fifteen

Wheelchair Misfit
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day, I met with Bella at around 11 AM to start our wedding dress hunting. She narrowed down some of the wedding boutiques she wanted to go and we went with one car. She managed to let me forget about what had happened last night. I couldn’t thank her more for that. Seeing Bella try dress after dress made me think that she looked almost good in all. It didn’t matter too much about the dress. It was more about making the relationship legal. Their wedding would be in two months. There was a lot to do.

After narrowing down the dresses she wanted to her top 3, she decided to find a dress for me and the bridesmaids. The wedding was themed off white and floral. Bella had a thing for simplicity so she didn’t want to make it seem too over the top. She made me try from one dress to another dress in different shops till I was exhausted of stripping myself over and over again to put on something new.

“Can’t we just agree on something? Please?” I whined when it was the twelfth dress I’d tried on.

“Okay, I’ve narrowed down what I want as my top 3 as well so we can decide on this later,” she said as she scribbled down in her notepad.

“Can we go eat now?” I asked through my fitting room.

“Sure, sure! Ugh, you only think of your tummy.”

I laughed at her remark. Once we were done, we went to one of the cafes along the street. We were both famished but Bella was too egotistical to admit it then because she was on a strict diet for her wedding. Because if she admitted it, she would go all out on the food and that was something she could not afford to do since her wedding is approaching.

Once we settled in the café, my phone rang and I sort of jumped looking at the caller ID. I answered with a calm ‘hello,’ the caller not knowing I was trying hard to hide my nervousness.

“Hey, baby,” he cooed on the other line.

I chuckled while butterflies were in my stomach. “Hey, you,” I cooed back.

“Can we meet later?”

“Of course. We planned on meeting, anyway, right?”

“Yeah. Just want to set the time.”

“Okay. I could meet you after this at our café. After my lunch with Bella is done.”

“Okay sure. I’ll be waiting.”

“See you.” I ended the call with a smile.

“If I’d known better, I’d say you are in love,” Bella pointed out.

I sighed. “Whatever.”

“So, what’s the deal with Jungkook?”

I looked up to her with a frown. “How’d you know I met with Jungkook?”

“V told me.”

“Jungkook told him.”

She nodded.

I sighed. I didn’t want to talk about it.

“Were you even planning on telling me?”

“Of course I was, Bella but I didn’t think it was such a big deal.”

“It wasn’t a big deal?” She repeated. “You met with him after how many years of not speaking to one another and before I knew it, you guys are friends again now? Are you sure you want to indulge in that again?”

“He’s sick, Bella. It’s the least I could do.”

“What if he’s not? You would still be friends again, right? After what he did to you?”

I sighed in frustration. She was speaking the truth. There was no point denying it.

“Kira, I just don’t want to see you hurt again. Yoongi has been nothing but so great to you. He would never do something like that to you.”

“I know. But this time, I know what to do. It was him avoiding me. He was afraid of his own feelings. Now, he’s got to be a man and face the music. I don’t want another sudden outburst from him telling me that he doesn’t like what he sees because he doesn’t have a right. It’s my life. I’ll do what I want with it.”

Bella nodded in agreement. “I’m glad you think that way.”

When our food arrived, we talked about something else – something that had nothing to do with Jungkook or Yoongi or any of the boys and that made me relieved. I had too much in my head at the moment anyway.

;

I’d already sat down at a table when I saw Kira come in, scanning the crowd for my face. Once she noticed me, she greeted me with a wide grin. I’d missed her. Heck, I miss her all the time, it’s insane. She ran towards me and hugged me as if we hadn’t met in such a long time. I guess the feeling was mutual. We missed each other a lot. Especially after the phone call yesterday. She pulled away from me and my cheek, leaving me blushing again.

“Let’s talk,” she said.

And I knew what she wanted to talk about. This was good because I had a few things to address to her as well – and undoubtedly, I had to break it down to her with a heavy heart.

After ordering, she just looked at me with a nervous sigh, as I waited for her to utter her words first. I wanted to know what she thought about the videos and I knew she had a lot to say, anyway.

“Yoongi, after listening to the videos, I… I just want to say that I understand your position now. I won’t say that I understand how you’re feeling because I don’t. I don’t know what it feels to lose a family member. And I’m thankful and grateful that you opened up to me. I’m sorry for your family and for you. And please, please, don’t blame yourself. It’s not your fault at all. I don’t want you living under this cloud of regret that will constantly shadow the sun from shining down on you. You deserve happiness. I’m sure she’d want that for you.”

I smiled. “I know. Thank you for taking the time to listen.”

“Of course.”

“Now, about the second video…”

“Yoongi, I –“

“Let me just talk about it first,” I interrupted. “I want you to know that I truly love you, Kira. Too much. Too much to the point that I want to be selfish and own you to myself and claim you as my own only but… I can’t. Not when you’re still unsettled with him. I don’t want him shadowing your thoughts. You have no idea how I feel about this but I need to do this for you and for him.”

“Do what?” She asked with a frown.

I hesitated before I could form the words.

“I need to let you go for him.”

The words came out as a whisper but it was loud enough for her to hear. She pulled back from the table and gave me a shocked and disappointed look that I never liked seeing her have especially since it’s because of me.

“No,” she said.

“Listen to me, Kira – “

“No, no! You don’t get to treat me like I’m a pawn for trade. You’re letting me go just so I could be with him? No! You don’t get to decide that!” Her voice was raising.

“Kira, he confessed to you about his feelings. I’m sure you still have the same feelings for him right now. Tell me I’m wrong.”

“I…” she covered to avoid her sobs from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter