three

Wheelchair Misfit
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I’ve never imagined the day I would actually catch Jungkook shagging with my very own eyes. I did laugh in the beginning but as I sat down on his roommate’s bed, I felt an overwhelming sadness. Or maybe it’s disappointment? As I pondered over the situation, the annoying sounds of Elle in the back distracted my thoughts. So I snuck out again, and assuming Jungkook didn’t see me, I texted him saying that I’ll be at the emergency staircase. I just needed a quiet place to get my mind straight.

Obviously, I should get used to the fact that Jungkook has and will always be as he is – casually changing girlfriends every now and then just so he could shag. And I think I’ve grown used to it but you know what they say, you’re never fully prepared until it hits you in the face. Just like how I saw him getting it on with Elle. I don’t expect him to change in a blink of an eye where he receives a sudden realisation that what he was doing is wrong. Maybe I just expected him to know better.

I respect Jungkook with the fact that he respects me having boundaries with myself. Yes, I’ve never once made out or shagged a person. I was just raised that way. And the past made me who I am. Experiences made me who I am. And there are experiences that I don’t want any repetition. But all in all, I’ve become who I am because of how my mother raised me and what life taught me.

I heard the door open behind me and I see Jungkook come in, fully clothed. He sat next to me and cleared his throat, obviously trying to clear the awkwardness of the previous situation that we experienced.

“Has she left?” I asked, still trying hard to hide my laugh.

He nodded. “She said my room is a pigsty, so she doesn’t want to stay when I had no intention of wanting her to stay.”

I laughed. “Well, she’s confident of herself, you’ve got to give her that.”

He chuckled. “Look, Kira…”

He looked at me with apologetic eyes but a brief moment after that, his eyes went to my hair and he frowned. “Did you dye your hair purple?”

I made a face. “That wasn’t the point you were trying to make.”

“I know, I know, but… purple?”

“First of all, it’s burgundy and since my hair is too much of a bush, you can’t really see the colour.”

“It’s quite prominent if you really pay attention to it.”

“It’s funny how you divert the subject at hand to my hair. Now, what was it that you wanted to say?”

He gave a small smile. “Look, I’m sorry you had to see that. I mean, I didn’t want you to see that. You caught me off guard.”

I shrugged. “It was bound to happen, Jung. There will be some point in our lives that I will catch you shag, anyway.”

“Are we really making this a topic right now?” He seemed uncomfortable but I was having fun.

“I mean, seeing Elle riding you – damn son, just the perfect moment to see. I mean, I got to see the both of you -!”

“Okay, that’s enough!” Jung started tickling me.

“Okay! I give in!” I surrendered to his deathly tickles.

He got up, lending his hand so I’d take it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter