nine

Wheelchair Misfit
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I heard my door knocked nearing midnight. I wasn’t expecting anyone and I certainly didn’t expect the person waiting behind the door come barging into the room angrily. She looked at me and I could tell she was furious. I knew she demanded explanations. Sadly, I had to disappoint her, considering I didn’t have any.

“What the hell, Jeon Jungkook?” She whispered harshly.

I pulled her into my compartment and heaved a deep sigh.

“Are you not going to answer me?” Her voice was slightly raised.

“Kira, slow down. My other roommates will hear you,” I replied while taking a seat on my bed.

“I don’t give a what they feel unless you tell me what’s bothering you because I’m not accepting this hostility.”

She meant serious business when she starts cursing. I couldn’t fight back any longer.

“I think you and hyung are a mistake. That’s what’s bothering me. You may fight me and deny it but if you want to know my thoughts on it, that’s what I think.”

“I don’t want to hear your thoughts, Jung. I want to know how you feel. Why is it that you are feeling this way?”

I looked at her. She was frowning but there was still some tinge of genuine curiosity. I stood up and stood in front of her, close towards her. We were only an inch away from each other and she took a step back, hesitating.

“This is why,” I breathed out. “Because things changed.”

She gave me a puzzled frown. I chuckled. “Usually, you wouldn’t take a step back if I got close towards you, Kira. Now, you do.”

“That doesn’t mean anything,” she said slowly.

“It means everything to me!” I exclaimed, shocking her. “I was the only one in your life that could make you feel safe with that distance. Not any other guy. And now, he comes into the picture and offers you that safety that I provided for you – took years to build – and he manages to do that within days?! Now, you’re taking a step back from me, the person who taught you to trust and not be afraid? Yes, I’m selfish and possessive. Forgive me for being so because I love my best friend to the point that I don’t think I can see her with another guy!”

She was appalled. She had no words. I collected my breath and sat down on my bed once again, trying to regain a steady breathing. This was all messed up.

She kneeled in front of me, placing both

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter