Chapter 17

Cold as Ice

Future

Jeongmin didn't sleep at all last night and here she was packing her last few stuffs into her luggage at 4 in the morning. She yawns tiredly, "Maybe I should sleep a little"

She jolts awake when her alarm rang, " I'm late" she rushes to the bathroom and clean herself. Put a pair of jeans and an oversized hoodie and went downstairs with her luggage. "Good morning" Jeonghan greets her. "Morning" she said back before grabbing a protein bar and gulping a glass of milk. Jeonghan stares at her unbelievably, "You ready?" Jeongmin nods.

"Here we are" Jeonghan help her with her luggage. "I guess this is it huh?" she said tearfully. "Hey don't cry" Jeonghan pulls her to him and hugs her. "Why am I still hoping?" she sobbed. "Go.. you're late for your flight... T-there's no time to wait for him, Min" Jeonghan urges her. She nods her head defeatedly. "Bye"

"See you sis" Jeonghan ruffles her hair. She walks to the boarding gate before turning around to wave one last time at her brother.

Minutes later, a car zoomed behind Jeonghan's car and two man got out of it. "Wait!"

"You're too late Wonwoo" Jeonghan exclaims. "! No!"

"She has boarded the plane" Jeonghan said calmly.

3 years later

"OMG MIN YOU'RE BACK!" Jeonghan screamed making people at the airport look at them. "Shut up.. you're embarrasing me" Jeongmin hit his shoulder.

"You friggin glow up girl! Lemme hear your accent!" he said excitedly. "I swear if you don't shut up and bring me home now Imma pour this water on your beautiful face" she said while holding up the water bottle on her hands. "Gosh.. chill girl" he blew up some air.

Jeonghan drived the both of them home and Jeongmin rushes inside leaving her luggage to Jeonghan who grunts at his sister's behaviour.

"Dad I'm home!!!" she went to her dad and hugged him tight. "Go prepare yourself. Your handsome dad is cooking today" he urges her to her room.

 

Jeongmin went downstairs and heard Jeonghan and her dad whispering to each other, "She's not supposed to know about this dad" she heard Jeonghan said to her dad. "At the end of the day she will kno-"

"Know what?" she walks into the kitchen and saw her brother holding a card. She walks to him and snatched it away from him, "Min wait-"

She opens it and saw the content. "Jeon Wonwoo and Kim Minjung huh?" she smiled bitterly. "Surprisingly it's tomorrow"

"Great timing" she smirks. "Anyways handsome dad and brother, let's eat?" she said happily. Both Jeonghan and their dad stares at her weirdly.

 

The next morning Jeongmin woke up early and get dressed. She went downstairs and made a simple breakfast. Jeonghan gave her a look, "Why are you dressed up so early?"

"Aren't we going to Wonwoo's and Minjung's weeding?"

Jeonghan sighs, "Are you sure Min?"

"Of course! He's my friend right"

The three of them got ready and went to the wedding ceremony. They arrived and Jeongmin took a deep breath before entering. They sat at the second row alongside Mingyu. When Mingyu saw Jeongmin, his jaw dropped. "Bro close your mouth" Jeonghan warns him. "Yo man she looks different..like more prettier"

"Don't say that to her because she almost beat me up for saying that"

Mr. Yoon nudges them to keep quiet. Jeongmin who sat next to the aisle looks up and saw Wonwoo standing there nervously, "He still doesn't notice me" she whispered to herself. She looks down at her lap, biting her lips to prevent herself from crying. When they announce the arriving of the bride, they all stood up. Jeongmin looks at Minjung who smiles widely, she's so pretty

She then turns her attention to Wonwoo who had the same expression as Minjung bad move

When Wonwoo sense someone staring at him he turn to her and his eyes widen. Jeongmin quickly looks down. All the way Jeongmin was deaf, even through the 'I do's' and the kissing and the cheering of 'Congratulations'

Her body was there but not her soul. Her dad nudges her and she quickly stood up. Someone taps her from behind and she turns around and saw Mingyu, "Ming-gyu?"

"Yeah Min" he winked. "Cocky as ever" she said while rolling her eyes at him. She felt a presence behind her and she turns around to saw Minjung and Wonwoo. She quickly moves away from them and went behind Mingyu slowly. Wonwoo kept her gaze at her who was looking down at her feet. "Congrats bro!" Mingyu said to the newlyweds. Jeongmin took a deep breath and finally looks up, "Congrates Wonwoo, Minjung" she smiled at them. "Thanks Jeongmin" Minjung smiled at her. Jeonghan's eyes widen, "Y-you know me?"

"Of course I do!" she jokingly smacks Jeongmin's shoulder. "U-oh"

"Uh.. Mingyu, J-Jeongmin.. come to our reception tonight okay" Wonwoo awkwardly invited them, "Of course bro! See you later" Mingyu said excitedly. When they left, Mingyu turns to Jeongmin, "Long time no see. You're getting pretty"

Jeongmin nods, "Yeah.. I get that a lot"

"Mingyu" she looks up at him. "Yeah?"

"Am I crazy if I said I haven't move on" she said with tears in her eyes. "Hey hey don't cry" Mingyu wipes her tear. "You have me" he hugs her which took her off guard.

 

author's note

gosh it took me ages to finally have the courage to write. I'm so sorry guys for the late update. I may end this story soon..maybe 1 more chapter?