010

Cold as Ice

"It hurts"

"You still remember the first time we met?" Wonwoo asked Jeongmin who sat next to him. "Yeah.. I poured a cup of coffee on you" she laughed at the thought of their first encounter. "You know what makes me fall for you?" he turn to her and she shrugs.

"All of you" he whispers close to her ears. There was a chilling silence before Jeongmin laugh and nudge him away, "You cheesy prick"

"Wonwoo.. I really don't know. How about Mingyu? How about all of this" she groaned. "I don't know man.." he sighed. "He's been a great friend of mine" he continued.

Jeongmin stared blankly, "Let me talk to him" she got up and kissed Wonwoo's cheek, "I'll be back" she winked. There's a pink shade visible on Wonwoo's cheek and he touched the spot where she kissed him with a stupid smile on his face.

Jeongmin and Mingyu sat opposite to each other in a coffee shop. Jeongmin played lazily with her cup while Mingyu stared at her, waiting for her to talk. She took a deep breath, "Mingyu.. I bet our engagement date is not that far from now" she looked up at him, "Let me ask you something. Do you really want this?"

Mingyu smirked, "I mean why not right?" Jeongmin scoffed, "I'm serious Mingyu"

Mingyu let out a sigh, "Fine.. at first I really don't want this but after knowing it's you.. I don't know my heart suddenly says yes"

"but i don't like you" Jeongmin sulked.

"I know! You like Wonwoo hyung! Gosh" he slams his palm on the table in frustration. Jeongmin frowned, "What is wrong with you Mingyu"

"I don't know" with that he got up and leave furiously leaving Jeongmin sitting there in daze.

That night Jeongmin can't sleep, she's all alone. Her dad, maybe still at work maybe went drinking. Her brother, hanging out with friends. Then an image went into her mind and she started shaking, '" she breathes out. She quickly got up with wobly steps to get her pills. Here comes the depression and anxiety pills again

With shaky hands she tried to open the bottle of pills and got a few of it before plopping it into . She started to shake more and the bottle fell down from her hands. She fell along with it and starts coughing.

She started shaking and crying, "Mom I miss you"

Flashback

A 4 years old Yoon Jeongmin happily skipped on the streets with her mom and brother. Both of them held tightly on each side of her hands.

"Jenghan, you bring Minnie across the streets okay? Mommy's gonna buy some stuffs. Be careful" her mom said softly to them before placing a kiss to their foreheads. Jeonghan nodded, 'Minnie let's go" he said before tightening his grip on his little sister's hand.

They waited for their mom to come. Their mother glanced on the other side of the street and smiled knowing that her kids managed to cross the streets safely. Little Jeongmin waved at her mom and giggled. Her mom waved back at her cute little daughter and mouths, "Mommy's gonna be there soon"

When her mom done buying her stuffs, she skidded across the streets happily, excited to show her kids what she had bought until she doesn't realise that a car is zooming fast on the streets and hit her.

Jeonghan heard a crash and looked at the streets. he saw a woman was hit by a car, her mom. "Mommy!" he quickly rush to the scene leaving Jeongmin behind.People started to crowd around the scene. Some people calling for help, but it's too late.

Jeongmin hugged her teddy bear close to ther and walked slowly where her brother had went. "Hmm?"

"Mommy?" she pushed past the people around and crouched next to her mom. "Mommy..blood"

Jeonghan glanced at his sister and quickly hugged her covering her eyes. "Mommy!" she cried out.. "No mommy you promised to give me something!" she shouted.

End of flashback

She scooted tiredly towards her drawer, too shaky to move. She pulled out something from her drawer and tugged it closer to her chest, she started to sob again. Letting all her tears out. "Mom..why did you leave me?"

She coughed and suddenly felt dizzy from all the pills she took. "It hurts" then she out.

Mingyu felt bad for leaving her just like that so he texted her.

Mingyu

Hey I'm sorry

-

He waited for her reply but nothing came. He frowned and started calling her but she didn't answer. "Hyung.. Did you called Jeongmin?" he nudged Jeonghan who sat next to him. Wonwoo who heard her name quickly turns his attention to them. "Why?" Jeonghan raised his eyebrows. "She's not answering her calls"

"Maybe she's busy" he simply answered. "No hyung.. I have a bad feeling about this"

"Let's check her out then?" Wonwoo butted in their conversation. Jeonghan suddenly remembered her scary night incidents where she always have anxiety attacks, "oh . lets go"

The three of them rushed to The Yoon's home. "Minnie!" Jeonghan called out for her but no answer and he got more scared. They went to her room and saw her laying on the ground with pills all around her. "We need to bring her to the hospitals" he quickly said. "Let me handle her" Mingyu offered. He scooped her into his arms and brought her to Jeonghan's car. Wonwoo just stood there, not having a chance to help anything and just staring blankly at Mingyu who was carrying her and sighed.

They rushed her to the hospital and she was immediately taken care of.

"I hope she's fine" Mingyu whispered. "She has never gotten this serious.." Jeonghan stated. Wonwoo stayed quiet and just hoping she will be concious soon. This incident make him want to protect her more..but he's not sure. He then glanced at Mingyu and it is his first time seeing him so worried over a girl.

Author's Note

Hey there!! It's been a while and I miss writing for yall <3 How was your day?

I'm having my mid-term break right now so I have time to write once in a while plus I still need to study (pshhh) because my finals is around the corner.

I wanna thank everyone that has been here with me supporting my story! Love you to bits <3 and I wanna apologize for the slow updates T,T

I don't know about you guys but I cried writing this especially the flashback part. It pains me. Having anxiety attacks and depression is no joke guys. The happiest person is always said to be the saddest person inside. So appreciate your friends or anyone around you and care foir them okay~