six

Wheelchair Misfit
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There are times that I suddenly don’t hear from Jungkook for a long time. Those are the times where I know he needs time to himself. Usually, I would give him 3 days max to ignore me completely. On that particular Sunday, he didn’t show up. I didn’t bother to text or call him because knowing him, he wouldn’t be talking about it on the phone. He’d shrug it off and not bother about it. I, on the other hand, worry too much and I have a high level of curiosity.

So, I decided to give Taehyung a call. His wingman would always know what was going on.

“Let me guess,” he answered the phone.

“Oh, come on, V. You know what this is about. Where is he? How is he? What happened?”

V sighed. “Well, his family happened.”

I immediately knew what that meant. “Where is he?”

“Beats me. He never tells me where he goes to. Surely, he’ll answer to you. Just give him a call. He needs it.”

“Thanks, Tae.”

I hung up and gave Jungkook a call.

Once he answered, he gave me a location. He knew. And without hesitation, I made my way to where he always finds solace – the dance studio.

He was by the piano when I walked in. He just gave me a look when I came in. No form of greetings whatsoever. He was randomly playing the piano with no sense of melody or harmony at all. I sat down next to him on the piano chair, remaining a small gap between us but he closed it when he laid his head on mine.

“I miss you,” he said softly.

I scoffed. “You think? A week’s gone by. A lot has happened, you know?”

“I’m sorry. I was trying to figure things out.”

“V told me it’s about your family.”

He stayed silent.

“Are you better?”

He shrugged.

We sat in a comfortable silence with his head still on my shoulder. I placed mine on his and we shared the silence together, enveloping us as one.

“Sing me something, Kira,” he finally said.

I laughed wholeheartedly. “You know I can’t sing.”

“That’s what I find comfort in.”

“How about you sing something? Just let your frustrations go.”

He lifted his head and looked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter