Hongbin 01

VIXX x OC Oneshots!

You’ve made a few rounds around the shelves, but you couldn’t find the past year papers that you were looking for. Until you realized that it might be on the shelves that you couldn’t reach.

You could barely see what was on the second top-most shelf, much less the top-most shelf, and you sighed again.

This isn’t going to work out. You couldn’t see if there were any booklets left, and the label wasn’t visible until you took a few steps back.

Geography Past Year Papers - Not for loan.

Great. So it was here all the while. Just high up there.

You pouted as you tried reaching up, hoping that your fingers might be able to reach it if you were lucky enough.

But unfortunately not.

So what if I don’t take any mainstream subjects? Did they really have to do this to me? Is it not enough that our lessons are pushed all the way back because not the entire cohort takes it?

You tried again, standing on your tiptoes. 

What if, there’s nothing there to begin with? I couldn’t actually see if there were any booklets left… I might be reaching for something that isn’t even there in the first place.

‘Freak this.’

 

 

 

 

He smiled slightly when he heard a few curse words coming out of a petite girl like you. He was about to let you know that it was at the shelf that you started off with, until he saw you standing back to finally check out what was on the higher shelves, and found out for yourself. 

Taking a deep breathe and calming himself down, he placed his hand lightly on your shoulder, before reaching out to take the booklet of papers down, and handing it over to you.

'Here.’ He saw your eyes widened as you looked up at him, the height difference even more obvious now that he was right before you, and he could not help but to grin at your reaction.

'O-Oh, thank you.’ Hongbin watched as you bowed slightly, seeing that you were about to turn away, and contemplated. You don’t know when’s the next time you’ll be able to talk to her. Just do it.

You felt yourself flinching slightly again when you were pulled back, his hand still on your shoulder, and you tilted your head slightly at the person before you.

'Can you let me know when you’re done with it? I need it too. And this is the last one.’ She can’t see it right? If there’s anymore up there?

'Okay.’ He could barely hear you, unsure if you were being soft inside the library, or that was how you normally spoke. And with another slight nod of your head, he saw you escaping again.

He knows me? It can’t be. He probably just needs this for revision too.

You figured that it was often easy to take note of the minorities, and that when you were among the majority, you had nothing it takes to stand out. And people often do not even remember that you were in the same class, much less your name.

Plus, such a good looking person like him probably wouldn’t even know that I exist. You probably can’t even see me among the crowd. 

'Y/N?’

It was the third time within minutes that you were getting startled by him, and you had no idea why he followed you back to your table.

'I need to give you my number, so you can contact me when you’re done.’

 

 

 

'Yah, you’re supposed to be revising, why do you keep checking your phone?’

'Hyung, she says that she’ll text me when she’s done.’ And with the word 'she’, N’s interest immediately turned away from the math notes before him.

'She? The tiny girl from your physics lecture?’

'Geog. Geography lecture.’

'That’s the same thing. I thought you didn’t talk to her? How did she get your number?’

'I helped her to get the papers down. And said that I needed it so she has to text me when she’s done.’

'Wasn’t there still one more left-’ A smirk appeared on N’s face. 'You, Lee Hongbin, since when are you so cheeky eh?’

'I had to, or else I’ll miss my chance again.’

‘At least you’re finally doing something other than simply talking about how great she is- Isn’t that-’ 

'U-Uh, Hongbin?’

'Oh! Y/N! You’re done with it already?’ Hongbin looked at you in surprise, before glancing at his phone, but there wasn’t any new messages.

You nodded slightly, trying to ignore how his friend was smiling widely as he looked at you.

Hongbin stared at the booklet you held out to him, and then at N, who raised his eyebrow at him. Since I’ve already started, might as well. 'Wait a minute, follow me.’

And you found yourself getting pulled out of the library, as you hugged onto the booklet for even the slightest sense of security as you stared at the batchmate of yours. You’ve often seen girls flocking around him, and heard your friends fangirling over him. And yes, he is indeed good looking, and smart, and talented, and you might have noticed him a few times. Though it always ended with you waving off any thoughts, persuading yourself that you were worlds apart from someone like him.  

Was I supposed to photocopy a set for him since I was already photocopying mine? Well, I thought of that but he did say that-

'You didn’t text me?’

'If you’re around here I could just gave it to you.’ Her voice is just soft all the time huh. ‘And then I saw you with your friend in the library…’ 

'But if you don’t text me, how do I get your number?’

'Why do you need my number?’

'To ask you out?’

'Why would you ask me-’

'Because I like you.’ You blinked as you looked back at him. 

‘You know me?’ Why is it that she’s so doubtful of herself? He thought as he saw you pointing at yourself. 

‘Of course I do. We’re in the same class aren’t we? Don’t you know me?’

‘I-I do. I just didn’t- I didn’t think that people will remember me since I don’t really stand out. I just camouflage myself amongst the crowd-’

‘But then why is it that you’re the only one that I notice? Among the crowd?’

Hongbin saw you hugging tighter onto the binded stack of paper, and could not help but to chuckle slightly. 

‘You’re really cute, do you know that?’

‘It’s just that nobody ever noticed me-’

‘So I’ll be your first then?’

‘My first-?’

‘Your first boyfriend.’