N 02

VIXX x OC Oneshots!

‘Wake up, the teacher’s here.’

You felt a soft nudge on your elbow before you lifted your head up from your arm, cringing at how sore it felt when the weight was finally removed.

‘Did you have a good sleep?’

'I wasn’t sleeping.’

'Then you must be reflecting very hard on how to do better for the next test.’ N smiled when he saw your lower lip jutting out slightly as you made your desk more presentable for having lessons.

'Yeah, I was. Of course.’ You grinned, but it was immediately replaced with a frown when he handed you a piece of tissue and gestured to the side of your lips.

Great. You fell asleep like a pig again for the past 20 minutes next to him. And you didn’t even notice that you drooled. How is he suppose to like someone like you?

'Thanks.’

'You slept late last night?’

'The previous lecture was too boring.’

'But you already slept during that lec-’

'Shh.’

He noticed how your cheeks have turned slightly red as you occupied yourself with staring at the teacher at the front of the room, dismissing him immediately.

'Class, there’s a new student who just transferred here today.’ And on cue, a female student came into the classroom, gaining whispers from all about the class, especially where the boys were seated.

Even your eyes widened when you saw her, S-She’s pretty and tall… And pretty.

'Please treat her nicely and help her along if she needs help. Okay?’

'Okay!’ The class answered in sync.

'It’s nice to meet you. I hope that we’ll get along well.’ She smiled and bowed slightly, before making her way to a vacant seat diagonally in front of where the both of you were sitting at.

You slowly turned to look at the person next to you, to find him smiling to himself as he took out his notes for the lesson, and you immediately felt deflated.

I knew it. She’s exactly the type that he’ll like. Well-mannered and pretty, and tall.

If I already feel this way. He’ll definitely like her even more.

Well, I’ll like her too if I was a guy. No person in the right mind will like me, dozing off during lectures, and drooling at times… But I don’t even drool that much! And it’s not even all the time!

But I’m short. Nobody would date a such a tiny person like me. Especially not Hakyeon. 

‘What are you doing?’ N asked as he spotted you packing your things back into your bag, when you merely took it out seconds ago. And lessons have yet to officially start. 

‘I’ll change seats with her. I’ll just say that my eyesight hasn’t been too good recently.’

‘Why would you do that?’

‘Don’t think I didn’t notice, I saw you smiling like a creep when she came in.’ 

But she wasn’t the one that I was smiling at. ‘And then?’

‘So I’m going to change seats, for your sake.’

‘No.’

‘What do you mean, no?’

'I’m too used to you sitting here. I can’t pay attention during class if you sit elsewhere.’

And he saw how your face immediately darkened slightly. Must he really say that.

Just then, you suddenly remembered the task that the teacher announced yesterday. A project that was supposed to be done in pairs. 

'Hakyeon, why not ask her to pair with you then? For the task?’

'Why?’

'Stop hiding it, I know you like her.’

What is she saying? 

'You don’t have to worry about me, I’ll find someone else to pair with.’

'Y/N, just what are you trying to do?’ N was getting frustrated at how you were acting, and how hard you were trying to push him away to this new girl that just appeared, but couldn’t figure out why you were behaving that way either. 

'Giving you a chance to get closer to your crush?’

Right. She’s doing exactly the opposite thing.

'Hakyeon-ah, you need a girlfriend. I’ve seen how some of the girls looked at you. They probably aren’t approaching you because I’m always around. So me being a really observant and helpful friend, I’m going to give you some space to go ask her out!’ You clapped as you finished your last statement, sounding overly enthusiastic in the process, and hoping that he wouldn’t catch on. 'What happens if someone asks her out while you waste your time sitting here and watching?’

'Okay.’

'What do you mean by 'Okay.’?’

'Okay. I’ll ask her out.’

'Great!’

You smiled as you turned back to the teacher who was starting to look over at the both of you. Stop it. You’re the one who told him to go for it. Don’t regret it, hmm? It’ll  be easier to get over him anyways, if he had someone else. 

 

 

 

 

 

'So how was it?' 

I really don’t like how excited she sounds, trying to sell me away. ‘Are you still in school?’

'Yeah? I’m near the gates.’

'Okay. I see you.’

You turned back as you stuffed your phone into your pocket, only to find N running over to you, before skidding to halt before you.

‘So, what happened?’

'Will you go out with me?’

With his poker face, other than the fact that he was breathing heavily, you nearly thought that his question was truly directed at you for a brief moment.

‘Yeah, you can just ask her that way, being direct helps.’

But all you got was a sigh from him. ‘As in, I really like you.’

‘Well, you can add that line too if you want.’

‘Y/N, can you-’

‘Hakyeon, did you really have to practice asking some-’ 

You froze when you were cut off by his lips on yours for that mere few seconds, before he pulled away. 

And as he expected, it managed to silence you. 

'I was planning to do this step by step but you weren’t listening.' 

What does he-

‘What do I mean by that? It means. Y/N, I like you, and I’ve liked you for a very long time. Will you go out with me?’

But I thought he was going to- 

'Observant and helpful? More like dumb and naive.’ He chuckled, before placing his arm around your shoulder and leading you out of the school compounds. ‘Now you can redeem yourself by actually being helpful and agreeing to be my girlfriend.’