0.1

My I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They had been enjoying a date when 'it' happened...

They were both devastated but of course, they didn't let the other know that and kept those feelings of despair to themselves.

But we should probably back up and see what happened, what 'it' is, before any assumptions are made.

 

I inhaled the scent of the food, took in the atmosphere of the place we were in and momentarily thought that I was back in my hometown, Shenzhen. The noise may be a bit louder, it may be a bit colder and the air pollution may be a bit higher here in Seoul, but sitting here in a small Chinese restaurant — owned by a kind, old woman from Minghao's hometown Anshan — with the love of my life, I still felt like I was at home.

(Well I'm crying I don't want to continue no more I don't want to do this I'm actually gonna cry)

"Are you right there? Are you going to actually eat, Gēge, or are you just going to continue smelling your food?" Said love of my life and my best friend Xu Minghao asked, clearly amused. I smiled brightly at him and quickly booped his nose before starting to actually eat.

We first met when I was five and Minghao was almost four. Minghao's mother had suffered in an abusive relationship with Minghao's father and finally filed a divorce, got a restraining order against the man and took full legal custody of Minghao. She left the father in the house that once belonged to all of them, moved to a province far away and found residence for herself and Minghao in the house next to mine.

I was a curious child and when I saw a truck at the house that I knew had nobody to play with, I knew that something had happened, someone was moving in. So, using my stubby child legs, I went out the front of my house behind my mum and saw a little boy with his mother. I had squealed in excitement when I saw the boy but he hid behind his mothers legs, scared. I didn't find out until years later that it was because he was scared of loud noises, because his father yelled at him and blamed him for being the reason that he lost his job.

Of course, my mother was the ever courteous neighbour and introduced herself to his mother. While they were talking, I approached him, a bit quieter than before and introduced myself and asked him for his name. He looked up at his mother, who nodded to say that it was okay to say his name to me, and introduced himself. "I'm Xu Minghao." The biggest smile that my mother had ever seen apparently broke out on my face at this.

It only took a few days for Minghao to open up to me and within a week we were best friends. We were enrolled in the same classes throughout primary school. At six and five years old, we were enrolled in both dance and Wushu classes by our parents, giving us the choice as to whether we wanted to go down the path of martial arts or performing arts. We chose performing arts but still participated in the martial arts. When I was seve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter