Chapter 9 - Happy Birthday!

Hearts Never Lie

DARA POV

 

It's the 23rd of September, my birthday. I mean, our birthday. I was in the car with my sister Jisoo, who is seems so excited but annoyed at the same time because she wasn't prepared for this sudden family trip; my brother Sanghyun who looked bored, smiled upon hearing Jisoo's rants and my Papa Teddy Bear kept on rolling his eyes everytime she hears our chicken clucking.

"I can't believe Bom unnie betrayed me, she said we will just stay in one of our hotels and bond. I didn't have the time to shop! I don't have clothes anymore, I don't want other people see me looking like a beggar!" she ranted. "Papa, you have to take me to Ginza, okay?" she said to our dad, who is now pretending to be asleep. Jisoo poked Papa Bear's nose but he didn't respond, so Jisoo kept on poking his nose until he was fully "awaked".

"What's that again?" he asked innocently. As if he haven't heard everything what Jisoo said.

"Papa, I said, you have to take me to GInza so that I can shop for new clothes and decent clothes for Dara unnie" she eyed me like I'm a fish in a seafood market.

Ginza? Was that in Japan? 

"I'm wearing decent clothes, you little chicken" I said defensively to her.

"That's decent for you? Unnie, you look like a street beggar with your loose shirt and loose pants, and what's with the beanie? You don't even own a single pair of stilettos! Me and Bom unnie buys you a lot of pretty dresses and LBDs but you never wear them!" she said dramatically.

I was about to defend myself when the chicken started to cluck again.

"It's a good thing you have a great sense of style when it comes to bags and jewelries, unnie. However, you should use them and flaunt it, not keep it inside your magical glass cabinet!" she said annoyingly. 

I'm not mad or annoyed at her because everything she said were all true. I have this great sense of style and I'm not talking about just the bags and my jewelries kkkkk but I find it awkward to use those expensive bags because I don't know where I'm gonna use it. Do I have to wear my $11, 800 (USD) Hermes Togo Kelly 32 bag in the convenience store? I don't have to, right? Or do I have to wear jewelries in the market and in the kitchen? No, right? Aish! This chicken is not thinking. Tsk tsk tsk what a Park Bom in the making.

Papa Bear and Sanghyun laughed at Jisoo's lectures. 

"Jisoo-yah, just leave Dara noona alone, it's her style so just let her be. She wasn't picking on you when you constantly buy expensive items that after you use it, you just throw it and besides, she looks great in whatever she wears" my favorite brother in the whole world defended me. 

"Dara doesn't have to wear or use her jewelries and bags inside the house right? Because your sister is always at home, if she's not in the kitchen, you will find her at the market. That is just her intinerary every day. You know very well that she's a very domesticated person" my Papa Bear said.

I feel like I'm an animal with that "domesticated" word but it's true though. I like being at home. I liked cooking, baking, sewing, gardening and arranging stuff.

"I know Papa, my point is she has to live live to the fullest. She said she wanted to be an actress but what is she doing? She turns down every offer that comes her way because she thinks she's not ready or she thinks the role is not for her. That's why I was so happy when I heard from Bom unnie that she auditioned for Bigbang's music video and she was picked as GD's girlfriend err I mean pretend girlfriend" she explained.

GD's girlfriend. Upon hearing that, memories of being with him suddenly flashed. Wait, what? memories? being with him? I think I'm going crazy right now, its as if I told myself that Jiyong and I are lovers. Lovers? kkkk Okay, I admit I had a crush on him. Who wouldn't? He's the most gorgeous man I've ever seen! He's like a Greek God descended on earth to be in every woman's carnal thoughts. He's slim but he got muscles in all the right places, and when he looks at you, it's as if he was going to lose it and devour you. And please, don't even mention his gummy smiles! Ugh! I feel hot and wet already hahaha

I was awakened in my day dreaming with Jiyong when my dad poked me and said we had already arrived in the airport. Wait, Airport? We're going overseas? Maybe, we're just going to Jeju Island. Oh, I miss that place.

I was surprised that Jisoo suddenly hugged me.

"I'm sorry unnie, I didn't mean to rant about your weird taste in fashion but you can't blame me, right? Because it's really weird and of course you already know me because I'm your little chicken, I really envy your bags and it's such a waste to just lock them up" she said while we're walking inside the departure area.

"Are you sure you are apoligizing?" I asked her.

"Of course unnie. I love you" Jisoo suddenly kissed my cheek.

"Aw, my little chicken. Don't worry about your clothes, arasso?" I said.

"Really? Are you going to buy me clothes and shoes?" she asked excitingly.

"Of course not! It's a waste of money and since you don't have money, I will just let you borrow my precious clothes, okay?" while smiling at her. I was anticipating her dramatic reactions for that.

"Que Horror! No way, I packed my things perfectly. I've packed enough so there's no need for you to lend me your rags" she pouted. She was sooo dramatic! Hahaha Bom really trained her well. 

My dad asked for my passport and my Japanese Visa. I gave him my passport and visas purse. 

"Dara, I don't have time to look for your Japanese Visa inside this horrific purse. Get it on your own" he said.

"Why do you need a Japanese Visa when we were just going to Jeju Isl... I stopped talking and with wide eyes I look at my dad and my siblings who are looking at me weirdly. I turned my eyes to look at the lady in the check-in  counter then at the departure board. My eyes grew bigger when I read what's written on it.

OSAKA

 

 

 

 

 

BOM POV

 

Me and Dara's birthday is today. However, due to my work, I ended up in Japan, alone. And because I'm also a genius like my sister (she can't be the only genius in the both of us, right?) I called my dad to come here in Osaka so that we can still celebrate our birthdays. Of course, my dad said yes right away. Knowing our father, he puts aside business when it comes to our family, he said family is more important than any thing in this world. And that was the only thing that our dad asked us. He gave us everything, he let us decide for ourselves, he never imposed something to us that we don't like (of course it will harm us, it's a different story) and he never took us for granted just because he was busy running an empire in exchange we should care and love each other. He said, he doesn't want to disappoint our mom by being an irresponsible father to all of us. He never did.

I was on my way to Kansai Airport to fetch my family when suddenly my driver said that we were caught up in a trafiic jam. 

"Where are we?" I asked the driver in Japanses. I can speak conversational Japanese since I've got a lot of fans here in Japan.

"We're in Yanmar Stadium Nagai, Miss" he answered. "I forgot it's Bigbang's concert today that's why it's traffic. I though it was tomorrow, so I decided to pass here since it's the most convenient way from the hotel, miss. I'm very sorry" he said apologitically.

"Did you just say BIGBANG? Is this stadium owned by Junsuke Masahiro?" I asked my bodyguard.

"Yes, miss." my bodyguard Deukie answered.

I get my phone inside my bag and dialled a certain number, Junsuke's number. After a few rings, he answered it.

"Bominator!"

"Yah! How many times do I have to tell you to stop calling me that???" I said.

Junsuke laughed. "Okay, Bommie.. why did you suddenly called me?" he asked.

"I want tickets to the Bigbang's concert in Osaka" I demanded.

"Woah! Bommie, you know that's a difficult favor, right? The tickets are all sold out just a minute it was released online" he said.

"That's why I called you. It's an easy favor for you compared to the favor you asked me five years ago, don't you think so?" I asked him back.

There was a long silence after that. 20 seconds passed and he's still deliberating his decision. I was getting impatient already.

"Okay, how many tickets?" he asked. Junsuke hasn't changed, he still decides after 20 seconds. Hahaha

"Tickets for  10 people" I said.

"What? Are you crazy???" he was shouting.

"Yes. Did you forget who am I?" I asked him.

"Okay, tickets for 10 as you wished, Ms. Park"

"Are you mad Junsuke?" I asked him

"No, more like annoyed Peppa" he said.

"Did you just call me Peppa???" the Bominator in me is switched on.

"Call me when you arrived in the stadium so that I can fetch you" he said. "Oh, yeah I called you Peppa" he added before hanging up.

That worm! He really never changed, he's still the most annoying Korean-Japanese creep I know. He, Dara and I are very close when we were young, they used to live also in the Philippines like us. We were neighbors in the same village and because we're both koreans in a foreign land, we became friends.

At last, we were near Kansai International Airport. I'm so excited to see my family especially my twin sister. I spotted the familiar faces of my family's bodyguards, so I knew that I'm gonna see them any time soon. I saw my brother and my dad walking first then Jisoo, aw my lovely dongsaeng is wearing black Dolce and Gabbana dress, she looks so pretty on it. I saw some people looking at her with amazement. Then, I saw my lovely twin walking just right after Jisoo, if Jisoo looks so expensive and pretty, Dara looks like a beggar with her outfit! OMG! A total fashion disaster! Even if she's wearing an authentic designer brand shirt but still it's a shirt! Anyway, it looks good on her and she seems happy wearing it so who am I to judge, right? But still, it's horrible, Hahaha

I went near them and hugged all of them. I miss them even if it's just 2 days passed since we saw each other. After I hugged Dara, I immediately told them to prepare because we are going to Bigbang's concert. Sanghyun is just on his same old look, bored ASF!, Jisoo is jumping with excitement, Dad called his staffs who are Bigbang's fans to lend us their lightsticks because I didn't inform them ahead of time and Dara was just stunned. She was frozen. So I whispered something to her that I'm sure she will be thawed.

Upon hearing it, she was unfrozen and with wide eyes, she asked me if t's true that we can meet Bigbang backstage.Tsk tsk tsk my sister is a GD trash. hahaha I'm a supportive sister so whatever makes Dara happy, I will be happy for her. It's obvious that she likes Bigbang's leader, I can tell from the way she talks about him (which is all the time) while her eyes are sparkling. There was even a time, I caught her staring and talking at GD's picture in her laptop! She fangirls everything about him, she learned to love hiphop and electropop genre because of them and she dances to their music too!

Based from my sister's stories, GD seems like a sweet and caring person. They text endlessly. From morning up to dawn (I'm not exagerrating). She was so into him, I just hope GD feels the same way for her. Because if I find out that he was leading her on, I'm gonna skin him alive! I don't care if he's my husband's (TOP) best friend.

We arrived at the concert venue, I called Junsuke and minutes passed, he was already outside. He bowed to my father who just hugged him and greeted Jisoo and Sanghyun while he winked at Dara. Dara faked a gag then laughed. We were lead by Junsuke to the nearest VIP sitting section. It was located at the left side of the stage. We enjoyed the concert but Sanghyun just slept. I personally think that he's a cyborg. He's in a deep sleep even if the stadium is very loud and noisy. What a weird man.

After the concert, Junsuke brought us to the backstage. My dad and Sanghyun decided to go ahead because Dad is already tired. He lead us into a room full of people. I immediately saw my love TOP sitting down looking at something, Daesung and Taeyang is doing the same thing while Seungri is I don't know, pissed? Yeah, he was pissed off while looking at something. When I followed their eyes, I saw GD smiling, he looked so happy. I turned to look at who is GD talking to and was stunned. He was talking to a lizard looking girl. I was about to hide them from Dara's sight when I heard GD calling Dara.

"Dara! What a surprise! You came! And you're with your sisters" he said to Dara smiling.

Dara just stared at the lizard while saying "Yeah, what a surprise." 

"By the way, I'd like to you to meet my girlfriend, Kiko Mizuhara" he said while holding the lizard's hand. Yuck. I'm sure it's slimy.

Jisoo and I doesn't have a choice but to shake hands with a lizard. I don't want people saying that we are rude. 

"Finally, I've heard so much about you, Dara, I've watched the music video and I can say, you look so much better in person" she said while faking a smile. Fake!

"Really, how come I've never heard about you? Aish, GD you never said that you had a beautiful girlfriend! Tell me, is she the one whom you refer as your japanese gift to me on my birthday?" Dara said to GD. Bravo Dara! 

I don't know if he's densed or what but obviously he didn't noticed Dara's sarcasm on it and instead he said.

"Yes, happy birthday Dara!" he greeted with a smile.

"Happy Birthday Dara!" the lizard greeted her.

"Thanks!" she simply said.

 

 

 

Seungri POV

 

 

I couldn't stand it anymore. I was so pissed when Jiyong Hyung informed us that he and that praying mantis are back together after being separated after 3 months. I never like her for my hyung from the very start and so are the other members. She's a real bich! She acts like an angel in front of hyung but when he's not around, she returns to her original form. I don't understand what hyung saw in her, if you asked me, she's not that pretty and she's a brat. Hyung spolied her too much. Whatever she says, is true and correct for him. I could go on and on in my list for her ugly personality but I stopped because hyung will not be happy about it. I was so busy looking at them with disgust and annoyed (I did not hide it from them, anyway) when I noticed that it became quiet. I looked around and then I saw my favotite noona talking to hyung and to Ms. Mantis.

Everyone in the room were silent. Everyone's attention is at the three.

"By the way, I'd like to you to meet my girlfriend, Kiko Mizuhara" hyung proudly said. 

"Finally, I've heard so much about you, Dara, I've watched the music video and I can say, you look so much better in person" the mantis said. I can tell she's acting. Why did she became a model? She should've been an actress.

"Really, how come I've never heard about you? Aish, GD you never said that you had a beautiful girlfriend! Tell me, is she the one whom you refer as your japanese gift to me on my birthday?" my noona said. 

"Yes, happy birthday Dara!" he greeted with a smile.

"Happy Birthday Dara!" the mantis greeted her also. 

"Thanks!" my noona said. She was about to say something when I got into the picture.

"Hey Noona! You came! I was so happy you came here just to see me perform. Did you enjoyed my solo performance?" I asked her. I need to protect my noona at all cost.

"Yes, Seungri-ssi. I enjoyed everything" she smiled at me. A kind of smile which don't reach her eyes.

"Do you want to come with us to our after party?" 

"I'm afraid I can't panda, we went straight here from the airport, so I was kinda tired. I just really came here to congratulate you guys" she said.

"Thank you Dara" TOP hyung said.

"We appreciate it" said by Daesung.

"I'm sorry, we don't have any idea" Taeyang hyung said. He smiled at Dara apologetically, his words has another meaning on it. 

"It's okay Youngbae, It's not your fault" she smiled back.

"Anyway, we have to go ahead, my father and brother are waiting for us outside. Congratulations, Bigbang! Hwaiting!" she said.

As Dara noona turned her back at us, it did not escape her tears from my sight. Shoot! My heart clenched at the sight of her crying. I looked back at Jiyong hyung who is now busy talking to his mantis. 

I so hate you right now, hyung. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Writer's Note:

 

Yes, your predictions were right. The gf is none other than Kiko Mizuhara. I picked her not because I hate her, I don't have anything against her actually. I picked her because in all of GD's dating scandals, hers is the closest to reality. But not too close since our dragon is a very private person, she is so public for him but who knows, right? Anyway, I don't believed that there was a JIKO couple happened. She's just really a friend to him. Also, I chose her over Nana since she looks a bit intimidating rather than the latter. 

Things are starting to heat up! Make sure, you've subscribed and please... can you do me a little favor? Can I have an upvote from all of you? Pretty please... 

Don't forget to post your comments! I'd love to hear your thoughts. See you next chapter. Ciao!