1.2

My I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Seungcheol-hyung! You messed up that move again." Minghao called out from where he was sitting on a chair in the performing arts auditorium —which doubled as the dance classroom— covered in blankets, courtesy of me. I rushed over to where Minghao was sitting from my position and asked my oldest hyung to repeat the section we had been working on so I could see what he was doing wrong and try to correct him.

Once I saw what it was I sighed with relief, seeing that it was something easily fixable. "Okay hyung, I see what you're doing wrong now. Firstly, you need to stop looking so stiff, secondly, you're getting your arms and legs mixed up. Sammy come here along with hyung, I'll show Seungcheol-hyung what he's doing wrong with you as my example. Soonyoungie's not here at the moment so Hao and I are watching and teaching you what he's taught us of the routine so for him we need to make sure all of you are getting it right. Chan, can you go over that with everyone else while I help Cheol? You're our next in charge with dance."

The second youngest nodded and started running the movements again. The oldest sighed and walked over. The youngest in our group also came over to me with a smile on his face, looking like he seemingly thought that he felt like he was useful, even if it was only in the slightest. (Although I don't think that would be the case at all, he is very useful and helps with choreography suggestions often)

I stood up and my fingers grazed Minghao's arm as I walked over to Samuel and Seungcheol watched everything that I was doing. Seungcheol smirked and I shot him a glare momentarily before smiling at Samuel and gently moving his arms and guiding him to move his legs to mimic what Seungcheol was doing when he did the movement. "Hyung, you're doing this, you're meant to be doing this." Samuel moved to the correct position, "And this is what the movement is meant to look like." Samuel did the movement the correct way, slow enough for Seungcheol to process.

"Like this?" Seungcheol showed me the movement again and it seemed closer to what it was supposed to be. "Almost. You've got the arms and legs right now but you're still really stiff. Your movements do need to be sharper, but you need to relax. At this moment your shoulders are tense and it looks like you don't have a neck." I stated bluntly and he nodded in understanding.

"I see it too. Cheol-hyungie, you are doing the steps right but you need to relax a little bit. This is fun. It's a competition but this is meant to be a fun dance to do." Samuel spoke confidently and I nodded in agreement. "Definitely, I agree with everything that Sammy just said. You can go back now, I don't want to keep you from practicing any more. Thank you for your help." The younger boy beamed at me and walked back to his position. "Again please hyung."

We had to run the movement a few times more, with me doing it with him a few of those time, until he did it to my liking. "Okay let's go again, all together though. Thank you, Chan." I returned to my own position and looked at Minghao, signalling for him to start the music, which for now was just a copy of the backing track as Jihoon was taking people away to record lines.

"5, 6, 7, 8." I cued us into the phrase and occasionally watched Minghao as he was observing movements. He seemed satisfied, much to my relief. Once we finished I smiled slightly and turned to my best friend. "How was it? Did Seungcheol-hyung do better?" I a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter