002

Cold as Ice

Cracked Phones and Warm Hearts

"" Jeongmin yawns and quickly gets up from her bed, she was kinda late for her class because she didn't have her phone as an alarm. She did her usual morning routine and went downstairs to the empty house. She sighs sadly and walks out of the house and locks the door.

She walked to the coffee shop yesterday and ordered an Iced Americano. After she got her drink, she went to her sitting spot yesterday in hopes to find her phone but it was nowhere to be seen. She wasn't planning to stay nor wanting to ask the workers there so she left the shop in a quick pace to her college.

"Oh MIN! HEY!" Jeongmin rolled her eyes at that voice, "What do you want Seokmin?" she stops walking and face the guy. He grins and rubs the back of his head, "Uh.. can i borrow your notes? I was absent yesterday" he stutters. Jeongmin grumbles and took out her yesterdays notes from her bag and handed it to him. Without saying goodbye, she left him there and went to her class.

"Thank you!!!" Seokmin shouts from the distance.

Jeongmin walked furiously to the alley yesterday after her class ended. "That jerk" she whispers under her breath. She looks around it and found nothing, she breath deeply and kicked a nearby trashbin and walks away after that. She walked inside the building she went yesterday again, not forgotting that her dad told her to do so yesterday night.

She was about to enter the elevator when a body slides infront of her and facing her, stopping on her tracks. She glares at the person, "You again? What do you want fgs" she clutched her hair in frustration. Wonwoo hummed and pulled out something from his back pocket, her phone.

"Wha- where did you get that?!" she was fuming in anger and trying to reach out for her phone but it was out of her reach. "Give it back you jerk!" she shouted softly, don't want to atract any attention from the workers there. She huffed and gave up, "Give it back to me" she warns coldly. Wonwoo smirked when the girl gave up, "Or else?" he leans closer towards her. She squints her eyes at him and puffed her cheeks. She pushed him away from her, "Whatever. Do whatever you want"

Jeongmin walks away from him towards the staircase, "Damnit dad's office is like 7 floors away" she tied her hair up into a ponytail and began her adventure for the 7 flight of stairs.

When she enters her father's room, there was 3 guys sitting at the sofa inside the room that includes her brother, Jeonghan. She rolls her eyes at them and went towards her father, "What is it now dad?" she said softly, don't want those 3 guys to know. She sat down infront of her father and sigh, her legs sore from the journey upstairs, "I should really workout sometimes" she mumbles and blew the strand of hair that was covering her face.

"I've made up my mind" her father responds.

"Dad, if it's about working here I don't want to hear anything about it right now" she was about to get up but her father interupts her. "Min please let me explain first" he pleaded. Jeongmin scoffed but let's her father explain anyways. "You really should work here and you still can pursue your dream to be a journalist or writer whatever you want"

"Really dad?!" she leans up from her sitting position in excitement, not caring the weird looks from the guys behind her.

One particular guy, Wonwoo stares at her back. From her long soft hair in a ponytail to her slender neck. He gulps and quickly invert his attention elsewhere when she caught him staring.

Jeongmin felt a burning sensation at her back, she turned back to look at the guys and her eyes stop at Wonwoo and glared at him. She turned back to her father, "Thank you so much dad! I won't disappoint you" she got up to give her dad a hug, "Dad, I miss mommy" a tear fell from her eye but she quickly wipes it away and pulls away from the hug, "and I'm sorry dad.." she looks down.

"Don't be sorry dear. Go meet your mom later, aight?" Mr. Yoon pats her daughter back. "Who are they?" Jeongmin pointed to the 2 guys sitting with her brother. "They're Jeonghan's friends, their dads are also my friend from another company. We're like a joint company or family company you can say it" her father shrugs his shoulders and sat down.

Jeongmin walks towards the door, receiving glances from her bother and his friends. She stops and glares at them, "what?" she said monotoned. "Min be nice" her father warned. She rolled her eyes and walks out of the room. "Sorry about her boys..she's a bit.. harsh" Mr. Yoon stated with a laugh.

"It's fine uncle" a guy, kinda tanned replied. "Bro, your sister's kinda hot" he whispers to Jeonghan. Jeonghan glared at him and smacked his shoulder, "Shut up gyu"

Wonwoo excused himself from them and went out to follow the girl.

"Wait there little girl" Wonwoo placed his hand on Jeongmin's shoulder to stop her. Jeongmin shrugged off his hand, "What now?!"

"Don't you want this back?" he placed her phone up. "What's the reason to get it back when you're not even giving it to me?" she laugh sarcastically. "You have a point there" Wonwoo nodded in agreement and handed her phone to her. When she was about to take it from his hands, he purposely dropped it, "Opps my bad" he sarcastically apologize.

She bends down and picks up her cracked phone and stormed away from him. Wonwoo scoffed and smirked, "Serves you right"

He took out his also cracked phone and sigh, "I did you good deed baby" he said to his 'baby' aka phone. He stares at the girl further away, curious on where she's going. In curiously, he followed her.

Jeongmin enters the cemetry and walks to her mother's section, "Mom I'm here.." she started to sob. "I bought you flowers.. and I wrote a poem about you" she smiles sadly. "Mom I wish you were still here, I miss your cooks, your hugs, your kisses" Jeogmin sobbed hard, letting tears fall down her face. She spent a few more minutes admiring her mom's pictures, talking to her.

From a distant, Wonwoo was looking at the girl. A pang on his heart as he felt bad at the scene infront of him. He walks away and waits for her at the entrance.

Jeongmin said her goodbyes to her mom and walks out, wiping away her tears from her face, her eyes puffy and red from all the crying.

"Uh hey" Wonwoo calls out for her and taps her shoulder, "Seriously?" she glares at him, feeling annoyed.

"I wanna say sorry.. really from the bottom of my heart.." he said sincerely. Jeongmin sighed, too tired to argue with him, "It's Jeongmin..you can go now" she said softly which warms the man's heart. "W-wait.. at least let me buy you a drink or a new phone maybe?" he stops in front of her.

"No..really it's fine.." she stops when she realize that she didn't get his name yet.


"Wonwoo"

"It's fine Wonwoo..I'm tired and I want to go home" she walks away from him while clutching on her bag tightly. Wonwoo sighed and glance at the girl with sad eyes.