Chapter 21 - Sunken Ship

Hearts Never Lie

 

 

 

 

DARA POV

 

“Miss Dara, they’re all waiting for you.”  

Dara turned to the person from looking at the traffic jam outside the Park Empire Tower. She was standing in front of her glass panel overlooking the busy streets of the Park Central Business District.

The Park Central Business District, also known as the PCBD is the leading financial and central business district in South Korea located at the heart of Gangnam in Seoul. Many of the skyscrapers in Seoul are in this area. Park Empire Tower along Park Avenue is the country's tallest Office building and reaches up 359 meters. It is the headquarters of The Park Group, South Korea’s one of the biggest conglomerates, it operates on the Park’s Hotels, Golf Courses, Real Estate Development and Busan Electric Company. The business district is also considered as one of the most vibrant commercial districts in Asia. It contains the Park Centre, one of the region's major shopping centres.

The financial district is managed by two groups - the Gangnam Commercial Estates Association and the Park-Lee Property Management Corporation.

Today is the day that she will be formally sitting down as the CEO of the Park Hotels. Three years wasn’t an easy journey but it was worth the blood, sweat and the tears. She was the Vice President for three years. She worked hard for this position because she doesn’t want people to judge her that she got it just because she was a Park. All those sleepless nights and travelling in and out of the country has finally paid.

Sanghyun is still in the military but as long as he returns, he will be going to sit as the Chairman of the Board of Park Group which will be vacated by my Papa Bear. Papa Bear on the other hand will still be around as consultant/adviser (which is really unnecessary, he just wants to annoy my brother a bit hahaha). Bom will sit also as a Director since she is still active as a singer and Jisoo, my little chicken, who is a fresh graduate and is currently taking up her Master’s will start to work as one of the Team Leaders of the Planning Department. She has to learn the basics of the company from the bottom on her way to the top. Sanghyun, me and believe me or not, Bom made our way through that.

She faced Tiffany, Yoona, Jjangmae and Dony; her staff and smiled. “It’s time.”

 

 

After her inauguration and the press conference, she made her way to her office. Dony opened the door for her and she entered, only to be surprised by a smiling fish.

“Lee Donghae. What are you doing here?” Dara greeted him as she sauntered to hug the man.

Donghae smiled and give her a box of her favourite macaroons. “Congratulations, CEO Dara!”

Dara giggled. “Thank you fishy! I know you are happy because I’m now the CEO but don’t ever think of me letting you and your company make an easy peasy contracts… business is business.” She joked.

Donghae scoffed. “I’m not a cheap contractor, sweetie.”

Dara was about to answer Donghae when her phone rang. She immediately checked the caller ID then frowned. She informed Donghae that it was Seungri, the latter just nodded then he sat comfortably on the couch near her.

 

Dara: What do you want, Seungri? I’m busy.

Seungri: I just want to congratulate you Noona! You are daebak as always!

Dara: Thank you, Seungri-ssi! You are so sweet. You didn’t change a bit despite what happened between me and your hyung.

Seungri: Don’t mind him, Noona. He’s just another sorry I knew. My relationship with him right now is purely business.

Dara: You want me to believe that, panda?

Seungri: No. Hahaha but I like you, noona that’s why I’m still pissed at him. I will never forgive him for doing that to you.

 

Before Seungri track down the memory lane, she interrupted him.

 

Dara: Listen, panda. I would love to talk a bit more but I promised Donghae lunch and I’m quite starving also.

Seungri: Oh, I’m sorry noona. It slipped my mind. Please extend my regards to Donghae hyung.

 

Weird but she really thought that Seungri purposedly mention Donghae’s name with emphasis.

 

Dara: Sure, maknae. You can join us if you’re not busy.

Seungri: I would love to noona. Is it okay for me to crash your lunch date?

 

He emphasized the “date” this time.

 

Dara: Of course, it’s just lunch Seungri. And besides, you two are pretty close right? Since both of you are somehow business partners.

 

Dara bid her farewell. She slumped herself on the couch across Donghae. She was just happy that this day turned out well.

“Seungri is joining us for lunch, Nemo.” She faced Donghae.

Donghae just stared at her.

She stared back at him. “What?” She asked.

Donghae shrugged. “Nothing. Just be happy always, Dee.”

 

Dara just smiled at him. “Thank you for always being here with me, Hae.

 

 

 

DONGHAE POV

 

Man. He would pay millions just to see Dara’s genuine smile again.

 

 

 

JIYONG POV

 

 

“Oh, I’m sorry noona. It slipped my mind. Please extend my regards to Donghae hyung.”

 I overheard Seungri from across the dance studio talking. The maknae is seriously pissing him off since he and Dara went on their separate ways after three years of being together. Everyone who is close to them was shocked and expresses their regrets to their relationship.

 

“I would love to noona. Is it okay for me to crash your lunch date?”

 

Seungri were all smiles talking on the phone with his favourite noona. I knew who he’s talking to since his one and only noona is Dara.

“Yah… Is Seungri talking to Dara?” TOP hyung whispered to Daesung.

Daesung answered him by whispering back. “Yes, hyung.”

“Are you also still in contact with her?” TOP asked.

“Yes. How about you?” Daesung asked.

“Of course! We have a deep connection you know” TOP said.

Daesung shakes his head while smiling.

“Why are we whispering?” Daesung asked.

TOP shrugged. “I don’t know either.” He laughed.

 

Seungri bid his farewell then went up straight to his bag and said “I’ll go ahead brothers.”

Youngbae asked Seungri before the latter go. “What about our choreography?”

Seungri just shrugged. “I’m going to eat lunch first with my new OTP.” Then he flashed his evil maknae grin on TOP.

“Who?” Youngbae asked curiously.

Seungri grinned widely. “The Double Ds.” He answered then left.

Youngbae got more curious. “Ahm… I’m confused. Who are these Double Ds our maknae is talking about?”

TOP hyung walked to the center of the dance floor and said “The Double Ds are Dara and Donghae, also known as “Asia’s Golden Couple”, business category. Together, they soared up high. Everyone knows they are ‘perfect’ for each other. Everyone is speculating wedding bells soon as everyone in the business world knew about their ‘destined’ future.” He explained like he’s a professor.

Hi-Tech and Crazy dancers and everyone inside the studio is paying attention to all of his talks.

Then someone asked loudly. “What about my DARAGON heart?”

I quickly scanned the whole room to see whose talking and found out that it was my very own brother, Mino. Beside him is Chanwoo.

“Dara noona is too perfect for Jiyong hyung. He doesn’t deserve her. At all.” Chanwoo said while paying his full attention to his mobile game.

Everyone except TOP was shocked at Chanwoo’s words. All eyes were on him which he doesn’t give a damn. When he noticed it, he looked straight into my eyes and said “What? Am I wrong?”

Everyone was in deep silence.

“You’re right. I don’t deserve her.” I replied.

Chanwoo and I were at a staring battle for almost a minute. I looked away because I felt something inside me. TOP hyung cleared his throat.

“Alright DARAGON shippers… can we just move on now? Our OTP has clearly moved on.”

Youngbae, Daesung, Mino and TOP all looked at me.

 

 

 

 

Have I?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

 

Hi everyone! I miss you all.. I hope you are still waiting for an update for this story. Sorry for being a lousy writer :) Pls pls leave comments. I would love to hear your opinions.

 

Thank you :)