Chapter 5

Misfits

Namjoon placed the glass back down on the table before wrapping his arms around Jin's waist and pulled the older boy onto his lap, Jin wrapped his arms around Namjoon's chest and hid his face in Namjoon's neck. The couple was enjoying the feeling of one another in each other's arms neither noticed a younger boy from earlier walking into the room pushing Taehyung and Jungkook out of the way to see his older foster brother. The broken handle was in his right hand, everyone from the foster family was aware that Jin was gay and had a boyfriend they had not yet the said boyfriend before so it did not come to a surprise to see the pair entangled with each other especially after how worried the one was for the other.

"Jin-hyung, your boyfriend broke my bedroom door handle" the boy said holding the handle up, Jin's eyes widened and glared at Namjoon, there was no heat in the glare since everyone knew that Namjoon was unable to control his strength most of the time.

"Ehehehe sorry babe" Namjoon said looking slightly guilty.

"Namjoon....your fixing that"

"Come on! Why?!" Namjoon complained but never the less complied with the older boy's demands what could he say, Namjoon was completed whipped for Jin. This resulted in Namjoon spending the next 1 and a half fixing the doorknob whilst being supervised by Yoongi. After the doorknob was fixed and Yoongi was satisfied that it was not going to break again they returned to Jin's room.

Jin was sitting on Namjoon's lap on the bed whilst Taehyung lay across Jungkook with his feet in his best friend's lap, Hoseok was sitting beside Yoongi with Jimin lying across their laps. The room was silent, their eyes were on Jin.

"Jin... why didn't you tell us you were in foster care?" Hoseok asked finally breaking the silence, Jin looked down and sighed. I guess it's time to tell you guys.

"I have an ability. It's an elemental ability, I am able to control the elements" Jin finally said, Namjoon's arms tightened around Jin's waist clearly in shock, everyone was. They all had known Jin for years, the last thing they were expected to be told was Jin had been lying to them all this time.

 "It was 14 years ago" Jin began, his hands tightened around Namjoon's as he remembered that dreaded night.

His eyes started glowing a vibrant pink, the walls of the house started to crumble, the water in the pipes burst out and an air bubble started forming around the young child which kept the oxygen in and kept everything else out.

"Stop, please" the child begged but nothing happened, his abilities refused to obey him. The house was falling apart anything lying underneath the rubble would be dead or slowing suffocating under everything. The air bubble which protected him was now disbursing leaving the crying child safe on top of the rubble of his once family home.

Tears were spilling from Jin's eyes once he finished telling that story, the others stared at Jin all heartbroken after hearing the elder’s tale. They had no idea.

"That's why I didn't tell you. I thought you all would hate me...." Namjoon wiped Jin's tears before he cupped his lover's face and pressed a kiss his head.

"Jinnie... we would never hate you. You helped us control our powers now let us help you." Namjoon hugged Jin, the older boy buried his head into his lover's neck

"Yea hyung! We would never hate you! We love you!" Jimin told him and the others nodded. "Besides hyung, we understand why you did it!" Hoseok flashed a smile.

Their words brought more tears to his eyes. He looked at them and wiped his tears away. "Thank you, guys, come here." He beckoned them for a group hug which they all accepted, the hug ended when Hoseok announced that he had a dance class that he had to attend, Yoongi offered the drive the younger boy there whilst leaving Taehyung, Jimin and Jungkook along with Namjoon with Jin. The sooner the elder boys had left the maknae line started bombarding the elder with questions.

 "Jin hyung, what is your ability?" Jimin asked

"Jin hyung can you show us your ability?" Taehyung questioned.

"Does your foster mom know?" Jungkook said which caused Jin to chuckle and pat each of their heads.

"Maybe tomorrow. I'm tired" Jin replied. The three pouted which made Jin chuckle more. "Get home. Your boyfriends might be worried".

They reluctantly agreed and left but not before giving the elder another hug, once the three had exited his room Jin lay down on his bed facing Namjoon. Jin gave his boyfriend a small smile which Namjoon happily returned.

"I love you Joonie"

"I love you too Jinnie"

"Thank you for accepting me"

"And thank you for loving me" Jin muttered before Namjoon moved forward capturing the elder's lips with his.


The next day, they went to the warehouse like usual. "Jin hyung can you do a demonstration? Please" Taehyung begged, Jin was a little hesitation because he just did not want to hurt any of them but before he could say no.

"YES!!!! PLEASE!!!! HYUNG!!" Jimin and Jungkook joined. The three did their best puppy eyes but Yoongi was not having any of that since he was away that his hyung was terrified of his abilities.

"Yah! You three should rethink what you are asking of him, Jin hyung fears his powers" Jin chuckled at the scene. However, the effect of those puppy eyes was just too cute.

"Ok ok! Stop with the puppy eyes!" Namjoon had to chuckle at the scene because Jin always fell for that trick no matter how many times. Jin's weakness? Maknae line's puppy eyes.

"Jin hyung...you fall for it too easily" Hobi laughed as he rested his head on Yoongi's left shoulder and Jimin on Yoongi's right.

"Yah! They're too cute!" Jin cried out in defence.

"Aww Jinnie, are they cuter than me? I do the puppy eyes but they don't work on you" Namjoon pouted. Jin chuckled. "That's because of your a grown man Joonie" He kissed Namjoon and went to the centre.

"You all better stand back. This could hurt you" he told them. And they did Jin raised his arms then white light glowed from his hands as his eyes turned a vibrant pink colour. Abandoned rocks which Namjoon had been messing around with were scattered across the floor started to glow the same colour and Jin's hands before they started rising, the rocks then darted towards Jin the thousands of tiny rocks started circling the elder's body.

The others stared in amazement, Jin Hyung’s powers are amazing! Jin closes his eyes and slowly put his arms down. The rocks slowly descended. When opened his eyes, they had returned to those brown orbs they all love. They ran towards him.

"Hyung! That was awesome!" Tae exclaimed as he hugged Jin who hugged back.

"Jin hyung, you are soooo cool!" Hobi told him.

"That's my Jinnie" Namjoon kissed Jin which Jin happily returned. The alarm that Yoongi had set went off and the group headed to school.