세븐틴: Serial Killer’s Signature

SOUNDCHECK

세븐틴: Serial Killer’s Signature

 

        They were really awkward until they’ve become complete. That night, Jeonghan asked Joshua to look after Mingyu and he agreed. It just worried him that their fight lasted that long; nevertheless, he granted his friend’s wish.

 

Joshua:

Hanie? Promise me, you’re gonna fix this. Okay?

 

Jeonghan:

Yeah. But please don’t ask him anything yet. Don’t pressure him, Shua.

 

Joshua:

Alright.

(He smiled assuring his angel that they’re all gonna be fine)

 

        Just then, Joshua noticed that Jeonghan’s lips were in purplish hue. He touched his chin and looked at it closely.

 

Joshua:

You are getting paler, Jeonghan.

 

Jeonghan:

Don’t mind it…

I am about to take my medicine.

(He guaranteed him)

 

Joshua:

Okay.

And, Jeonghan?

Don’t stress yourself out, okay?

 

Jeonghan:

Of course.

(He smiled awkwardly because it was too hard for him to achieve as of the moment.)

 

        Seungcheol saw them and join the talk. He was supposed to give Jeonghan his medicine because he knew that Jeonghan might forget it.

 

On the other hand, he wanted to talk to Jeonghan about the news he heard from his dongsaengs because it was his duty to keep them in unity.

 

Seungcheol:

Drink your medicine now.

I know you will forget.

 

Jeonghan:

Omo! I am about to.

Thanks Coups?

(He smiled weakly.)

 

Seungcheol:

How’s Mingyu?

 

Joshua:

He still has fever.

 

Seungcheol:

If that won’t subside by midnight, we will bring him to the hospital.

 

Joshua:

Alright.

 

Seungcheol:

Jeonghan-ah…

 

Jeonghan:

Cheol, I know the kids had already told you about what happened earlier… and please give me some time too.

I don’t want to talk about it.

 

Seungcheol:

I understand.

You should rest too.

 

Jeonghan:

I will just sleep at Joshua’s bed.

He will be taking mine.

(He smiled)

If you’d excuse me.

I want to rest now.

 

Seungcheol:

Yeah. Sure.

Good night.

 

        Joshua and Seungcheol shared a glace and sighed.

 

Seungcheol:

Aigoo~

 

Joshua:

You should rest too, Cheol.

 

Seungcheol:

Let’s take turns.

Wake me up when it’s already 12.

 

Joshua:

I’m fine.

Go ahead and sleep.

And Cheol, can you ask somebody to check Jeonghan for a while?

 

Seungcheol:

Why?

 

Joshua:

His lips are turning purplish.

 

Seungcheol:

What?!

(He panicked)

 

Joshua:

Tell the kids… you must rest now Coups. I know you are tired too.

 

Seungcheol:

But…

 

Joshua:

Coups!

(He reprimanded)

 

Seungcheol:

I understand.

 

        Cheol went to talk to the others, while Joshua was busy with Mingyu.

 

        The next morning, Jeonghan came rushing to the bathroom again because of his upset stomach. His lips were bluish to purplish that time, and he felt dizzy. –The cause of the discoloration of his lips were lack of oxygen and blood flow to his extremities- In addition, his stomach was empty and it hurt badly. He trembled as he felt his knees weak, struggling to go to the kitchen.

 

        He took a deep breath as he planned to stand firm again. He was feeling weak, but he said to himself that he must stay healthy for his beloved friends.

 

        Without calling any help, he got an instant noodles from the cabinet and boil some water. He waited at the kitchen pressing his stomach because it aches too much. He was frowning his brows in pain as he leaned his head down to his arms.

 

        When the water was already boiling, he turned off the stove quickly so no one would wake up. He forced himself to eat at a lonely table for the sake of filling up his stomach. After a short while, he rested his body on the table until he fell asleep.

 

        Seungkwan was the first one who saw him in the kitchen. The wondering maknae was supposed to use the bathroom, but he delayed it because he saw a sleeping angel in the kitchen. He noticed that Jeonghan ate an instant noodles alone and thought that maybe he was just hungry.

 

        He resumed going to the bathroom. He checked his hyung once again and thought of cooking for him to make him happy. The jolly boy went out alone to buy a freshly brewed coffee from his favourite café and he had the idea that a sleepy angel might like a pancake in the morning.

 

        He went to a grocery store to buy a pre-mixed pancake batter and bought some hot coffee from a café.

 

        The moment he stepped back to their kitchen, Jeonghan was not there anymore. Maybe he went back to his bed, but later on, he heard someone throwing up in the bathroom. That indicated that Jeonghan was suffering from his morning sickness again.

 

        He knocked at the door, but his hyung couldn’t move. He tried to twist the knob, and he was relieved that Jeonghan did not lock it.

 

Seungkwan:

Hyung, you alright?

Maybe you should drink a hot coffee.

I bought one for you.

 

        Jeonghan could not speak as his vomiting won’t allow him to talk. After a while, he already washed his face and finally got to talk to Seungkwan. In Seungkwan’s surprise, Jeonghan’s appearance looked pale; in addition, the color of his lips were purplish.

 

Seungkwan:

(He panicked)

Are you feeling cold again, hyung?

 

Jeonghan:

No…

Seungkwanie… can I have the coffee.

I’m-

 

        He’s running out of breath and he was about to pass out, but Seungkwanie saved him from falling. The poor angel grabbed tight on his reliable fluffy dongsaeng, while Seungkwan was embracing him firmly.

 

Jeonghan:

Thank you, Seungkwan.

(He smiled faintly as he was grasping his breath.)

 

Seungkwan:

(His brows frown worriedly. He thought of shouting to call his hyungs, but he couldn’t because he knew Jeonghan would be sad.)

How are you feeling, hyung?

 

Jeonghan:

I’m hungry.

Can you make me something?

 

Seungkwan:

I will cook pancake… just sip a hot coffee for the meantime.

I bought your favourite coffee.

(He boasted himself with a smile covering all his sadness upon witnessing Jeonghan in that condition. His heart was breaking, but all he could do was to smile to comfort his friend.)

 

Jeonghan:

(He smiled)

Thank you.

You’re the best!

 

        Seungkwan assisted him to the kitchen, and there, he started cooking for his hyung.

 

Once in a while, he’s checking on Jeonghan’s little action. The moment he saw Jeonghan curling his body and grasping his breath hard, he rushed to him without minding what he was cooking.

 

Seungkwan:

Hyung! Hyung! Tell me what to do.

(He gasped his breath in anxiousness.)

 

Jeonghan:

(Presented a smile, but he failed to maintain it due to the pain he was experiencing.)

S-(gasp) Seungkwanie~ (Gasp) can y- (took a deep breath) can you just- hold me for a… a while?

 

        Seungkwan grabbed on his hyung’s hand and felt that it was icy cold. Jeonghan began shivering that his lips trembling indicated that he was feeling really cold.

 

        On the other hand, Seungkwan’s tears just came out. He was terribly worried as their angel’s grasp tightened each time.

 

        They stayed connected for several minutes resulting for the pancake to be totally burnt. Jeonghan was the one to notice the burnt smell.

 

Jeonghan:

(He spoke when he felt a lot more better)

Sorry Seungkwanie~

The pancake is burning.

 

Seungkwan:

(Wiped his tears as he immediately put out the fire without letting go of Jeonghan’s hand. If he needed to do an acrobatic stunts to kill the fire.)

Omo! Goodness!

 

Jeonghan:

I am okay now.

(He talked weakly)

Thank you so much. Sorry for letting you see me like that.

But I’m actually fine now.

(He smiled faintly)

 

Seungkwan:

Hyung, you call me anytime. It’s fine. Please let me be with you when the attack comes again.

You need somebody to be with you.

(With a worried scolding tone)

 

Jeonghan:

Sweet~

Okay. Araseo.

 

        The young chef made another pancake and he was making sure that he would not let it burn again. That time, he meticulously flipped the pancake to cook the other side, but he failed. Nonetheless, he still managed to pull out a perfectly cooked fluffy pancake despite the deformity. And what made it more special was the love Seungkwan put on it -his sincerity and effort- just to give Jeonghan a good breakfast.

 

        That would make an angel love to eat everything he cooks.

 

 

        Seungkwan was laughing before he served the pancake. He even tried to decorate it, but it just won’t work. He served a layer of pancake –messy pancake- with strawberries on top. The boy didn’t even know if the strawberry could help but served it anyway. He gave Jeonghan butter and syrup to enjoy his hot –messy- pancake.

 

Jeonghan:

(He giggled)

How creative Seungkwanie~

Chalmeokoseumnida!

 

Seungkwan:

I hope the appearance won’t ruin the taste.

Enjoy!

 

Jeonghan:

It won’t.

Eat beside me.

 

        Jeonghan took his first bite and he was certainly satisfied. He loved it when someone cooks for him. Fortunately for him, he was able to eat a lot and did not throw up again.

 

Jeonghan:

Thank you, Seungkwanie~

(He came back to life again; however, his complexion was still a bit pale and his lips were still purplish, somehow.)

I hope I can get pancake again tomorrow.

(He giggled)

 

Seungkwan:

Just tell me.

(He winked)

 

        Later on, members began waking up one by one. Minghao was the first person they saw coming out of the room, then Jun.

 

Jeonghan:

Seungkwan? I think we better make pancakes for the others too.

(He giggled)

 

        China line boys saw them and helped them cook pancakes. Jun went out to buy more pancake mix enough for all of them.

 

        Breakfast is ready! So, they assembled all at ones in the kitchen. Vernon and Seungkwan were busy serving them with their hot instant coffee, Joshua helped them too.

 

        All were present at the table except Mingyu. He was still sleeping. Jeonghan volunteered himself to give Mingyu his breakfast and asked to give them some time to talk.

 

Seungcheol:

Okay.

Jeonghan…

Everything’s gonna be alright. Okay?

 

Joshua:

We trust your power of taming others.

(He teased)

 

Jeonghan:

I don’t have so much power to tame everybody.

 

Seungcheol:

But you already tamed a wild bear here.

(Pointing at Jihoon with his mouth discreetly.)

Mingyu is just a baby compared to him.

(He winked)

 

Jihoon:

(He noticed)

Seungcheol ssi, don’t make me throw this fork to you.

(He threatened in a joke manner)

 

Seungcheol:

(He gulped)

Araseo.

Tsk!

This kid!

(He sighed)

You can’t mess around with him.

(He murmured loudly.)

 

Jihoon:

Yeah. You can’t unless you are Jeonghan hyung.

(He smirked)

 

Jeonghan:

Aigoo~ saranghae Hoonie.

 

Jihoon:

Go on. Bring that messy pancake to Mingyu.

He’ll calm down.

 

Jeonghan:

Thank you.

 

DK:

Fighting!

I better talk to him later too. After you.

(He laughed)

 

        Jeonghan didn’t delay. He went to Mingyu’s room –actually, their room- carrying his breakfast. The Princess waited for his prince to wake up.

 

        After a while, Mingyu opened his eyes and felt a lot better; though, he still feel his body weak. Jeonghan waited a little more before he greeted his prince.

 

Jeonghan:

Good morning!

How are you feeling?

 

        Mingyu looked pissed the moment he heard Jeonghan’s voice and decided not to look back.

 

Mingyu:

I’m a lot better now.

 

Jeonghan:

I brought you breakfast.

After that you can drink your medicine.

 

Mingyu:

(He’s a bit calmer than yesterday)

Thank you. Just put it there. I will eat it later.

 

Jeonghan:

Mingyu, I know it’s too early for this, but can we talk?

 

Mingyu:

Talk about what?

(Frowned his brows more)

 

        With that statement, Jeonghan froze and became scared.

 

Jeonghan:

(With a shaky voice)

About what happened.

I-I’m really sorry.

(He looked down and he felt ashamed)

I know that I hurt you.

 

        Mingyu was just listening.

 

Jeonghan:

Mingyu, can we-

(He staggered because he was feeling that his tears began to gather around his eyes again. He’s being too emotional day by day. Well, he couldn’t help it.)

Can you forgive me?

 

        That time, Jeonghan couldn’t held back his tears.

 

Jeonghan:

I’m really sorry.

(He spoke softly, while sobbing silently at the corner of the room.)

 

        Mingyu sensed that his Princess was crying. Finally he looked at him. Meanwhile, Jeonghan was getting more sensitive and vulnerable.

 

Jeonghan realized that maybe he’s acting wrong towards the others. He knew how much they love him and it’s not good that he kept rejecting or ignoring them. It hurts him, and he knew that it hurts them too. He couldn’t play dumb anymore. Not when they were hurting too. He needed to stop putting a wall between them. Maybe it was time to embrace them too, the way they were embracing him. But he wasn’t sure of what to do. Jeonghan was pressured, especially now that he thought he was running out of time to show how much he loves all of them. He was just afraid that what if he needed to choose? Everything -their friendship, their love- would be ruined.

 

Jeonghan:

(He wiped his tears and smiled sadly like a fool)

I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to be like this. (crying)

Please eat your breakfast first.

Excuse me for a while.

 

        He was about to go out of the room, but Mingyu halted him. Those tears melted Mingyu’s heart. The prince’s irritated face became calm again. It shook him so hard and realized that he went overboard. He was harsh! He was stupid! Truthfully, it’s not Jeonghan’s fault but him. He knew he was drunk, but he took it seriously. Maybe his exhaustion influenced his temper and thinking. The younger felt sorry for everybody, especially to his angel. He came back to his senses and promised himself to never hurt him anymore. He loves him, and he wanted to protect him and their members too. They had to endure everything for the sake of their precious relationship.

 

        Mingyu stood up and ran to the crying, helpless Jeonghan and embraced him tight. Finally, the old Mingyu they knew came back.

 

Mingyu:

I’m sorry.

I’m sorry.

Don’t cry.

(He panicked as he wiped Jeonghan’s unending tears)

It’s my fault, I know.

Please forgive me.

I was not in my right state of mind that time.

 

        Mingyu’s heart broke when he realized that he was the reason why Jeonghan was hurting at the moment. He felt guilt. He felt sad. Finally, the prince broke into tears too, when he couldn’t stop Jeonghan from crying. He was aware that Jeonghan was suffering from a rare disease, and yet here he was giving him another problem.

 

Mingyu:

(Caressed Jeonghan’s weak body with his warm embrace)

I’m sorry. I hurt you.

(Kept saying his words repeatedly.)

 

        It was quiet for the longest of time that they were together. Mingyu was feeling guilty of his angel’s sadness and he hated himself for what he did.

 

Mingyu:

Jeonghan-ah…

(With his soft voice)

 

Jeonghan:

I’m sorry Mingyu ya.

I was wrong.

 

Mingyu:

Don’t feel sorry. It was my fault.

(Looked at Jeonghan’s sobbing face while wiping his tears.)

I hope we could fix this. I can’t bear to see you like that.

My heart is hurting.

 

Jeonghan:

I’m sorry I cried. I wasn’t supposed to.

It’s just that-

I don’t know why I’m feeling like this. I’m getting weak with this. (Dramas in life)

(Looked at his prince while the sun set light upon their beautiful faces.)

Are you feeling better now?

 

Mingyu:

(Smiled and show his dazzling princely charms)

Not when you are feeling sad.

(He said boldy)

 

Jeonghan:

(He stood firmly)

I’m okay now.

That release (cry) helped me.

(He touched Mingyu’s cheeks)

Will you forgive me, Prince?

 

Mingyu:

Of course!

I love you.

Will you forgive me?

 

Jeonghan:

Of course!

You know that I love you too.

Mingyu…

(He was hesitant to continue)

 

Mingyu:

(Smiled and cuddled him sweetly. It seemed like he knew what Jeonghan was about to say.)

Sure. Nothing will change.

I still love you no matter what. You’re my one and only princess, Jeonghanie~

(He stated sweetly.)

 

Jeonghan:

Saranghae, my prince.

 

Mingyu:

I get it.

That’s what you’re gonna say with all of us.

(Frowned and pouted again, then he giggled.)

 

        Mingyu embraced his angel sweetly, and it was just like a magic when they became okay again. They stayed like a cuddling couple statue for a while before Jeonghan asked a question out of curiosity.

 

Jeonghan:

Ya, Mingyu ya… where did you learn how to-

(He blushed)

-To kiss like that?

 

Mingyu:

(He blushed and became tensed)

Ah-th-

 

Jeonghan:

(Looked at Mingyu’s face closely with an interrogative scanning eyes.)

You learn that from the set, don’t you? (At least he was thinking they were fair.) Aigoo!

(He suspected that he learned that from his drama)

 

Mingyu:

(Got his confidence back and smirked)

No. I haven’t done that yet.

You know where I learned that?

(He smirked)

I got that from you.

I’m a fast learner, Jeonghanie~

That was exactly what you did to me. Did you forget?

You drag me to that, you naughty!

(He )

 

Jeonghan:

Mwo?! Me?! From me?!

(He blushed, confirming that the information he’s hearing was true.)

 

Mingyu:

Yeah.

(He said innocently.)

It’s your fault!

Tsk!

 

Jeonghan:

(He blushed)

Really?!

Oh my god!

 

Mingyu:

Where did you learn it?

(Intrigued as he back fire the angel on his arms.)

 

Jeonghan:

( more)

You’ll see it soon.

       

Mingyu:

With another person?

(He sighed heavily)

Tsk!

But anyway…

(He grinned as he rebuke)

I don’t know that it felt so good, Princess.

 

Jeonghan:

Ya…

(He said with his low threatening voice)

 

        Mingyu ignored it and continued speaking

 

Mingyu:

You are my first kiss…

(Remembered the kissing scene he had and Jeonghan witness that.)

I mean my first, how do I say it? My first… true kiss? Hmmm…

(Having a trouble calling that kiss.)

True love kiss?

(He’s quite not satisfied, so he gave up.)

Anyway… whatever… but I’m glad that it’s you.

(He said honestly and happy.)

 

        Jeonghan blushed and his heart pumped faster, and he bit Mingyu’s chest hard.

 

Mingyu:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaahk!

Stop!

 

        When he escaped, he fled outside like he had no fever at all. Jeonghan chased him while shouting.

 

Jeonghan:

Ya! Comeback here!

 

        The boys were totally surprised on how the two fight and make up every time. Opposite really attracts. It was just magical when they do things on their own.

 

        Mingyu ran behind DK and shielded his poor thin body from the ranging angel who was chasing him with his slippers. Unfortunately, Seungkwan was the one who got hit by it. The poor boy complained about it; however, everybody was ignoring him because they were so busy with the chase. Jeonghan’s fluffy marshmallow ranged. He let himself dived into the fight, but thank goodness The8 was there. The8 was in charge of blocking Seungkwan to join the ramble.

Meanwhile, in the middle of the chase, DK who served as the wall of the tall tower, took the chance to apologize.

 

DK:

Dude, I’m sorry about yesterday.

 

Mingyu:

I should be the one saying that.

Sorry.

(He smiled while dodging Jeonghan’s attacks)

 

DK:

Are we good!

 

Mingyu:

Certainly.

(He smiled)

 

        Later on, as the tall man’s wall became weaker, he dragged Wonwoo beside him to add to his shield, but that didn’t last long. His two walls seemed weak from the beginning. That time, Jeonghan managed to pull Mingyu’s hair and capture him.

 

Mingyu:

That’s not fair!

(He grumbled)

 

Jeonghan:

Tsk!

Aigoo Mingyu ya!

(He grunted)

 

DK:

Okay, I gotta escape now!

Goodluck with the sermon Mingyu!

Bye!

 

        The boys fled the scene because they might be Jeonghan’s next victim. Nevertheless, the two talked sincerely, and they were totally good!

 

        After all the chase, Jeonghan and the others (Mingyu, DK, Seungkwan, Wonwoo, and The8) who were dragged into something like a gang fight were too exhausted; as a result, Mingyu got his fever high once again because he got hyped all of a sudden. He went back to bed and Wonwoo was in charge of imprisoning him inside his room cell.

 

        Jeonghan realized that he had to spend most of the time with his loved once rather than resting, so he got a plan.

 

        Meanwhile, Jeonghan and the others were surprised when a little monster went out of the room somewhere over the rainbow and showed himself up after a long sleep (again). The boys saw him strolling lazily at the kitchen asking for food.

 

Jihoon:

You have food?

(With a lazy voice.)

 

Jeonghan:

Little monster, we didn’t know you were at your room.

 

Jihoon:

I’ve always stay there.

 

Jeonghan:

You hungry?

 

Seungkwan:

But you already ate pancake.

You hungry again, hyung?

 

Jihoon:

Yeah? Why?

(With a sarcastic opposite curved eyebrows)

 

Jeonghan:

Ummm… you have time?

 

Jihoon:

No. why?

 

Jeonghan:

Follow me!

 

Jihoon:

I said I have no tim-

 

        Jihoon wasn’t able to finish his sentence because Jeonghan dragged him inside the bathroom, let him wash and change his clothes in their room.

 

Jihoon:

What are you doing, hyung?!

(He groaned)

 

Jeonghan:

Just follow me and behave.

 

Jihoon:

Behave?!

(With his enlarged eyes)

I am the one who are supposed to be saying that, you know.

 

Jeonghan:

You are lucky, you know?

 

        After Jeonghan dragged Jihoon out of their house, which again surprised the others, Jeonghan pinched the manly little monster on his cheeks.

 

Jihoon:

Lucky for what?

Aw!

Let go!

(He stated with an irritated expression.)

 

Jeonghan:

I will date you today.

Congratulations!

 

Jihoon:

What has gotten you, pabo hyung?

(With all his confused face.)

 

Jeonghan:

Nothing. I’ll pay for everything.

Take me where you want to go.

(He smiled)

This is a rare offer, my Jihoonie~

 

Jihoon:

Why all of a sudden?

 

Jeonghan:

Because you always lock yourself inside your hideout.

You need to chill out!

So where do you want to go, little monster?

 

Jihoon:

(He smiled)

If you would like to date me, you should have planned it ahead of time, hyung.

 

Jeonghan:

C’mon, this is an unplanned date.

Ummmm… okay, let me think.

 

Jihoon:

A park will do.

(He suggested)

 

Jeonghan:

Staying at the park is an old school thing to do, but fine with me.

(He giggled)

What do you want to eat?

 

Jihoon:

Anything you like.

(Have a confident face.)

 

Jeonghan:

Okay, let’s buy something first!

 

        He grabbed Jihoon’s wrist and pulled him gently, but Jihoon pulled it back aggressively.

 

Jeonghan:

What? Why? I mean why di-

(With a cute shocked expression.)

 

Jihoon:

(Smirked)

If you want to date someone, hold me like this.

 

        Jihoon got Jeonghan’s soft hands and intertwined their fingers softly.  

 

Jihoon:

Got it?

Don’t drag me like I’m your baby.

(With a pissed yet pleased face.)

 

Jeonghan:

(Giggled)

Alright! I’m sorry.

You’re killing me already, my serial killer.

 

Jihoon:

Really?

That’s what you call me now?

 

Jeonghan:

Yeah. I am your FBI agent who caught you.

 

Jihoon:

You sure you caught me?

(Began riding those jokes of his fool Hyung.)

 

Jeonghan:

Did I not?

 

Jihoon:

I’ll break out and kill you slowly.

 

Jeonghan:
(with a straight cute face.)

Are you sure, little monster?

 

Jihoon:

Stop calling me that!

 

Jeonghan:

Alright. My… hmmm, since you are a serial killer, you are my unknown subject “Unsub”

 

Jihoon:

But you knew me already.

Don’t be ridiculous, hyung.

Did you take your brain medicine?

(He teased)

 

Jeonghan:

I did, young man, that’s why I am happy.

 

Jihoon:

Okay, stop taking your medicine.

(He giggled)

 

Jeonghan:

I will, but once I already caught you, unsub.

 

Jihoon:

(Sighed)

Aigoo, hyung, you are really into the character, aren’t you?

 

 

Jeonghan:

I love being an actor, you know.

(He winked)

 

Jihoon:

Just see after we watched your film. I will cut you into pieces!

 

Jeonghan:

Ohooo!

Are you threatening me?!

 

Jihoon:

Is it a joke, then?

 

Jeonghan:

Okay. Got it! I think no.

(He gave him a troubled face.)

Chill!

I won’t talk anymore.

(He laughed)

 

        Jihoon smiled quietly while walking together with Jeonghan. They went to a restaurant and bought a chicken and a beer which Jihoon asked. As planned, Jeonghan paid everything. Jihoon wanted to buy it for him, but Jeonghan was so persistent in declining his offer.

 

        They were about to go to a park near the area; however, Jihoon held Jeonghan’s hands and rode a taxi.

 

Jeonghan:

Where are we going?

 

Jihoon:

To a park.

 

Jeonghan:

Where?

 

Jihoon:

Just trust me.

(He smiled)

 

        Jeonghan was once again clueless of his precious criminal’s tactics. He just relaxed himself on his seat and let Jihoon surprise him.

 

        A few minutes of travel, it was quite far based on how long their travel was; nevertheless, he was still excited about it. Of course, they went to a park. That was what Jihoon wanted. At first, it was just an ordinary park but when the sky went dark, people started to gather at the middle of the quadrangle. Jihoon pulled Jeonghan in the middle of the crowd and sat on the grass with all their food and drinks. Though, Jihoon was the only one who’d drink a beer because Jeonghan was traumatized on what he did to Mingyu the last time he was drunk. So, he ordered a tea instead.

 

        Then they saw people setting up a big with fabric in front, together with a projector and an enormous speaker. Later on, people started to crowd around the place. Mini stalls, even a food truck stall gathered along the highway. After a few while, the film started to roll. They were old films.

 

        Jeonghan was surprised that there were actually an event like that. Nevertheless, he focused on the film, as well as, Jihoon. They are together and Jeonghan automatically feed his baby monster. Then later on, Jeonghan felt sleepy that he laid his body on Jihoon’s lap while watching.

 

Jihoon:

Don’t lay down. How can you see the film?

Aren’t you interested?

 

Jeonghan:

I am. It’s just that my eyes were getting heavy.

I’ll watch you instead.

Hoonie~ wake me up after 10 minutes. I’ll just take a nap.

(He smiled)

 

        Jihoon was still focused, but that time, he preferred watching a still angel who was lying on his lap, sleeping beautifully. It was more entertaining than watching an old film, besides, it’s also interactive. Woozi smiled softly and started playing on Jeonghan’s hair. Some time later, he brushed his soft fingers lightly onto Jeonghan’s facial features.

 

Jihoon:

(In his mind)

If you are a movie, I can’t stop watching you.

I will never get used on watching you- again and again.

I love you.

(He said with his sincere soft voice)

 

        Well, Jihoon was very strict at time, although, he wanted to look at him for a longer time, he made his promise. Jihoon gently tapped his sleeping angel at exactly 10 minutes.

 

Jihoon:

Time’s up there Pabo Cheonsa.

Wake up!

 

Jeonghan:

Hmmmm?

(With a lazy voice as he was to sit up)

I’m hungry

 

        Jihoon smirked and fixed his angel’s messy hair.

 

Jihoon:

Hyung,

(Still fixing his hair.)

How can you be hungry when you just ate before you sleep?

 

Jeonghan:

I’m really hungry Jihoonie~

(He smiled while teasing his serial killer with his tickling.)

 

Jihoon:

Stop!

(Stood up and helped Jeonghan to stand)

There’s food park here at night.

Eat everything you want.

 

Jeonghan:

Let’s go!

(He said excitedly.)

 

        While Jeonghan shopped for their food, Jihoon sat still on their spot and let his angel choose their food. On the other hand, Jeonghan noticed some unusual neighbourhood lying on the grass alone. He came near the guy and tried to talk to him.

 

Jeonghan:

Jackson-hyung~

(He whispered)

 

        Jackson was startled because someone was interrupting his meditation. He thought no one would recognize him in the dark with his black cap. He tried to hide his face and spoke with a serious tone.

 

Jackson:

I’m sorry, you must be mistaken.

(He thought that it was a fan around the area.)

 

        Later on, Jeonghan giggled and forced to take Jackson’s cap off.

 

Jeonghan:

Hyung! It’s me Jeonghan.

(He giggled sweetly)

 

        Jackson, who was not a jolly and very persistent alien that time, was wearing a sad face instead. Jeonghan was surprised. It was his first time he saw Jackson in his serious and not-in-the-mood face.

 

Jeonghan:

Oh~ Did I disturb you?

(With his beautiful big eyes wide open)

 

Jackson:

Ah-

(He blushed because his heart fluttered, and at the same time he was embarrassed to show his serious face to his one and only honey)

Ah, no. not at all!

(He panicked)

 

Jeonghan:

You have problem?

 

Jackson:

No.

(He forced a smile to convince the angel that he’s fine; however, the angel was convinced that he had some problem because of the smile he forced on his face.)

I’m just resting. How are you honey?

It’s been a long time!

 

        Jackson tried to be his old self but he couldn’t. No matter how wide his smile was, his eyes were really sad to the point that Jeonghan could see that he was depressed by something.

 

The jolly and always inspired young man had troubles with his own company in terms of his career. There were some things that his company did not agree with his decision, and now he was feeling lonely and stressed.

 

Jeonghan:

I’m just all right.

(He smiled)

If you want someone to talk to, I’m always here for you, hyung.

 

Jackson:

(He smiled gently)

Thank you.

It’s nothing. I just need to think of something.

That’s all.

(He didn’t want to drag Jeonghan in his problems because he knew he have something to deal with his own too.)

You have someone with you?

I know your members won’t let you go alone, especially at night.

 

Jeonghan:

Yeah. I’m with Jihoonie~

Wanna join us?

 

Jackson:

With him only?

 

Jeonghan:

Yeah. We’re supposed to have our date today, hyung.

 

Jackson:

Wow! They’re very lucky!

I want to date you too!

 

Jeonghan:

Let’s eat out sometimes. Just give me a call.

(He smiled)

 

Jackson:

I will.

(He stood up and reached the angel’s hand and help him stand too.)

Can I interrupt your date for a while?

I’ll leave immediately. I’m waiting for someone.

(He giggled)

 

Jeonghan:

Alright.

Hyung, can you help me bring all I ordered to our table?

I’m waiting for the others to cook.

 

Jackson:

I think you buy a lot.

(He smiled)

 

Jeonghan:

Ummm… maybe I predicted that someone will be joining us today.

 

Jackson:

You detected my love, baby?

(Again, he tried to be his usual self)

 

Jeonghan:

Hyung, you don’t have to force yourself. If you’re sad, it’s okay to show it to your friends and of course, I am one of them, right?

 

Jackson:

You are more than a friend to me.

(They both giggled)

 

Jeonghan:

Then, I expect you to be comfortable with me.

 

Jackson:

I always am, Jeonghanie~

It’s like a drama, you know. If you love somebody, you keep everything from that person, in order not to hurt him/ her, right?

 

Jeonghan:

(The detective Jeonghan finally confirmed that his sadness was not just about his tired body but it was something deeper.)

So, you are sad and it hurts?

That’s why you are here?

 

Jackson:

(Flustered)

No.

(He gulped)

 

Jeonghan:

It’s okay, hyung.

Tell me when you are ready.

I’m always here for you.

 

Jackson:

And I’m always here for you too.

 

        One moment, the regular human being Jackson noticed that he’s gotten thinner than the last time he saw him. He looked at him carefully and touched his face softly. Even though, they were in the dark, he could still clearly see how beautiful, the now thinner, Jeonghan is.

 

Jackson:

You’re getting thinner, Jeonghan-ah.

(He became concerned as he remembered what he had witnessed before.)

Are you okay?

 

Jeonghan:

Fine as ever, hyung!

Don’t worry.

Maybe it’s just our busy schedule.

 

Jackson:

I hope that’s the reason, Jeonghan.

Take care of yourself.

 

        Jackson displayed a different and brand new Jackson, Jeonghan had never seen before. He was a more mature, serious, and loving hyung. Jeonghan was surprised because he, again, discovered another personality of Jackson. A deeper and real Jackson.

 

Jeonghan:

I will, thank you. And there are 12 boys who are looking after me.

Don’t worry.

(He winked)

So… let’s eat now?

 

        The two fetched some of their food from different stalls. Surprisingly, Jeonghan bought as many as their hands couldn’t carry. Meanwhile, Jihoon, besides of being surprised by the food they were bringing on their table, he also noticed Jackson, not because he’s irritating, but he’s different.

 

Jackson:

(Greeted him gently)

Good evening, Jihoon!

Can I interrupt on your date for a while?

 

Jeonghan:

Hoonie, I invited hyung to join us.

 

Jihoon:

(Mesmerized with Jackson’s gentleman side.)

Ah-y-yeah sure.

(He was dumbfounded)

 

Jackson:

Thanks!

I’m just waiting for hyung.

(He chuckled)

 

Jeonghan:

Who?

 

Jackson:

Amber hyung!

(He laughed so hard that the sebongs did not understand.)

 

Jeonghan & Jihoon:

Amber hyung?

 

Jackson:
(He couldn’t get over with his joke, and he was still laughing.)

Yeah!

You don’t know her?

He- I mean she’s Amber from Fx

 

Jeonghan:

Hyung?

She’s a beautiful lady, hyung! Don’t call her that.

(He giggled)

 

Jackson:

You are more beautiful, my baby.

 

Jihoon:

(He sighed)

Aigoo!

 

Jeonghan:

Why do you call her your hyung?

 

Jackson:

She’s manlier and mature than I am.

I treat her as my sibling, Hanie.

And I treat you as my wife.

 

        Jihoon was cringing because of Jackson’s silly half meant –sincere- jokes.

 

Jihoon:

Just eat hyung!

Tsk!

 

        When Jackson felt that he was really interrupting them, he kept his mouth shut, while eating with the two cutest creatures. Jihoon felt that he had offended the hyung beside him.

 

Jihoon:

Hyung, did I offend you?

I’m sorry.

 

Jackson:

Oh, no!

Hahahaha! Please don’t apologize. I should be the one apologizing to you guys because I am ruining your date.

(He smiled)

 

Jihoon:

No. its fine.

Besides…

(Looked at how full their table was with food.)

We cannot eat all of these.

(Looked at Jeonghan)

Hyung, why did you buy so plenty when you can’t eat all of them?

 

Jeonghan:

I just want to have a taste.

(He giggled)

Eat more, Jihoonie, and hyung~

It’s all for you.

(He smiled with twinkling eyes)

 

Jihoon:

(With a serious tone)

No appetite again?

 

Jeonghan:

(Got caught, but he lied anyway.)

No, Jihoonie~ I think I’m already full.

 

Jackson:

But I only saw you eat with three spoonful of food.

(He was worried too.)

 

Jeonghan:

Later, I’ll eat. Don’t worry.

Excuse me. I have to go to the bathroom.

 

Jihoon:

You want me to go with you?

 

Jeonghan:

No need. Be right back.

(With a wink)

 

Jihoon:

Call me.

 

Jeonghan:

The bathroom is just right there, Hoonie~ I will not be lost.

You’re so adorable. You worry a lot.

 

Jihoon:

(He whispered)

How can I not?

 

        When Jeonghan had gone to the bathroom, the two boys became silent. Jackson wanted to know his real situation, so he didn’t wait any longer and asked Woozi immediately.

 

Jackson:

Is he alright?

 

Jihoon:

I don’t know, hyung.

 

Jackson:

He is really sick, then.

(He looked at Woozi with a serious concerned face.)

 

Jihoon:

Just ask him.

 

Jackson:

So, he really is.

Is it bad?

 

Jihoon:

(He stopped eating)

It is horrible.

(With a sad tone)

 

Jackson:

(Put down his chopsticks)

I see.

It’s hard for all of you.

I hope he gets well soon.

He deserved all the best in the world. He’s a beautiful person.

 

Jihoon:

(He sighed deeply)

He is… I hope so too.

(Get back to eating when he saw Jeonghan walking towards them.)

 

Jackson:

(He was surprised that Jihoon was extremely sad about it and asked one last more question before Jeonghan arrived.)

Why? Does it have no c-cure?

 

Jihoon:

Not yet.

 

Jackson:

(With a big eyes)

Then he still gets blind and- and- how about the attack?

 

Jihoon:

(He was more surprised that Jackson knew that much)

How did you-

 

Jackson:

His blindness occurred in our collaboration last time… and on our last date. He cannot see me when I left. I stayed beside the window with him for a while but…

 

Jihoon:

I see.

 

Jackson:

And his attacks?

I heard a news when I am in China. I brought the herbal goods for him… is that another blindness too? Or- is it the… (He was thinking of the heart attack he had from the last time they performed)

(He became breathless and speechless when Jeonghan called them and he was just a few steps away.)

 

Jihoon:

Keep it a secret.

 

        Jackson nodded.

 

Jeonghan:

(He arrived)

I’m back.

 

Jihoon:

Eat now.

 

Jeonghan:

I cannot yet.

 

Jihoon:

(Hand Jeonghan his hanky)

Wipe your mouth.

Eat later when your stomach is ready.

I won’t let you sleep tonight without you eating your dinner.

(Meaning, he assumed that he went to the comfort room because he throw up.)

 

Jeonghan:

(He was surprised)

O-oh yeah, sure!

Thank you.

 

        Jackson and Jihoon tried to act normal and entertaining, but because they were distracted, it looked awkward.

 

Jeonghan:

(He was estranged)

What happened to you both?

 

        Jackson acted like it was nothing, but Jihoon was very awkward and he couldn’t keep his face from blushing. Later on, someone called Jackson, while Jackson looked like he was searching and waved his hand to call that person. Jackson introduced Amber to them and the two cuties bowed and greeted her with all respect.

 

Amber:

Hi!

I’m sorry if Jackson interrupted your beautiful night out.

 

Jackson:

I did nothing wrong, Noona!

 

        Jeonghan and Jihoon thought that Amber was a really cool Noona and they envied Jackson for having her all by his side. She really looked like she would take good care of you; even though, she’s more swag than the both of them.

 

Jeonghan:

Nice meeting you, Noona. Please help yourself.

We have a lot of food.

(He smiled)

 

Amber:

Thank you. You’re really kind.

And please start ignoring Jackson from now on because he’s a pain in the .

(She said coolly)

 

Jeonghan:

Oh, he’s a really good man, noona.

(He giggled)

 

Amber:

(Observed Jihoon’s No-Reaction face.)

Woozi doesn’t agree with you, though.

(She teased)

 

Jihoon:
(He was flustered)

I didn’t say anything, noona.

(He blushed)

 

Amber:

You are quiet.

(She giggled)

I know what you feel. Jackson is really an extra.

Thank you for having so much patience on him.

 

Jackson:

What did I do wrong to you, noona?!

(He protest)

 

Amber:

Everything!

Just sit down and eat. We’ll talk later.

(With a serious tone)

 

        Then, the two really confirmed that there was something going on with Jackson, but they let them initiate the talk. And if they did not, they would stay quiet. The four had a little talk before parting ways.

 

Amber:

Nice to meet you two.

I had fun tonight. ‘Til next time.

(She smiled sweetly and Jackson noticed)

 

Jackson:

Noona, you never do that to me.

(Pouted his lips)

 

Amber:

Don’t be childish! Tsk!

(She scolded him in front of her Dongsaengs)

I don’t have a reason to do that to you. Excuse me!

(Then she looked back at Jeonghan)

Thank you again.

Call me if you need someone to talk to. I’m very willing to join your company.

See you!

 

Jeonghan:

Let’s exchange numbers then!

(He initiated)

 

        Jihoon was so surprised that Jeonghan was the one who initiated to get her number. But he was relieved because he wanted her number too. They both enjoyed a loving swag noona’s company because she thinks maturely, freely and independently. She’s open minded and considerate unlike the others. Or maybe, she understands them well, since she has more guy friends.

 

Amber:

(Dialled her number on Jeonghan’s phone to get his number)

Okay. Got it!

Just contact me anytime, especially when you eat or drink!

(She laughed whole heartedly.)

 

Jackson:

And me?

 

Amber:

I will not go with you.

()

Anyway. We’re going now.

 

Jackson:

Let’s date, honey. I’ll contact you.

I’ll make sure everything is smooth by that time.

(He remembered the embarrassment he faced with their previous date without his wallet.)

 

Jeonghan:

Okay. I’ll be waiting.

Take care!

Call me anytime too!

(He smiled sweetly)

 

Amber:

(She waved her hand coolly)

Bye!

Aigoo~

(He looked at Jackson)

Ya, he has the sweetest smile I’ve ever seen. He’s really amazing!

Don’t go near him anymore. You’re gonna ruin him.

(She threatened)

 

Jackson:

(He whined)

Why?

 

Amber:

(Looked at him with her electrifying glare)

Don’t contaminate his personality with your nonsense.

I wonder if someone had already confessed her or maybe his love for him. He’s really pretty and nice.

 

Jackson:

I was planning on confessing to him soon. Actually, I confess to him every time we meet.

(He giggled)

And…

He’s prettier than you.

(He added to .)

 

        Too bad, Amber gave him a strong hit in his head, but she somehow agreed and felt intimidated with his sweet smile.

 

Jackson:

That hurts!

 

Amber:

Shut your mouth or I’ll stitch that foul mouth of yours!

 

Jackson:

What did I say wrong?

(With his uneven brows)

 

        Amber didn’t talk anymore.

 

On the other hand, Jihoon and Jeonghan were left alone again.

 

Jeonghan:

Woozi, sorry… I’ll go on a date with you again.

But… do you have somewhere you wish to go this night? I want to go to another place but I don’t know where.

 

Jihoon:

Ummm…

Arcade, maybe?

 

Jeonghan:

That’s a good idea!

 

        Jeonghan dragged the cutie pie behind him to the nearest arcade and played there until they got tired. Meanwhile, upon resting on a bench, Jihoon was focused on the photo booth. Jeonghan noticed that he was staring at the small photo studio the whole time.

 

Jeonghan:

You wanna take a picture?

 

Jihoon:

Hmmm?

(He was bugged by something)

 

Jeonghan:

Let’s go and take some pictures!

 

        Poor Jihoonie, being dragged again by his careless date. Then in one… two… three and click! Jeonghan posed as many as he could; however, Jihoon as usual, posed like 3-5 same poses in almost every shot. When Jeonghan looked at the pictures, he was not satisfied and asked Jihoon to repeat their photos. He even scolded the poor genius because of his poor poses.

 

Jeonghan:

Ya! You should have projected more! Or at least do cute poses!

 

Jihoon:

You know I can’t do that, hyung.

 

Jeonghan:

Then, please smile big. That’s the least you can do.

 

        Jihoon sighed and he couldn’t escape his persistent hyung’s request. Once again, they entered the mini studio and did some posing again. Later on, Jeonghan forced Jihoon to smile or even laugh by tickling him.

 

        Jeonghan was enjoying poking at Jihoon’s waist when Jihoon looked at Jeonghan’s face seriously.

 

In the first set shots, Woozi wore a serious staring face at Jeonghan’s naughty one. By then, Jeonghan demanded another photo and he kept on scolding the worried cutie beside him.

 

Jeonghan:

We will not go out here until we make a good photo together!

(He demanded)

 

        Jihoon remained quiet focusing on Jeonghan’s thin and weak face; although, he wore a very jolly face with his healthy genuine smile.

 

First flash came, and jihoon kissed Jeonghan’s cheeks leaving his first attack. The second flash came, and he went swiftly down to capture Jeonghan’s still lips, trapping his lower lip for several seconds, and then, he pulled it slowly, giving him his final attack. The serial killer finally left a mark, a signature. That was a sure kill without showing a remorse. Jihoon was deadly. Indeed deadly!

 

Those scenes were perfectly shot with Jeonghan’s surprised face. While Jeonghan was frozen, he whispered on Jeonghan’s ears softly. Despite the gentleness of Jihoon’s voice, the content of his words were threatening.  

 

Jihoon:

It doesn’t matter how much or how least you love me.

I will not falter to show my love for you. Not anymore.

I will take all the chances, so beware.

(He said with a serious tone.)

 

        Jeonghan momentarily stopped, but in a matter of a minute he smirked.

 

Jeonghan:

Jihoonie…

(He whispered ily.)

Are you not worried if somebody sees our pictures outside?

You silly!

You’re getting unorganized, my Jihoonie.

(Looked at Jihoon’s lips close to his eyes.)

FBI will come and get you soon.

(Got into his character again.)

 

 Jeonghan too would never lose. He promised himself to never lose with the game of his life. Every minute and chances were important. From that on, he promised to love them and show them all he got.

 

        On the other hand, Jihoon was surprised with Jeonghan’s statement, but he got a witty answer.

 

Jihoon:

Then come and get me.

 

Jeonghan:

You’re getting confident and bold, my naughty Jihoon.

 

Jihoon:

You are more confident than I am.

I guess you’ve caught a lot of criminals already. (Pertaining to the members)

I might kill you the second time, agent.

Beware.

(He threatened with a smile)