of his head, Byul chuckled. She started to move, but Mark grabbed her waist and lifted her down from the car’s hood.

Byul felt herself tense, but she grinned at the male.

“So, I got invited to your grandfather’s party. Auntie called me earlier.” Mark said conversationally.

“That’s good then. At least I have an escape route.” She mused at him.

“But, noona,” Mark spoke.

“Hm?” Byul handed the car keys to him, Mark was about to speak when she noticed the matte black Range Rover start across them.

Her brows rose briefly, Hyena was seated on the front seat, talking while Jungkook was laughing as he switched gears.

“Noona?” Mark touched her hand, her eyes went to him again.

“Huh?” She asked, she heard Jungkook’s car drive away from the parking lot.

“I asked if I Jaemin and Haechan could come over, we have a project we need to work on.” Mark repeated.

“Yeah, sure. It’s okay. Call them,” She nodded before getting in the front seat, Mark smiled and just rushed to the car and started to the engine.

Byul just leaned back on her seat, thoughtful.

 

“I was worried for nothing. She’s just being too cautious.” She whispered to herself.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++