Space

Rekindled Flame
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jong Hyun lies down in bed with the weight of his head supported on his hands, deep in thought. The last thing he expected himself to do, introspect.

'Sometimes I ask myself if I really like Solar or Lisa... Okay let's add Jennie to the list even though she's just barely even human Hmmm... I wouldn't say that I don't like her, she's a great package, she's cool, she's pretty, she's got great self esteem and ahem she's got a really nice body too I'll have to admit. She's really playing it hard though, even if she did want me she'd never admit, wait? Wasn't that what I liked about her? Hmmm... Lisa... I feel a little terrible right now, I really can't handle rejection very well... If only she hadn't rejected me...'

Suddenly Jong Hyun finds him rolling around the sheets and squeezing a pillow .

' Stupid Jong Hyun! You kissed her maybe that's why she rejected you... So lame, she readily accepted Ricky though... Ahhh~ you can't be jealous of your own friend? Come on Changjo that isn't like you. Well I did ignore Joe for so long cause I was jealous... Which is horrible from my part. Solar was the perfect girlfriend... She was cute, she was chaste, she actually returned my reciprocated feelings and made me feel like I was loved. Three years with her felt like a lifetime now everything feels barren,'

He sighs in  between.

"She said she's coming back to Seoul right? What if I ask her out again? Will she take me back or would she be repulsed by the way I behaved and did things after she left for Japan. Ughhh this is killing me! Too many thoughts in my head! I need a break.'

Jong Hyun threw the sheets and got out of bed. He made his way to the kitchen to grab some canned beer, just when he reached out for it he paused, 'I already have a mild headache better not make it worse' and  for the first time in a long time he grabbed a carton of milk "Choi Jong Hyun we need to talk," his sister said from behind, seated on one of the chairs by the  dining table drinking juice.

"Okay... Noona... What are you doing here first of all... And what do you wanna talk about?" Yumi chuckled at how straightforward he was.

"You seem really bothered, won't you tell Noona about it? You forget that you have an older sister to look to for advice."

Jong Hyun scratched the nape of his neck, not because he was embarrassed but because he didn't know where to start. There was a lot of things he'd been bottling up and clearly that made his lose his composure at times.

"Well I'll be honest, I don't really know where to start."

"From the very beginning," she said and smiled from across the room.

"It's about Solar-"

"No it isn't,"

"Lis-"

"For how long do you plan on lying to yourself? There's something you're not telling me, form the very beginning Jong Hyun, and when I say that I mean it,"

There was determination in her eyes and there was no way he could back out now, this was a woman of strong will, her boyfriend was lucky to have her, how he wished he could find someone like her himself, but with his bad karma adding up there's no way in the world he'd find a perfect girl he presumes.

"In sixth grade-" Yumi cut him off when she stood up abruptly and clapped once, "That's what I wanted to hear, oh never mind me carry on," Jong Hyun gave her a rather confused nod followed by a small unsure smile before proceeding.

"Well in sixth grade there was this girl, she was cute... A little nerdy for my liking, I want

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter