001

Only Faults
Please log in to read the full chapter

If a random stranger were to look inside our apartment, they would never have guessed that a once loving couple lived here. There are no photos hanging on the wall, no messages left on the fridge, no personal touch. It was like a display house – one that was made to look perfect to the outside eye. But looking perfect on the outside did not mean that perfect was what was found on the inside. 

 

Throughout the years, it became cold. It was once a place filled with joy and love, but as the years dragged on, it became a lifeless place. The happy memories that were created here have been replaced with unpleasant silences after arguments and sounds of doors slamming shut. It all changed – married life changed. 

 

‘You didn’t change the code,’ 

I said, as I walked into the apartment. It’s been 2 weeks since I last step foot in it, but not a thing has changed. I’m almost certain that the fruit bowl on the kitchen bench hasn’t even been touched.

 

‘I told you that I wasn’t going to change it. This is still your home until the end’ 

He responded. His handsome face appeared pale as ever, clouded by dark circles underneath his eyes.  The T.V was on, but the volume was too low to even make out what the news reporter was even saying. 

 

‘Minhyun-ah, do you really think this can work out anymore? I didn’t just go on holiday, I didn’t take a work trip.’

That two-week break I took from this apartment, this relationship, wasn’t the first. Sometimes it was me, other times it was him. In the past year, I’m not even sure how long we both were actually in the apartment for. 

 

‘We can still work this out. I believe that we can. Can we just try again,’ he p

Please log in to read the full chapter