Chapter 7

Adilah

 

I welcome the feeling of softness beneath me. It's been a while since I slept like this. No worries, no problems just a nice ray of sunshine on my face. Wait what? I quickly open my eyes and sit up to be greeted by an unfamiliar room. There is no sunshine at this time of the year in the Equality pack. My heart starts to pick up. The events of last night are blurry in my mind. The Annual Ball, Benetha and Crimson. Where the hell am I?

 

"I see. So serious even in the morning."

 

I yelp and a familiar laughter makes its way from the right side of the room. I glare at the still laughing man and unconsciously check my clothing if they are still the same as last night. Thankfully they still are, or hell will break loose.

 

"Why am I here? Where is Benetha and Crimson?" My mind is now registering what is happening now. Last night wasn't a dream, it is more of a nightmare really. But look on the bright side, I am still alive and not in a creepy place but a rather in a luxurious bedroom with one of my kidnappers sitting casually on the other side of me. Surely there is an explanation to this which I will get no matter what. Before I escape that is.

 

"Demanding. That's nice."

 

"You didn't answer my question, Travis." I call his name in disgust. It's ironic that I am talking to a man face to face for the first time and it doesn't bother me at the most. I was already kidnapped,  how will this get any worse?

 

He finally decides to abandon his seat and stops in front of me. I may not have seen his face entirely last night, but his blue eyes and annoyingly deep voice are enough indication for me to be sure that this man is the same man from last night. He seems taller and leaner though than I imagined he would be yesterday. Every part of him are bigger than mine and sharper, especially his chiseled jaw. I know then that if I fight him it is not going to be as easy as when I fight back home. Now I learned how women are different than men, at least physically.

 

"I appreciate you hungrily staring at me, but you don't need to take it all in at once. I'll be accompanying you at all times starting today until he gets back. Just call me your very first boyfriend. " He extends his hand at my face. I ignore it.

 

I pretend that I know who the "he" that he is talking about and hop out of the bed, putting as much distance as I can from where he's at. "I don't need a boyfriend whatever that is and I am hungry for foodLastly, I also demand to go home right this instance." I cross my arms around me and stand tall as I can be. I am a future Luna, and I am going to get out of here with dignity.

 

"I believe that is not possible. We can eat breakfast though, stranger." His lips curl up in what I assumed is a smile. He seems to be not affected by any of what I just said. I am so glad that I didn't have to put up with a man in my 17 years of existence, because this one is infuriating me like no one else before.

 

"My name is Adilah, and I want to speak with the owner of this place right now!" I finally give up on talking to him.

 

"I'm sorry, but I think that is also not possible."

 

"Why not?" I am getting ready to punch him.

 

"Because the Alpha of the Eastern pack is currently away."

 

"I'm in the Eastern pack?!" I scream at him unbelievably.

 

"Welcome to the pack of sunshine! Want to eat some ice cream? We have the best one here, I promise."

 

I only stare at him blankly. Because first of all how did I get on the other side of the pack territory and what the heck is an ice cream?

***

A few more arguments and Travis has finally convinced me to comply and eat breakfast with him courtesy of my growling stomach. We are now in the kitchen downstairs and so far it looks like we are the only people in this big place. Not that I don't mind, I'm still not ready to face more males yet.  He is surprisingly a good cook also, making me a sweet thing which he called a pancake and he is now getting me an ice cream. He gave me a weird look earlier when I told him I don't know what a pancake is. I was also skeptical to eat so he tried it himself before I did.

 

"How can you not know what a pancake is?" He asked me offended a while ago. I told him that it is because we don't cook a lot in the Equality pack because most of our fire is used for heating. The stove is only reserved for special occasions like the council meetings.

 

"Butter and bread is all we have for breakfast." I said to him as I chewed my pancake like a hungry bear. He looked at me in pity and made me another one after that. I already can tolerate his presence, especially when he is cooking because he doesn't open his mouth a lot.

 

"Your ice cream is here." He puts down a cup on the kitchen counter where I am watching his every move (just in case he does something weird) and I tentatively pick it up only to jerk my hand back, "It's cold."

 

"That's why it has ice on its name." He motions for me to start eating as he gets his own cup.

 

I scoop a little bit and put in on my mouth. I hurriedly do the same action again with a bigger portion, "It's sweet." Are all their food sweet?

 

"Hence the word cream on it." He winks.

 

I roll my eyes at him and continue eating. He thankfully lets me eat at peace and just watch me amused.

 

It didn't take long for me to finish it. "So are you going to answer my questions now?" With my full stomach and the good food that I just ate I am ready to tackle the topic that we have left earlier.

 

"Don't want to humor me any further, huh. Okay let's make this simple. We are planning to integrate the society again, and you Adilah are going to help us do that."

 

I feel all the food that I just ate push themselves out of my belly, "And why the heck would I do that?" I stare at him intently just in case he is playing with me. I groan when I realize that he is telling the truth.

 

He considers for a moment before answering me. "Well... That's because you don't have a choice and you see my Alpha said so."

 

"What is your Alpha to me that I have listen to him?" I almost yell out that I am a future Luna and I don't take any orders from anyone, especially from an Alpha. But it would not be good if I give him any personal information about me.

 

"You don't know?" He hesitates but then shrugs and continue, "You're his mate. That is why you're in his place." The feeling like a bolt of lightning hitting me just went straight back on my spine. 

 

This situation could have not gone any worse.

***

Is it possible to be in love with your own character?