001

Cold as Ice

FIRST ENCOUNTER

Jeongmin walked to the oh-so-familiar building, clutching her Macbook close to her chest. The air blowing past her making her long hair flows in every direction. She comb her hair trying to get it back in place and groaned when it doesn't even help.

She's wearing a pair of skinny jeans and a plain white shirt underneath her denim jacket. She enters the building and the workers immediately recognize her, they bowed and smile politely at her and she returns it with a small smile before rushing to the elavator to her father's office.

Before the elavator door closes, a hand trying to open it back. The person rushed inside with a pant and huffed and Jeongmin couldn't care less. She just stare into space wondering why has her father called her in a middle of a peaceful writting session at the library. She scoffed slightly which receives a glance from the man not far away beside her. Jeongmin didn't even care to look at him, he looks at her in confusion and shrugs.

Jeongmin loves writing, from short poems to stories. Anything. It's her passion.

"urgh he smells so damn strong" She thought while puffing her cheeks. All this while, the man beside her was spying her actions. "Cute" he mutters under his breath and smirked. Jeongmin heard what he said and turns to give him a cold stare. The man wore a black blazzer with green stripes, underneath it is a white dress shirt and a green necktie. The elavator stops and the door slide opens. Jeongmin quickly walks out of it leaving the man behind in dazed.

Jeongmin enters her father's office and seated in front of him was none other than, Yoon Jeonghan, her brother. She move to seat next to him, "What is it dad" she asked with a cold tone. Her father sighs, "Min.. I know you're still upset but please I'm trying my best to make you happy" her father said in a soft and caring tone. She scoffed.

Does she hates her father? No. It's just hard for her to adapt.. to put everything back in place.

"I'm fine dad"

Jeonghan who sat next to her looked down and sighed deeply. "But seriously dad... what's your REAL point on calling me here?" she continues. Her father took a deep breath, "I want you to work with me after you graduate"

Jeongmin slams her palms on the table and stands, "Dad no! You know how much I love writing! I want to publish my own book and be a succesful writer. You can't just smash my dreams like that! You said you want to make me happy but you make it worst!" she shouted at her dad furiously. "Min calm down" her father trying to calm her down but she kept on throwing words

"No dad no! You can't tell me what to do! For God sakes I'm 24! I can take care of myself!"

"Jeongmin!" her father shouted warningly at her. Out of patient, he stands up ready to hit her. Jeongmin flinch but Jeonghan quickly stood infront of his sister, "Dad stop..take a deep breath dad"

Mr. Yoon took a deep breath and sigh before sitting down, cluthcing the side of his head with his fingers. Jeonghan turns to his little sister caress the top of her head in a soothing manner. Jeongmin is in verge of tears, she pushed her brother away slightly before storming out of the room with her Macbook in hand.

She slams the door shut but immediately bumps herself into someone, "This smell again" she thought, the man from the elavator earlier. He was on his phone before someone decide to bump into him causing his expensive smartphone to drop and crack. Jeongmin was too annoyed to help, "Watch where you're going dickhead" with that she walks away furiously.

"Dickhead? seriously?" he scoffed and squats down to pick up his broken phone, "didn't even help nor said sorry..what a " he said before standing up again to stare at the girl's back, walking furiously and fast making her long hair flows to the back. He shook his head before walking to the room where she had left before.

He enters the room and bowed politely and the man sitting behind the table and also at his best friend.

"Oh Jeon Wonwoo-ssi you're here"

Jeongmin ran to the woman's washroom in the building, she locks the door and stares at her own reflection in the mirror before letting her tears flows down freely. She stayed there for a great 15 minutes before splashing her face with water. She unlocks the door and went outside.

She walks out of the building and went to the nearest cafe that is less crowded and relaxing. She ordered her drink and went to sit at the most back corner beside the window, she placed her laptop on the table and power it on and continue to do her works and assignments.

She didn't realised that it's been more than 3 hours she's been sitting there until a guy came up to her, an oh-so-familiar guy. "Wow, expensive coffee shop, expensive laptop, expensive clothes, expensive stuffs. Why don't you buy a new phone for me?"

Jeongmin didn't bother to look up, she just continues to type on her laptop, "Why don't you buy it yourself, you look expensive too" she siad coldly and scoffed. "Feisty huh?" he sat down infront of her and took a sip of his coffee. Jeongmin slams her laptop shut and rolled her eyes before getting up to leave. "Woa woah.. not so fast girl. I'm not done with you" he holds her wrist preventing her from leaving. "Don't touch me" she hissed while releasing his grip from her wrist. "Well guess what? I'm done with you" she pours her drink on him, "There you go an expensive coffee for an expensive guy"

Wonwoo gasped when the cold liquid driping down on him, "How dare she" he got up to chase for the girl. He steps out from the coffee shop and looked around him for the said girl and finally spotted her, he ran towards her direction furiously. "She just did not ruin my favorite dress shirt" he hissed.

When he was near her, "YAH! COME BACK HERE" he shouted for her but the girl didn't even look back yet she fastened her pace. "Trying to escape huh?" he smirks. He grabs her wrist and dragged her to a quiet alley, "What?" she said totally annoyed by his pressence. "You have extra stuff to pay here" he smirks widely. "I don't care!" she pushed him away hard making him stumbled back. She ran away from him totally oblivious of her phone dropping next to Wonwoo's feet.

Wonwoo rubbed his chest, "Ouch..she's a hard one" he looks down and noticed a phone. Her phone. He bends to pick it up and smirked, 'Nice"

"Seriously why is everyone making my life hard!" Jeongmin groaned in frustration. She was at home, in her room. She searched for her phone inside her sling bag but found nothing, she fished her pocket but still nothing. She roamed her hands around her study table, nothing. "" she whimpered, finally realizing something.