Chapter 10

Misfits

Namjoon stood in front of the van his hand was clasped with Jin's, Yoongi was standing beside him with both his arms wrapped around Hoseok and Jimin whilst Jungkook gave Taehyung a piggyback ride. 

"This will take you to the safehouse, there will be three agents waiting for you at the safe house, we will keep you in the loop for what is happening" Agent Jang said as he opened the door for the seven boys to climb in, Namjoon was the first to climb into the van before he turned around to help Jin up. Jungkook climbed up next his eyes glanced over at Agent Jang, a glare appeared on the Maknae's face directed at Jang, he too helped Taehyung in then sat down with his arms wrapped around the elder boy's waist. Yoongi and Hoseok climbed in one after the other then turned to face Jimin who was still standing on the pavement, he took shaky steps towards the van, his vision was still in the front of his mind. 

"C'mon Chim" Hoseok said reaching his hand out for Jimin's, Jimin gently took it and allowed the older boy to pull him up. As the van started an unsettling feeling of uncertain was setting in, Jimin grabbed hold of Yoongi's and Hoseok's hands and started to squeeze them tightly. Namjoon's eyes kept glancing out the window whilst Jin slept on his lap, he wanted to make sure no one was following them and so far there was but it did not prevent the foreboding feeling that was present in the atmosphere. 


The group of seven stepped out of the van which had been driving them to there destination. Jimin and Taehyung were messing around on his phone, Jin and Namjoon were in a conversation with Yoongi and Hoseok whilst Jungkook watched his boyfriend interact with his best friend.

Then a sudden amount of black cars drove onto the street, the side doors were open and men in black suits jumped from them.

"Capture Kim Seokjin and his friends" one of the men ordered the others.

"Yes Sir" the men shouted in union, the group of seven started panicking Namjoon pushed Jin behind him to protect him whilst calling upon his powers, even though he knew that Jin was way more powerful than him, he was Jin's boyfriend and that meant he would protect his boyfriend.

The group of men approached the group, agent Jang and his men raised their weapons at the approaching men whilst shouting orders to put down their weapons and retreat but they did not comply.

"Protect Seokjin and the others at all cost" Agent Jang shouted as the men in black started charging towards them. 

Bullets were flying, abilities were being used men from each opposing side fell to the ground, they were become more outnumbered by the second. Jungkook grabbed the nearest enemy and electrified him, Namjoon destroyed their body structure, Hoseok set them on fire, Jin trapped the enemies in the concrete, Taehyung was protecting Jimin who they would need to heal the others when the fight ended. 

"Sir, we are outnumbered" one man shouted out of frustration.

"Then grab the ones who are closest to you" the leader of the men shouted, two men, grabbed 2 of the 7 boys which were closer to them and started to retreat, they shoved the two into the van and took off.

"HYUNG!!!" Jimin and Taehyung screamed as they were grabbed and thrown into the van. Jin watched horrified as the van drove off with his friends, he grabbed onto Namjoon as he was thrown into a web of memories. 

'I will never use them again' Jin thought repeatedly as he walked through the streets, his clothes were dirty from the destruction of his house, the young boy had become skinny to the point where you were able to see his bones through his skin. Seokjin was shivering from the cold, the people he passed always seemed to look at him like he was a monster, their glares seemed like they all knew what he had done, they knew that Jin's was a monster that he had killed his own family. Jin turned left which lead to an isolated park and sat down on one of the benches. 

'Stupid, why did I have to lose control of them' tears started forming in the boy's eyes. 'I killed my eomma and my appa, I wish I could kill myself' Jin thought as a hand came out of nowhere and covered his mouth. 

"Mmphh" Jin muffled out as he tried to scream, he struggled against the man's grip but the others were too strong. 

"Got him boss" a voice said from behind him. 

"Great, now bring him here" another voice said, it was a little electronic which obviously meant it was coming out of the phone speaker. Jin did not know what was happening as something was injected into his neck, whilst he out but the last thing which was on his mind was. 

'I am so sorry eomma... appa'

Jin awoke in a dark room, the boy looked around frantically he attempted to move his hands but they were tied to some kind of metal object. He was tied to a metal chair, tears started pouring down the boy's cheeks his body shook in fear. 

'Why is this happening to me but I deserve this don't I, I killed my parents' Jin thought as he tried to stop himself from crying anymore but was unsuccessful. The door opened suddenly revealing a man in his early 30's who was wearing a white lab coat. 

"Kim Seokjin, Elemental ability, murdered his family when he lost control" the man stated bluntly, Jin's eyes widened before he teared up once more, he hated being reminded about what he had done. 

"Ahh" Jin let out a painful yelp as the man grabbed a hold of Jin's hair and pulled Jin towards him. 

"W-what do y-you want with me?" Jin managed to stutter out, the man let out an evil laugh which would give anyone in the surrounding area the chills before he grabbed Jin's hair tighter.  

"Kim Seokjin, you will be our little experiment" he said, once he finished his sentence men in white barged into the room. One wheeled a stroller with a syringe and other devices that Jin did not recognise, tears started to pour down his cheeks once more. The man went to the stroller and picked up a syringe with bluish green liquid.

"Hold him" the man ordered, the men in white held Jin as he began to struggle. 

"No please! Please!" Jin begged as the man came closer and closer. 

"This is what monsters like you deserve." He said as he injected the syringe into Jin's skin and pressed the plunger forcing the liquid into Jin's veins, the young boy let out a high pitched scream, he felt like he was being torn apart before he out once more. Just before he heard the man muttered. 

"Monster" 

'He was right, I do deserve this' was the last thing Jin though before he was overcome by darkness. 

Jin struggled to open his eyes but once they were opened he quickly closed them again since the light was too bright for his eyes to cope with, he attempted to cover his eyes but was unable to move. Jin slowly opened his eyes this time allowing them enough time to adjust to the light, once his eyes adjusted he saw that he was strapped to a metal bed. 

The memories from the last few days hit him like a train as he remembered his parents' death, the man and the syringe filled with some strange type of liquid. 

"So you are finally awake" a voice said, Jin turned his head to his right to see the man who was behind his painful torture. 

"I am glad to see you are awake monster" the man said before he added "well we were going to let you sleep whilst we continued but since you are now awake... let's begin" the man said before Jin could process what was happening, the man the hose on and pointed it in the direction of Jin's face, water poured into Jin's mouth. 

"Now don't struggle, this is just to test to see whether you are able to breathe underwater, I know throwing you into a pool would be easier but there is a chance you would be able to swim which would ruin our experiment plus this is so much better" the man said as Jin started to struggle. 

'Please... someone... help' Jin thought as he felt the water being poured on to his face and into his mouth, Jin felt like he was drowning and carried on struggling. He wanted to scream but that allowed more water access to his mouth and throat. Jin was not breathing, after a few minutes the hose was turned off allowing Jin to spit the water out and gasp for air he needs to survive.

"So despite having the elemental ability to control water you are unable to breathe underwater yourself" the man said as he noted it down. A couple of his henchman took the restrains hold Jin down, he could feel some of the broken bones all over his arms and legs as they lift Jin up, he felt his knees buckled. 

"Take him back to his cell where the other monsters are" the man ordered but Jin could not hear him since his ears were ringing painfully, there were spots in his vision as the darkness claimed him for the third time.

The third time Jin awoke he was back in his cells and pain tore through his body, it felt like lightning had struck his chest, he wanted to massage the painful area but his arms were broken which prevent him. 

'Do I deserve what is happening to me, maybe... I do... I killed my parents' Jin through, he wanted to cry but his eyes had no tears left, he just lay on the ground hurting physically, emotionally and psychologically. He laid there for what felt like hours until a henchman came into his cell whilst grabbing his hair and pulled Jin out, it hurt but Jin's voice sore and he was unable to scream. 

They passed by several other cells which held people which abilities who were suffering as well, most of them were crying. There were children who were younger than Jin being comforted by the elder children. 

'How many people have they done this too?' Jin thought to himself as he was placed on another chair. The henchman who had dragged him here shoved a pill into Jin's mouth and forced him to swallow before he checked my mouth to make sure it was gone. 

The tiredness Jin had felt was suddenly gone which made the young boy nervous. 

'What did they do to me?' Jin thought as his personal torturer entered. 

"Well... monster... I am so proud of how you been handling all our experiments" the man said, Jin just spat at the man. He glared at Jin before headed closer to him then he raised his hand slapped Jin hard right across the face, it was going to leave a bruise on Jin's face. 

"Enjoy that monster" the man said wiping the spit from his face then left the boy alone. 

Jungkook ran after the van but he was not fast enough, the vans had faded into the distance making it impossible to follow. Hoseok started shaking, his eyes were turning a mixture of red and orange whilst a dark red silhouette surrounded the boy’s frame, the fire sparked from his hands as he turned to face the safe house which was meant to protect them. 

“AHHH” Hoseok screamed as he ran straight towards the house and started throwing fireballs at it. Yoongi was on his knees as he watched his boyfriend going on a destructive rampage, he could not find any energy to stand up and stop him. The scene of Jimin and Taehyung being captured and thrown into one of the vans was on a permanent loop in his mind. 

Jungkook walked back down the path straight towards of one of their enemies who had been apart of kidnapping his boyfriend and best friend, the man was slightly conscious, he lent down and then wrapped his arm around the man’s neck. Pure hatred was present in the Maknae’s eyes as he started to squeeze tightly, the man started struggling as he clawed at Jungkook’s arm in an attempt to release his throat but Jungkook was too strong. 

Namjoon rushed over to Jungkook and pulled the younger boy off the man, the man fell to the floor gasping for air. Jungkook tried to peel Namjoon off him but was unable to, Namjoon pushed Jungkook towards the others. Yoongi was still on his knees but being comforted by Hoseok who had achieved his goal of setting the safe house on fire whilst Jin stood frozen behind them.

“Someone from the agency must have leaked the safehouse” Namjoon whispered so only they could hear.

“We cannot stay here” Hoseok said as he pulled Yoongi to his feet.

“Unit 4 and 7, we have sent reinforcements to your location to retrieve you, they should be with you in approximately 10 minutes” an unfamiliar voice crackled over the radio. 

Jin watched as the fire destroyed the infrastructure of the safe house, he felt Namjoon's arms wrap around his waist and pull him close. Namjoon buried his face in Jin's neck and breathed in Jin's scent, he was a little shaken up with the whole situation but was trying to act brave for the others as Jungkook, Yoongi and Hoseok had just lost someone special whilst Namjoon still had Jin. 

'Release Me Jin'

'You know I will be able to help find Taehyung and Jimin'

'You need me to save them' 

'Only I can save them'

'Release me Now' 

'Jin release me' 

'Do it' 

'Now!' the screams of Jin's subconscious which caged the monster inside him filled his thoughts. 

Namjoon grabbed Jin's hand and pulled him along as they walked away from the blazing fire before the officials came to retrieve them, Agent Jang and his men were still unconscious on the ground. Hoseok wrapped an arm around Yoongi and Jungkook as he pulled the pair to his chest as they followed after Namjoon and Jin. 

They all vowed to rescue Jimin and Taehyung and they would destroy that organisation for all they had done to Jin and what they might do to Jimin and Taehyung. That organisation had messed with the wrong group of abilities and they would do anything to retrieve their missing members.