001

Marked
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Baekhyun's attention was directed towards his wrist as he slid the coffee cup back and forth between his hands watching as droplets fell against the wodden table. His girlfriend's words of gossip on her friends new boyfriend turned into background noise. He sat up into his chair trying to grasp his attention back on the girl’s words in front of him only for his attention to zone back onto his wrist. 

Everyone's stripe represent someone else. The person you were destined to be with and it was 'fate' for you to find them. He hated the idea that the color on his wrist indicted who was 'meant for him.' 

 Baekhyun’s wrist held a small brown stripe that had lighter contrasts in it. Everyday he woke up he knew what color it was going to be; it never changed. It was never dyed nor highlighted. 

The never changing color had him bored. He could change anything else he had wanted about himself besides that little stripe and it irritated him. 

“Baekhyun are you listening?” His girlfriend’s voice snapped him out of his trance as he instinctively pulled his sleeve over his wrist, looking at her as if he was paying attention the whole time. 

“Yeah about Soo-Jin’s new boyfriend, who she by the way, met a week ago.” He met her eyes as she looked at him knowing he wasn’t paying attention but decided to ignore it while changing the subject.

“So I was thinking of doing something fun.” She said as she twirled her light brown hair in between her fingers. 

“What’s the occasion?” Baekhyun asked jokingly as he sipped on the cup in front of him.

"What if we matched haircolors?" Her sheepish smile let itself out as she looked down at her own drink. 

"Why so suddenly?" He interjected putting his drink down to stare back up at her. 

“I don’t know I’m feeling adventurous and besides,” She said holding up her wrist to show the dark brown stripe that seemed to match his hair. “Maybe this will change.” 

Baekhyun looked back down at the table and took her idea into consideration. He was certain that the colors placed upon their wrists wouldn't change. Fate doesn't like to work in your favor. It's messy, and chaotic. His relationship with Mina had been going well for two years now and they both avoided a change to their hair within that time frame. 

'Was she beginning to get bored?' That's all that ran through his head as he watched the steam arise from his coffee. 

“Mina, I don’t want you to get your hopes up.” Baekhyun said while putting his left hand over hers, watching has her lips slightly upturned. 

"I don't care if it doesn't change. I love you why would a stripe make that change?" She counteracted as she interlaced their fingers over the table. 

He didn't know how to respond. He knew something good wasn't going to come of th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter