seventeen

Wheelchair Misfit
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So I was going to be a married woman in a number of days. Apparently, it was imperative that we had the solemnisation done as quickly as possible. But I understood. We didn’t have the luxury of time. We were running out of it. I knew it was Jungkook’s idea and everyone agreed anyway, including me. We just didn’t verbalise the reason behind it because deep inside, everyone knew why – and it was a truth, a reality that will soon to come that nobody will be prepared for.

We only had a week to prepare and it was hassling. I barely had time to invite a lot of people, just closed ones. I didn’t even have time to explain to the ones I invited on how this was so sudden but eventually, they understood by themselves. During that whole week, I didn’t even have time to meet with Jungkook. We were both too busy with the setup and all. We only had time to meet during the solemnisation itself.

And the day came.

I had never been so nervous in my life about something. I was dressed in a white dress (duh) that was previously my sister’s. We were pretty much of the same size, thank God. I got my hair and nails done, painting it with a sort of light pink tone and my best friend did my makeup for me – it was all perfect. At least, I thought it was even if it was just a small crowd. I loved it. I loved everything about it – from the decorations to the people and especially to the one on my left, sitting with me at the banquet table, smiling and laughing while conversing with people – I was in love all over again. I came to a realisation that I was indeed very much in love.

I remembered walking down the aisle and it was true that all you would see was the person you would spend your life with. I stared at him, amazed at how breathless he made me feel in his tux, and his hair just the way I liked it. He knew that. I smiled – didn’t even bother to hide it – and he returned it because he knew what I was smiling about. I stood beside him and he reached for my hand and we held it for as long as we could. I felt at home.

When the pastor announced that he could kiss me, my heart jumped. I was unprepared. My first kiss with my best friend which was my official husband. I bent down in front of him and chuckled nervously as the crowd joined in the chuckle, trying to make the situation less tense. I leaned towards him and our lips connected.

And, oh… I think that was what heaven would feel like. I knew that I would be wanting more of him, to be able to explore him in many different ways that I could because, indeed, I was in love and I wanted to explore our love.

All throughout, I wheeled Jungkook around the hall to meet with people. Sometimes, he’d wheel himself but when I saw him having some slight difficulties in breathing, I immediately took the wheel. He insisted on me not pushing his wheelchair around but I didn’t listen. At one point, he stopped arguing and let me do what I wanted to do. I couldn’t watch him suffer. Not while I was around.

My favourite part of the wedding was when we had our dance. We were very lost at how we should wor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter