Chapter 1

Misfits

His eyes started glowing a vibrant pink, the walls of the house started to crumble, the water in the pipes burst out and an air bubble started forming around the young child which kept the oxygen in and kept everything else out.

"Stop, please" the child begged but nothing happened, his abilities refused to obey him. The house was falling apart anything lying underneath the rubble would be dead or slowing suffocating under everything. The air bubble which protected him was now disbursing leaving the crying child safe on top of the rubble of his once family home.

"I will never use them again" Seokjin swore to himself.

~14 years later~

Jin was sat against a wall watching his friends mess around with their abilities, even after the incident all those years ago Jin still ended up surrounded with abilities whether they were his own or not. Jin was a part of a group where every one of his friends has powers. The group consisted of 7 including himself. Their leader was Kim Namjoon who had super strength and disintegration and regeneration, Namjoon was also in a long-term relationship with Jin.

Then there was the grandpa of the group Min Yoongi he had enhanced senses which got on his nerves, Yoongi was also in a polyamorous relationship with Park Jimin and Jung Hoseok. Jimin was able to heal people and had empathy his abilities were a huge help when Namjoon, Jungkook or Taehyung accidentally injured themselves. Hoseok was a pyrokinesis which pleased Yoongi since he has a slight obsession with fire.

Jungkook and Taehyung were the last two of the group. Tae's ability suited his personality too well, Tae had super speed whilst having a hyper personality. Lastly, Jungkook could control electricity which has its positives and negatives like whenever he was extremely happy he would cut the power out by accident or if he was angry then the lights would constantly flicker.

Jin's ability was to control the elements and he had only used his ability once which was not willing and that was 14-years-ago. None of his friends was aware of his ability and he was trying to keep it that way. It was not that he did not trust his friends he just knew that they would not understand why he kept it a secret. That would force him to tell them what happened 14-years-ago, that was something that Jin was not prepared to tell.

"Jinnie watch" Namjoon shouted bring his boyfriend out of his thoughts. Jin turned to face Namjoon who was standing in front of him with a metal pole in his hand. Namjoon's hands started glowing a bright white and it caused the metal pole to start disintegrating in his hands. The remains were still floating in the air. Namjoon then pictured what he wanted the remains to form into in his mind before projecting the picture at the remains under his control, they started moving in the air until they reformed as a heart.

A small smile broke out on Jin's face before reaching up to the heart that Namjoon had made.

"It is beautiful, Joonie" Jin said cradling the heart in this arms, a grin appeared on Joonie's face showing his dimples off. Jin placed the metal heart in his bag before pushing himself off the floor and threw his arms around Namjoon's neck then proceed to kiss the boy senseless which Namjoon happily returned.

"Aw, why is Yoongi not like that with us" Jimin complained looking over Namjoon and Jin before turning to face Hoseok.

"Because he is not a sap like Namjoon" Hoseok replied before turning to face Yoongi who was leaning against the wall on the other side of the abandoned warehouse they were currently in. A pout appeared on Jimin's lips as he too turned to face Yoongi, Yoongi's eyes moved from Hoseok to Jimin then back to Hoseok.

"I can be a sap just not in front of people" Yoongi muttered whilst looking away from his boyfriends. A small giggle escaped Jimin's lips before he skipped over to Yoongi and planted a sloppy kiss on his boyfriend's cheek.

"I would pay to see Yoongi hyung act like a sap" Namjoon said once he finished making out with Jin, his arms were still wrapped around the elder's waist with his chin rested on top of Jin's head.

"Me too, me too" Tae shouted before he started running around the room like a manic, Jungkook's phone suddenly went off scaring all the boys in the room. Jungkook grabbed it and turned the alarm off which they set to alert them when it was time to go to should. The whole group let out a groan before grabbing their bags from the floor and headed towards the entrance to the warehouse.


The walk to school was a quick one, they had discovered the warehouse not long after they all had become friends apparently it was used for storage before the company who use to own it went bankrupt and has been abandoned ever since. The college they attended was quite small which meant there was a lower chance of the nearby warehouse being discovered or them being discovered using their abilities.

When they first started hanging out it did not take long before Tae had accidentally revealed his abilities since he was unable to stand still for more than a couple of seconds it was not long after they all revealed their own abilities to one another. At the beginning they had been kind of disappointed that Jin did not have any abilities but he had become a crucial element to the group, helping them control their abilities at the beginning.

The second they stepped into the school Yoongi started flinching even though they might be a small college there was still plenty of noise, both his boyfriends noticed the flinch and pressed their lips to Yoongi's cheeks which caused the boy to flush bright red. Today was defiantly going to be interesting.