1.7

My I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few people at our school who knew about the competition had come up to us during the break hours and congratulated us on progressing to the next round and it was refreshing, having people actually talk to us rather than avoiding our loud, diverse group like we had the plague.

"HANNIE, MY SWEET SUMMER CHILD!" I heard a familiar voice that didn't belong to our group shout from the entry to the cafeteria and covered my mouth to stifle my laughter as Jeonghan's eyes widened almost in fear. Minghao frowned in confusion and turned to me but I just shook my head and told him to wait.

Jeonghan shrunk into himself slightly and a body barrelled into him, effectively throwing the both of them to the ground. "Oi! Choi Minki I'd appreciate it if you didn't break my boyfriend." Seungcheol complained. I stood up and looked over the table to see exactly what I thought was happening. A boy who had tackled Jeonghan to the ground also had relatively long hair and was kissing him all over the face - everywhere but his lips, knowing that if he did that, Seungcheol would probably kill him depending on his mood - and Jeonghan was laughing uncontrollably because of it. I momentarily looked over at Minghao and he side eyed me with a confused look and I laughed at his confusion.

The boy looked up with a big grin on his face and when he saw me looking at the two of them, the grin seemed to widen. "Huihui! My ray of sun." My eyes widened and I backed away slightly as he stood and went for me. "Hyung no!" I cried and the boy ignored me and wrapped his arms around me in a tight hug, kissing me on my cheeks and forehead. "Ooh who's this?" He asked and I knew he was talking about Minghao. I struggled against his death grip for a bit longer before I managed to free myself and stood by Minghao, who looked vaguely terrified. "Hyung, this is Xu Minghao, my best friend. Xiao Hao this hyung is Choi Minki. He's Jeonghannie-hyung's childhood friend. They're practically twins."

"Well, its nice to meet you, Minghao, but I need to go." The way he said his name was strange so I cringed and covered his mouth. "Please hyung, until you get used to saying his name just call him Myungho, that's his Korean name and it sounds similar enough." Minki nodded in understanding and grinned, "Hello and goodbye Cheol-ah, Jisoo, Muellie and Chan! I must go now! Oh! I almost forgot! Congratulations to you all for moving on in the competition." And just like that, he was gone again.

"What the heck just happened?" Minghao asked, "You know what I don't want to know. I'll be back." He pushed his chair back under the table and put his bag on it, leaving while shaking his head with a slight smile. "Minki-hyung is such a strange person." Chan muttered. "Hey, do any of you know if Jihoon and Soonyoung hyungs are in the music room that Jihoon-hyung has been recording in?" He added and I shrugged whilst sitting back down in my seat.

There was a moment where I shuddered suddenly in unease because I felt that something was about to happen and I looked at the time on my phone and saw that Minghao had been gone for about five minutes now. Ironically enough, shortly after I put my phone back down I felt it start to vibrate, moments before Minghao's personalised ringtone started playing — It was from when Minghao and myself were dating still, it was of Minghao singing our favourite love song and I never had the heart to cha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter