Chapter 4

Misfits

'I failed. I promised myself I wouldn't use my ability again. I ended up hurting another innocent human being.' Jin scolded himself and looked at the others. Jimin was shaking while Yoongi and Hoseok comforted him. Jungkook was wearing a terrified expression while holding Tae in his arms. 'Not only that, I also scared my friends.....' Jin sighed and signalled Namjoon to let him go.

Namjoon did let him go. Tears threaten to fall as he remembered what happened years ago.

"Jinnie?" Namjoon said. His voice filled with confusion and worry. Jin looked at Namjoon while fighting the tears. "Umm.." It was so hard to control it.

"I'm sorry.......I have to go." Jin said practically running off in a random direction. Tears were spilling. 'I'm a monster.'

"Ji-!" Namjoon wanted to call and chase after his lover but something stopped him. The others watch in disbelief. Jin bailed on them? Why? Normally Jin would sit next to them, talk to them, and reassure them when they wanted to run away. Jimin could feel the emotion in the air since it was part of his empathy ability. Most of it was fear but there was a strange amount of guilt which was concentrated where Jin previously stood. He frowned. 

"Jiminie, what's wrong?" Yoongi questioned.

"Something's wrong. Jin......he was feeling......guilty. I don't know why though.....he doesn't have an ability...." Jimin told them confusion was clear in his voice as looked at his boyfriend.Namjoon sighed and grabbed his bag. 

"Maybe we'll see him at school tomorrow" he told the others who nodded and went home. But Jin was not at school the next day. Namjoon was worried. Lunchtime came and discussed what happened. Several words were exchanged on what they should do. 

"Do you guys realize that we don't know anything about Jin?" Taehyung told them. Their eyes widened. 

"What do you mean Tae?" Jungkook asked Tae. 

"Think about it. We only know his age and birthday. But what about his family? His life before we met?" The others were silent. Namjoon scolded himself he after...all is Jin's boyfriend.

"Let's ask a teacher where Jin's address is" Namjoon told them and they agreed. After getting the address, they went to the place, the house was in a rich part of town the building was three-stories high and children ranging from the age of 3 to 18 were playing outside. The group looked at one another each wondering whether they got the correct house but after Tae had doubled checked that they had entered the right street and the house in front of them was indeed Jin's home then approached the front door. They felt the eyes of others burning into the back of their heads but this did not put them off, they need to know what was wrong with Jin.

They rang the doorbell and a woman appeared, she was in her mid-forties, her clothes were quite simple a cream t-shirt and black jogging bottoms that were covered in paint splatter, this contrasted the type of neighbourhood the woman lived in. Yoongi introduced them. 

"Hello, ma'am we are friends of Jin. Are you his mother?". The woman shook her head and smiled. 

"I'm glad you came to visit. Jin is ill. Oh, I'm his foster mother. His parents died in an 'accident'. They were shocked but it did explain why Jin never spoke about his mother or father before. "You can come in. His room is upstairs on the right." they thanked her and went upstairs.

Namjoon was trying to keep his cool but his self-control was fading fast, the second his foot reached the top of the stairs he took off. He practically ran toward the door leaving the others behind and slammed the door open.

"JIN!" Namjoon shouted but before he entered the room he noticed an error in his ways, the room was not Jin's the lack of Mario plushes and that the room looked like a bomb had gone off in it was an obvious clue. A young boy looked over at Namjoon before raising his hand and pointed it in another direction.

"End of the hall, Mario stickered covered door you cannot miss it" the boy said, Namjoon thanked the boy before slowly closing the door behind him but with Namjoon track record the second the door closed the handle came off when Namjoon retracted his hand.

Yoongi watched as the God of Destruction claimed another victim before he walked up to his best friend and hit him on the back of his head but Namjoon was not phased by it, he dropped the handle which narrowly missed Yoongi's toes and took off in the direction towards the Mario Sticker covered door.

"JIN!" Namjoon shouted barging through the door with Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook at the same time which caused the four to end up in a pile on the floor. 

Jin barely heard the commotion which was taking place in his room's doorway.  He was surprised to find the maknae line and Namjoon on his floor piled up. Poor Namjoon was underneath all three.

"Jin! are you alright?" all four shouted once their eyes landed on the older boy, Jin gave them all a small smile as Yoongi and Hoseok decided to make an appearance too. Yoongi grabbed Jimin and pulled him up whilst Hoseok helped Jungkook and Taehyung up, the second Namjoon was free he was at Jin's side. Pure worry was clear in his eyes and he checked Jin's temperature before grabbing the glass of water which was at Jin's bedside for the older boy to drink. Jin pressed his lips against Namjoon's cheek after he took a slip of the water.

"I am sorry, I worried you, it's just a small fever it should be gone in the next few days" Jin said trying to reassure his friends and boyfriend.

"But Jinnie, you never get sick" Namjoon stated.

"That's not true Joonie, I just don't get sick very often" Jin answered whilst the side of Namjoon's face in an attempted to calm the younger boy.