008

Marked
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Baekhyun slammed the door shut after forcefully making Chanyeol leave. He wasn't fond of the boy and now with the tea incident his anger towards him couldn't help but grow. 

He walked towards the stairs to go to his room only to stop in front of his mother's office door. He could see from the cracks in the door that the lights were on. Curiousity led him to knock on the door with a light knock. He found his mom surrounded by paperwork that he assumed was from the company. 

His mother looked up at him and placed her pen down motioning a hand to tell him to sit across from her. Listening to the unspoken directions he took a seat as she looked at him as she waited to hear the questions Beakhyun held. 

"Why is it a touchy subject?" Baekhyun questioned before his brain allowed him to stop.

"I mean I get we're family rivals because we're two of the biggest companies in Korea but-" Baekhyun rambled on making his mother raise an eyebrow at him. 

"Well think about it." She said as she placed her hands folded across her desk. 

"If we're both the biggest companies in Korea and both trying to expand and trying to out do eachother, as we have been for the past twenty years." She said as she unfolded her hands bringing one to the left side of the desk and the other to the right as if trying to make a visual representation of the companies. 

"Think about having the two heirs who have learned to compete against each other since they were young, about to merge the companies together. Yes, in someway it's beneficial but people might suspect it as a tatic to gain power." She finished as Baekhyun looked at her skeptical. 

Baekhyun knew this was only the partial reasoning behind everything. There was a bigger reason, and he wanted to find out why, his mother wouldn't just mention not to tell Chanyeol's parents. If anything she'd tell him to mention it so she can watch the after events unfold. 

"And the real reason?" Baekhyun said as he lifted his leg to rest over his other one as he waited for the answer.

"Your father and I aren't soulmates." She stated simply after a few moments of silence. 

"Yes I know this but you love each other greatly so it doesn't matter." Baekhyun said as this was the reasoning his parents had given him when he asked at a younger age. 

"Yes, but your father found his soulmate." She said as she leaned back into her seat her eyes moving from Baekhyun's to the papers on her desk. 

Baekhyun looked at her stunned. This was a piece of information he hadn't known and he felt like he was just shot. He didn't know how to feel as he scanned his mother's face for any emotions she could have. He couldn't put his finger on what she was feeling as she was always hard to read. 

"Chanyeol's mother, to be more specific." She finished finally meeting his eyes with a hard look. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter