Ken 01

VIXX x OC Oneshots!

You groaned when you woke up to your head throbbing and throat burning, immediately regretting it as you instantly felt even worse. 

You couldn’t remember when was the last time you fell sick, but you certainly knew that you did not miss it for the slightest bit. 

Part of you was screaming at yourself to quickly get some medicine, however, the other part of you, which was unfortunately more convincing, rooted yourself firmly in bed as you burrowed under your sheets. 

Whilst your internal battle continued, you heard your phone ring and reluctantly crawled across your bed to your night-table, safely answering it before the line died. 

And not sparing a glance at the Caller ID. Which you deeply regretted. 

‘Jagi! Are you free for lunch today? I don’t have many appointments-’ 

Despite the state of your body and mind, your fingers moved swiftly across the screen and hung up on the call. 

He’s gonna find out. He’s gonna find out. He’s gonna find out. 

But he can’t!!


'Ah ah.’ You cleared your throat and tried your best to not sound nasal, hoping that you could smoke through this one call. 'Hello hello. Ah ah. Okay.’ Sounds good to me. 

Taking a deep breathe, you quickly redialed his number, praying that he would be too busy to notice anything wrong. 

'Hwanie oppa?’

'What was that?’

Your grip on your phone instantly tightened. 'What?’

'Do you not want to have lunch with me that much that you hung up straight away?’ 

Right. Nearly forgot about that. 'My hand slipped!’ You froze when your voice cracked. No no no. You’re not even halfway through. Come on voice, you can do it. 'Why would I not want to have lunch with you?’

You heard a chuckle from the other end and took it as you got through this obstacle safely, heaving a sigh of relief. 'I’ll fetch you at 12.30 then? That’s your lunch break right?’

Wait. No. I didn’t mean that- Oh gosh I’m going to be the death of myself. 'Uh- Oppa, I don’t think I can make it for lunch today…’ 

'But didn’t you-’

'I mean it’s not that I hung up because of not wanting to eat with you- It’s just- UGHH-’ You grumbled in frustration at how much your sick self was not making sense and ended in a coughing fit. 

'Jagi? Are you okay? Are you sick? Do you need me to-’

'NO! I’m alright! I just choked on water, that’s it. It’s nothing to worry about.’ 

'Are you sure?’

'Of course!’ You could hear how skeptical he sounded, and was still holding onto the slight tinge of hope that you wouldn’t be revealed. 

'But you still can’t have lunch with me? It’s rare that I’m free for lunch though… Usually my schedules are packed with appointments…’ You could already imagine Ken pouting as you heard his aegyo starting to come out, and instantly felt ten times more guilty. 

'I just have a lot of work today…’

'And you’re not even going to have lunch?’ Before you could reply, Ken added, 'Okay fine fine. You don’t want to see me right? Okay. Noted.’

'Hwanie oppa… You know it’s not that…’

A chuckle was heard again. 'Okie, don’t work too much okay? Remember to take a break. We can postpone our lunch date to another day anyways.’

'I’m sorry…’

'No worries, I got to hear your voice at least.’ And there it was, another stab to your already guilt-stricken heart. 'Love you! Muacks!’

Once the call ended, you immediately reached for your box of tissues, and quickly let out the all the sneezes and coughs that you were holding back. And you were pretty sure you felt a hundred times worse than before. 


 

 



Before you knew it, you found yourself dozing off again, not having left your bed even once that morning. And the next time you woke up, you were regretting your life decisions for the umpteenth time that day. 

'Finally awake?’

Unghh… I must miss him so much that I’m actually dreaming about him right now… 

'You really, what am I supposed to do with you?’ Ken shook his head as he watched your hands fumbling for him with your eyes half-lidded while he helped you up to lean on him. 

But it feels too real for it to be a dream… 

'Jagi, Y/N, can you even hear me?’ You felt Ken placing his hand on your forehead before he sighed once again. 

If he’s real, I’m screwed.

'Ah.’ You opened your mouth at Ken’s prompt, gulping down the warm water that he held to your lips. 

At the slight relief you got, you closed your eyes unconsciously as you leaned into the newly found warmth, deciding to worry about getting into trouble later, and ignoring the sighs and grumbles from your boyfriend, that you have concluded wasn’t a figment of your dream. 

'Ah.’ You felt something tapping lightly on your lips and opened your mouth, cringing at the mild wood taste from the stick he placed in it. 

Before you could bother thinking about the taste, it was gone as fast as it came. 

'Fever. Sore throat. Dry cough. What else? Any aches anywhere?’ Ken saw you shaking your head slightly, and frowned as he dabbed your sweat dry with the towel in his hands. 

'You’re this sick and you didn’t tell me a single thing. How smart is that?’ 

His brows furrowed together as he got an incoherent response from you, your head burrowing into his chest. 

'Don’t you need a medical certificate for skipping work today?’ 

There was silence as you geared yourself up for the long reply you were going to give. 'How can I go to another clinic when my boyfriend is a doctor?’ 

'And then why did you not come to see me?’ 

'I didn’t want to worry you…’

'Ironic. As usual.’ You pouted as you finally mustered all your energy to open your eyes to glare at him. 

'You look like a ghost.' 

'That’s not how you speak to a patient.’ You smacked his chest lightly as you watched him reaching for the medicines with his free arm, all the while making sure that you were in a comfortable position. 

'That’s what you get for lying to your boyfriend and making him worried sick. Ah again.' 

Ken gave your head a light pat, and finally a soft smile when you swallowed down all the pills without much resistance. 

'Rest for a while, I’ll wake you up when food is ready.' 

The moment your head landed on your soft pillows, you immediately drifted off to dreamland. 

 

 

 

You sighed blissfully as the warm, smooth porridge went down your throat, blessing your starving stomach. What did I do to deserve such a caring, loving, cute, and handsome boyfriend? 

'See you’re spoiling me now.’ You mumbled as he blew on the spoon of porridge lightly, allowing it to cool to room temperature before feeding it to you. 

'It’s called taking care of a sick patient. You didn’t even get out of bed to take your meds did you?' 

You kept quiet as you savoured the substance in your mouth, your eyes darting away from the male before you.   

'Really, did you run out of ways to see your boyfriend that you have to get yourself this sick?’

You frowned again, this time pursing your lips as you refused to open your mouth for the next spoonful of porridge. 

'You make me wonder some times if I accidentally got a kid as my girlfriend.’

What? And with that, you reluctantly opened your mouth again. 

'Like really, who gets so sick that they didn’t bother calling in sick, and have their co-worker calling her boyfriend to ask where she is? AFTER going through that much trouble faking that she was up and healthy.’

Right. So that’s how he found out…

His voice immediately softened as he saw you pouting while you retreated back within his embrace once you were done. 'Are you feeling better now though?’

'I felt better after the meds and food. Until you started dissing me. That’s not how you take care of a sick patient.’ 

'Okay, my bad.’ You eyed him weirdly as he shifted your sitting position, before Ken tugged the sheets over the both of you as as he pulled you in close to his chest again while the both of you laid in bed. 'Now, does this feel better my little princess?’