Chapter 8 - Baby, I miss you

Hearts Never Lie

DARA POV

 

Bom and I always held our birthdays together when we were young. But as we grow older, we've got our own identities and we had different sets of friends. She was always the center of attention in school because she's smart, pretty and sassy plus she's the ultimate IT girl. I, on the other hand is the complete opposite of her, I'm good with being on the sidelines. However, because I'm her twin sister and a daughter from a chaebol family, I was also in the limelight. 

Me and my sister took up different course in college, she majored in Music while I double majored in Financial Management and Accounting since I want to help my father run the family's business eventhough I dreamt of being an actress like my mom. My dad never imposed something to us that we don't like, he always gices us freedom in our decisions. People who are close to me supported my dream since my face is fit for an actress. I was the "department beauty" in our course. There is a poll in the school's website forum about beautiful girls in school bareface edition. I won that title from freshman up to the day I graduated. After graduation, Bom pursued her passion in music, she became Korea's Queen of Soul while I asked my dad to give me some time to travel and do what I want before I sit down as an executive in our company. 

Those are just few of the reasons why we held our birhdays separately now. Our birthday is on September 23. I celebrate my birthday with my close friends on the 21st then Bom celebrated hers on the 22nd. On 23rd, we spent time with the family whether its on a short vacation or just plain dinner. This year wasn't an exception but this time, we switched dates because Bom has an important function to attend to.

I only have an intimate dinner with my childhood friends which are also my college friends in one of Jaejoong's restaurant, The Adobo Seoul. It's a Filipino - Korean Fusion Restaurant located in Gangnam. This restaurant brought Jaejoong to success as a chef. 

We all had a good time since it was a long time since we all gathered in one place to bond. Of course, they wouldn't be happy if they will not be able to tease me and Jaejoong. Jaejoong and I just laughed about it.

"You still look so good together" teased by Bo Gum, my cousin.

"True. Anyone would see the both you wouldn't know that your are ex-lovers. You two still got that chemistry, y'know" said by Hye Sun.

"Who wouldn't? They're still acting as if something's going on between them and they were always together" Boa eyed us differently. Hoping for a positive response.

"Guys, let's put it this way, some things just didn't go as planned. We're good being like this now and it's such a miracle that we are still good friends, in fact, we're best friends now, right Jae?" I smiled at him. 

Maybe it's just me or did I really saw the flicker of sadness and regret in his eyes. It was fast though, he smiled back at me.

"Yeah, best friends" with a forced smile.

"Anyway, I'm sure Dara will not look at me anymore since she's already an actress now" he added.

"Shocks! I couldn't believe I forgot that and I couldn't believe you forgot to remind me to congratulate Dara, Mr. Park Bo Gum!" said Yoo Jung, my cousin's fiance. "Anyway, we watched the music video and you are so jjang! Your acting is so daebak!" she continued.

"You are trending in twitter worldwide for 5 consecutive days! Korean VIPs like you! Your name is a hot topic in SNS and TV shows" said Jessica excitingly.

I smiled then continue eating while listening to my friends talked about my increasing popularity but I didn't paid much attention to them because I kept on checking my phone If I have a message from a certain person. A guy named Jiyong.

Since that embarassing night, we constantly exchanged text messages even during work hours, talking about almost anything and updating each other what happened the whole day. I was surprised by myself that I was able to keep up with him since I don't like texting because it takes time and it doesn't have feelings or sincerity. However, today was an exception. Maybe because he was so tired from their Japan tour and he's busy preparing for the concert since Japan is the second largest fanbase of Bigbang, next to South Korea. I couldn't help but to think of him though. I want to know if he eats on time and if he had enough sleep, I wanted to know what happened to his day. I want to know everything related to him. I was itching to text him but I didn't. I might disturb him and I don't want that to happen. Thanks to Seungri, I'm still updated to their activities but hey, I didn't ask him for that, he just text all of a sudden and informed me about their concert. Aw, what a sweet panda.

I was in a deep thought when a coin suddenly appeared right in front of my eye. When I looked at the person holding it, a smiling but worried Jaejoong appeared. "A penny for your thoughts?" he asked. 

"Nothing, I was just thinking about random things" I replied. I don't want to entertain my feelings right now because it would just complicate things. I don't even know Jiyong's.

"Random things like?" 

"Like, how lucky I am to have you as my best friend" it was true though. Everyday, I always pray to the heavens to bless Jaejoong more and that he is happy. Everyday, I always pray to God that may he give Jaejoong a woman who is willing to give her heart and soul to him, someone who would always be there for him no matter what. Something that I haven't done for him.

"You sure are lucky. Are you sure you don't want us to get back?" he smirked. Obviously, he was teasing me. 

"Positive" I answered.

"You are always bad for my ego Dee. Anyway, whatever you are thinking, don't forget that I'll always be here for you. Anytime." he promised.

I just hug him. 

Dear Lord, hear my plea. 

 

 

 

 

JIYONG POV

 

After the concert, we went to a restaurant for a late dinner. We were so hungry that when the food came, we devour it right away. I finished eating first and checked my phone if there are any messages. I've got 20 messages all came from a woman. I smiled then read it right away. I was smiling the whole time I was reading it. I didn't even noticed the looks of my members and the staff is giving me.

"Hyung, is that Sandara Noona?" Seungri asked while munching his food.

"Why would Dara text me?" I asked back.

"We know everything hyung so don't deny it okay?" 

"I'm not denying anything. It's not Dara, okay" I simply answered. 

"Yeah and pigs fly." Daesung said.

I just shake my head and in instead, I continued reading the messages.

 

 

"Baby, I miss you sooooo much. I'm in Osaka right now, you're in Osaka right? Do you want to meet up?"

 

I stand up, get one of my credit cards and give it to Youngbae.

"Don't wait for me. I'll see you tomorrow." I said to them then leave.

 

"Baby, where are you?" I texted back.

 

 

 

 

 

Writer's Note:

 

Baby????? Is she Dara, Jiyong??? hmmmmm...

 

Hi! I'm sorry it took me sometime to update because I went out of town and I didn't brought my laptop with me and I find it hard to write here using my phone.

 

Kamsahamnida Chingus!