Chapter 18

Adilah

Adilah~

 

After a long goodbye to my mother, Cole and I are walking back to the car again to join the others. I told him everything,  and that we are going to the Justice pack next. He doesn't even question me and just agree to my astonishment, and take my hand instead. He is still holding it tightly. Maybe he was indeed listening to our conversation and thinks that I am distraught. I am stronger than that. I'm going to clear our names and expose Samirah, even if that's the last thing I do.

 

As we round a thick pile of snow, everyone is there waiting. The car's top is now covered with white flakes.

 

"Finally. I thought we are going to get buried here alive before you come back." Crimson sticks her head out the window. She's giddy to know what happened, while Benetha is waiting for us outside of the car not bothered by the cold. "So, what did Luna say?"

 

I remove some of the snow from my hair to calm myself. I motion for her to go inside the car and Cole and I hop in too, this time I decide to sit on the passenger side and Travis goes to Alexander.

 

"Bad news?" The Alpha of the West asks when I turn to them.

 

"Good and bad. Samirah did a live broadcast of announcing us traitors which means everyone will know that we are wanted. The good news is this." I show them the seal of the Equality pack that my mother gave me. Benetha gasps. "Mother said we need to go to the Justice pack and talk to Luna Faith for her to help us."

 

Waiting for their reaction, I only notice Alexander's sour expression then he focuses outside.

 

"Since we need Justice, I think we can do that." Crimson agrees and the rest nod except for the one who is still looking outside.

 

"Lander?" Cole is the one who catches his attention. He stares at the guy with a little bit of worry. Is there something between the Justice pack and the West?

 

"Let's go. I'm pretty sure she's going to do something about this." The male just answered.

 

"You know Faith?" Travis asks curiously.

 

"Yeah." I raise my eyebrow at him, and he dismisses me. "She was a friend."

 

Was? But I don't inquire further. I'm not nosy, and it's quite obvious that he doesn't like to talk about it. I straighten myself and face the front as Cole starts the car. We are going to the Justice pack, and I just hope that they won't arrest us there. I make a mental note to keep the seal in my hands the whole way to there.

 

***

 

The Justice pack is the epitome of its name. All of the court trials and laws passed in the territory are done here. If the Liberty pack is the center of the economy, the Justice pack is the center of the government in our land. No wonder Luna Faith is so matured even though she's the youngest Luna. We stopped again at the gates and we did the same thing in the Liberty pack, with Cole's status as an Alpha we arrived at Faith's estate safely. We, three girls, keep our hood on for we are still branded criminals. I observe the whole place. It's not my first visit here, but a lot has changed. Unlike our humble home, the Luna of the Justice pack lives in a big mansion that almost looks like a castle. It might be even bigger than Alexander's property.

 

"She still hasn't changed. " I hear Alexander whispers as he stays behind us to watch our back. Eventually, we are stopped by two uniformed guards, each with a gun on their waists. "Do you have an appointment?" One of them questions in a monotone voice, I bet she has asked it a thousand times.

 

"We need to see Faith." Cole answers for us and presents his card. The guards don't bother to take it. "I believe she's busy." They leave to return to their posts.

 

"Wait!" Both turn to me now, a little shaken that I have such a feminine voice. Right, I forgot that I need to act as one of Cole's guards. But it's too late. They already recognize me and pull out their guns. Cole immediately blocks my line of sight.

 

"Adilah Hane, put your hands in the air and surrender. All of you!" She steps forward and Cole growls. This is going to get ugly, so I grab Cole's arm to calm him down. We are not here to fight. "I'll surrender," I tell them.

 

Crimson nudges me from behind, "Are you crazy?" She hiss.

 

"It's the only way we can get to Faith." They call more guards to shackle all of us. I make sure that Cole is under control for he looks ready to pounce anyone at any moment. "It's okay." I mouth to him, and he follows unsurely.

 

"Adilah and Crimson you are hereby arrested for treason. You have the right to remain silent and everything you say can be --"

 

"Used against you by the court of the law. We get it, so let's go." I smile and shake my head. Crimson is really herself no matter the situation is.

***

 

We are dragged inside. Everything in the building is made of marbles and white. The tiles and walls are almost the same, and portraits of the previous Lunas are hanging from either side. We stop in front of the door at the very end, the guard who is holding me knock on it. A soft hustle inside then it finally open. The Luna greets us with a stoic smile. "What do we have here?" She scrutinizes each one of us under her thick lashes, lingering a little longer to the Alpha of West who somehow stayed quiet the whole time we walked here his face impassive.

 

"We found them outside looking for you, Luna." Faith opens the door wider and invites us to come in. The one with me pushes me hard causing me to stumble.

 

"You watch it!" Cole struggles by my side, ready to rip off the guard who only backs away in fear.

 

Faith keeps it still like nothing happened. "How cruel. Another one?" Alexander takes a deep breath, "Cruel indeed." He smirks, but he's somehow irritated. Faith ignores him, "What brings you all here? I've never heard of a wanted fellow turn himself voluntarily before. "

 

"Mother sent me here."

 

"She did?"

 

I shrug away the guard from me and reach into my pocket to show her the seal. She leans on her desk, "I see. She's putting me in a tough spot."

 

"How so? You are not the one who is branded as a traitor. " Crimson bits back.

 

"Crimson, dear you don't know Samirah."

 

"And you do? You're only 4 years older than us." Faith straightens herself again and observes us. Her brown eyes, almost orange in color, hold so much depth in them. There's no arguing that even though she's only a couple of years older than us she has seen enough to be a judge. And I think is one.

 

"I'd like to talk to you two alone. Bring the rest to the holding area." I turn to the others in a panic.

 

"Don't worry,  I'm not as cruel as you think I am. You can remove all their shackles and make sure that no word about this will come out." All of the guards voice their agreement and do as she says. I rub my wrists when mine is removed and tingles shot around as strong hands surround it.

 

"Will you be alright?" Cole's eyes are filled with worry. I smile and step back a little, "Don't worry.  Thank you for helping us even though you didn't have to."

 

His perfect eyebrows inch upward, "What do you mean? You're my mate I'll do anything for you. "

 

"Ahem." Travis sticks himself between us. "I appreciate this romantic atmosphere in this dire moment, but I think it's better if we save it later for our happy ending." Cole pushes his friend away while I roll my eyes. The guy hasn't changed a bit.

 

"Shout if you need us." He says to me one last time and follows the others to the door.

 

"I'll see you later, Faith. " Alexander is the one who shuts the door.

 

"What's with the two of you?" I can't help but ask once the three of us are alone.

 

"Who knows? Why don't the two of you make yourself at home."

 

"Can you help us clear our names?" Crimson inquires almost instantly after plopping herself down on one of the chairs beside the desk and I sit next to her. Faith walks to her seat and settles down.

 

"It depends on how much you are willing to risk." She crosses her fingers together.

 

"Risk?"

 

"To clear your name you need to expose Samirah, and the only way to do that is for the two of you to sneak into the Hope pack."

 

Crimson frowns at the idea, "It's impossible. There are a lot of guards there. Heck, most of our military is there. I'm pretty sure once we get caught we are going straight to the dungeon."

 

"I know. That's why we need a distraction." Faith sounds bored of all this. Well, it doesn't affect her anyway.

 

"Distraction? " It's my turn to frown.

 

"A big one."

 

"How?" I ask.

 

"Cole is going to be put on trial for the kidnapping."

 

I quickly stand on my sit, "You can't do that!"

 

"Why? It's true that he was the one responsible for it." She seems like she's enjoying my reaction. I know I shouldn't act like this, but the idea of Cole in danger doesn't sit well with me.

 

"He did it with good intentions," I argue.

 

"It's still against the law and you don't have another choice." I am going to fight back again but Crimson grabs my arm.

 

"We need to do it, he'll understand. After this, we'll help him." Bile rises up in my throat. I know that he'll definitely to do it for me even if I don't ask him to, but if this goes wrong we are all screw. It's not fair for Crimson though if I refuse.

 

"Sometimes you just got to pick what's the worse of the worst. That's what a Luna does, Adilah. How much are you willing to risk?"

 

I inhale deeply, knowing that I can hate myself forever for this. "Okay. But this plan needs to succeed, there's no room for failure. "

 

Faith gives us a satisfied nod, "It's about time to start a revolution again."

 

I don't want a revolution at all. I just want all of us to be safe and be ourselves again. I hope that is not too much to ask.

 

***

Chapter 18! Sorry for the errors. I have the time so why not? Update ♡