seven

Wheelchair Misfit
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I never really liked it when Kira started talking about the future. She was a realist and she’s always been the one bringing us back into reality, saying how things are and would be. Not to mention, she’s also futuristic. Maybe that’s what made her so mature. I’ve always been one who doesn’t think of consequences. I live in the moment. I do think but it doesn’t hinder me from doing what I love.

Travelling the world had always been a thing that I’ve wanted to achieve. If not every corner of the world, at least the major cities. I’ve always told Kira how I wanted to be a famous singer and travel the world for shooting and tour. That way, I could explore. The adventures I’ll get and the amount of experiences – it gives me a sense of accomplishment.

When I told Kira of this, she’d often smile and say that I should chase my dreams. Come with me, I’d say. But she would only shrug. She’s comfortable being in Seoul. Travelling had always been some kind of a hassle for her. She loved being where she was.

She’s not an adrenaline junkie. She’s not an active person. Asking her to join me for a jog and her actually wanting to jog would take a miracle to happen. But she does make a good cheerleader. She’d be there for you to cheer you on just to avoid being a part of that. What I see is that Kira is afraid to be a part of something big. Too comfortable, maybe. But who am I to change her? I’m still her best friend and I still accept her how she is.

But somehow, when she speaks of the future of us not being able to be how we were, it scared me. How was I to live without her? Who was going to offer me her shoulder when I was down? Who was going to deal with my crappy thoughts without being judgmental? Who was going to ruffle my hair when I needed to wake up?

And I realised how all of these were going to be replaced by someone whom I was going to call my wife someday – little did she know that I wanted it to be her. Slowly I found myself wanting that future of us together. But she couldn't know. 

Not yet.

*

The trip to Japan came sooner than I thought and I was beyond excited for it. Finally, some time off that I could focus on myself and my friends. Wish Kira could join, though. But her mum’s strict. The things that she does in college was done in secret and I, as a trustworthy and a supportive best friend, encouraged her to do so with me.

When I told the guys that I wanted to bring Kira along, they had a silent disagreement and I noticed it.

“You know, you can just say it when you don’t want me to bring her along. It’s not that she could, anyway,” I muttered when we were loading the van to head for the airport.

“Nah, man. We just thought of making this a bro trip. Even V didn’t invite Bella,” Suga explained.

I chuckled. “Exactly why I said you guys should’ve just said it.”

“Look, we like Kira. Especially, me. She’s the best, mate. But there are some things that she doesn’t need to get involved in. and I’m pretty sure that when you asked her, she said you needed to spend time with us, right?” Suga said.

I nodded.

“There? She understands us. It’s you who’s daft and slow to get that through your head,” Suga joked.

I punched him slightly and got into the van.

The adventure began.

;

Mid-semester break flew by so fast. I was caught up in all that was happening at home. My sister was getting married. During the break, I was involved in the engagement. Since my family is reserved, there were very few who knew about it. I didn’t tell Jungkook of it just yet. I’ll tell him when we’re exchanging stories about how we spent our break. I’m pretty sure that he has a lot to tell me about Japan.

The plan of 3 days trip

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter