005

Only Faults
Please log in to read the full chapter

Timing is everything in life. Sometimes some things happens too fast or too early. Other times, it’s just too slow and missed its calling time. If you’re lucky, it’ll occur right at the perfect time. But it rarely ever is like that.

 

‘I’ve got one of every brand there at the pharmacy,’ Mina said as she walked through the front door with a black plastic bag.

 

‘It’s growing to be okay, everything will be okay in the end,’ Se Jeong said as she began reading the instructions with Mina.

 

Pregnancy. With child. Baby. Potentially a life could be growing inside of me. Potentially there is someone depending on me. But how can someone depend on me? It feels like my life has just been too full of failures for someone to be able to depend on me.

 

‘Okay, well let’s do this. Here, pee in this cup,’ Mina said handing me a plastic cup signalling that all instructions were read. The next step was for me to head into the bathroom.

 

My heart was beating fast. This one test could completely change my life. This one test is more than just a normal test. But here we go…

 

————————————————

 

A plastic cup of urine with multiple tests sticking out of it now sits on the bathroom bench. A plastic cup with the power to change many things. Three young women sit on the edge of the bathtub, each staring down on their phone with multiple alarms set.

 

What’s a child even like? Children need nutrients to help their growth. Children need a balanced diet full of fruits, vegetables as well as diary and protein products. I can tell you about meals that children of all ages should be eating. I can tell you which vitamins that are essential to them. That’s my job to know all about that, but raising a child is a completely different thing. I’ve never even changed a diaper before.

 

My phone buzzed in my hands; the first test is ready.

One line means everything stays exactly as it is, and I just need to stop stressing. Two lines means that the stress has only just begun.

 

‘I can’t look at it,’

Please log in to read the full chapter