Ravi 02

VIXX x OC Oneshots!

‘Sunbae, I’m so sorry that I’m late! Practice dragged longer than I thought it would…’ You quickly bowed as soon as the door to his workroom opened, but ended up knocking into someone instead. 

‘Are you okay?’ Hongbin asked as he grabbed onto your elbow to stop you from falling, which got a frown from Ravi. ‘Oh! It’s you again.’

‘Y-Yeah.’ You mumbled as you looked up, apologizing. 'I’m really really really sorry, sunbae.’ You caught a glimpse of Ravi’s expression and was panicking again. He’s not angry is he? But I really didn’t know that we would end this late- And I just knocked into Hongb-

Amidst of you battling out your thoughts, you did not catch Hongbin smirking at Ravi, while the latter nudged him out of the room. 


 


 


A month ago, you were called in to the CEO’s office all of a sudden, and as you were urgently rummaging through what mistakes you might have caused unknowingly through your head, everything simply vanished when you saw Ravi entering soon after you. 

It wasn’t the first time you met him, as you’ve seen him quite a few times in the corridor since you were accepted into Jellyfish not too long ago. But all the interactions made were just you bowing and greeting them when they walked past, and you could not even remember how many times the encounter lasted more than five seconds. 

The introductions were made, with you having your head bowed down as usual, especially when there were two males, which you perceived as extremely intimidating, before you. 

'Yeah, I’ve seen her around before.’ He did? He actually noticed me? Nah, maybe he just assumed that I was always there. How can one miss a whole group of girls anyways? We must have looked all the same to anyone.

'Well, that’s great. So, the thing is, Haeun-ie here, I’ve been listening to a few of her works-’ He looked at Ravi who seemed to be zoning out, and spoke louder, emphasizing on the point which he knew would gain his attention back. 'Which she COMPOSED AND WROTE herself.' 

Your head jerked up slightly when the CEO rose his voice, but you could not decipher their expressions at all. Was it bad? But if it’s that bad, he could have just told me himself right? Why would he get- 

'And, I have to say, it’s quite well done. Though all she does are ballads, and since you’ve been contributing the raps to your songs, I thought maybe the both of you would be able to come up with something.' 

Your eyes immediately widened as you stared at the CEO. What? Me? And him? I’m pretty sure I’m not THAT good either… 'Wonshik, you’re more experienced, which would be helpful to Haeun, and I’m pretty sure you would be able to learn something from each other, even the slightest bit.' 

And just like that, you were stuck with him whenever the both of you were free, though you had to accommodate to his schedules most of the time. 

You could still remember the first day you followed him to his workroom, and when he introduced you to the other members. You had your mouth sealed shut, other than the times when you greeted them. 


 



Ravi wasn’t sure to be annoyed or to be amused by your reactions, or lack thereof. And he finally spoke to you after finding you standing extremely still by the door. 'Relax. I’m not going to eat you up or anything. I’m supposed to help you, we’re supposed to help each other here.' 

'O-Okay, sunbae.’ Do I really look that scary to her? 

Stranded in a room with someone levels above you was putting immense pressure on you. And especially when he has yet to listen to your works yet. What if he doesn’t like it? What if he finds it weird? Not that I’m questioning the CEO’s choices but what if my works are actually horrible? What if- 

It was a bad habit of yours to panic at every single moment, though you made it possible, with much practice, that it wasn’t shown through your expressions. 

You did not remove your eyes from the thumbdrive as he plugged it into the computer, and with a few clicks here and there, you could hear the intro playing. 

Let it be good. Please let it be good. Or I’ll get chased out of here before I even learn anything that I’m supposed to learn. 

Fortunately for you, your doubts were proven wrong. He was pleasantly surprised at how well you did, as a newbie. Is the guide by her or is it another trainee- 'The instrumental and lyrics are, good. It sinks into you in the first play.’ You eyed him weirdly, shocked by the compliment, you supposed, which he caught on. 'I’m actually quite amazed. And can you please, calm down a little. Are there rumours about me going around, that’s why you’re behaving as though I’m a serial killer?' 

'N-No, sunbae.’ But I haven’t actually met a serial killer to know how one sounds like… 

He sighed, as he turned back to the monitor, looking through the other songs. 'Whose voice did you record?' 

'Mine.’ Whoa. That, I wasn’t expecting too. He paused for a moment before continueing to play the other songs. Not before asking you once more, 'You sure there’s no rumours about me or anything?' 

△▽ △▽ △▽ △▽ △▽ 

'Don’t go panicky mode on me all over again young lady.’ Ravi quickly turned away from you to hide his grin.

And as usual, when you saw him not looking at you, your thoughts went ahead of you again. 'It wasn’t on purpose, I’m really-’ 

'Sorry. Yes, I know. I’ve heard it a million times already. Now if you would kindly sit down, and breathe.’ As best as he could, he wiped the smile off his face and settled you down in the chair, handing you a cup of water before going to grab something off his table again. 'Here.' 

You stared at the sandwich in his hands, Stomach, please don’t grumble right now or I’ll really be dead… ’T-Thank you but I can’t-' 

'Nobody would know. And you rushed over didn’t you.' 

'But we’re not supposed to eat anything other than-' You said as your eyes darted away from him, even though you have gotten used to his presence, you simply could not get yourself to calm down when all his attention was on you.

'What’s given to you? And now, I’m giving this to you.’ He said as he peeled the wrapper off and placed it before you. 

'B-' 

'No buts. Are you defying your sunbae right now?’ You immediately snapped your mouth shut, and this time, he did not bother to hide his grin. What’s so funny? I don’t see what’s funny about this.'Ahhh~’ You eyed him incredulously as he stuffed it right in front of your mouth, but willingly opened it in the end. 'Good girl.’ Why is he being so cheerful today? You could feel your heartbeat racing again when he grinned. He should stop doing that smiling thing too. 


Within a few sessions with him, you realized that he wasn’t as fierce as you imagined. Instead, he was quite a dork when you were not discussing about composing. Though he still came off as scary sometimes, he would also be really patient with explaining things to you, and you were really glad that you were given such an opportunity.

Meanwhile, for him, he wasn’t exactly glad to have someone to work with from the start, and your lack of response from the first encounter wasn’t exactly pleasing to him. Until he realized that you just worry excessively about possibly everything there is, and that you were not purposefully blanking out. Plus, it was a first for him to have to work with a girl, an inexperienced one, he thought, and was expecting the worst. Until he himself found himself perceiving you in a different light, and after a prep talk by Hongbin just a few minutes ago, he finally decided to do it. 


 

 

 


'Now let’s get to work.’ Being more rushed and late today, you did not notice that Ravi wasn’t being himself as he took forever to find the folder, and that his hand was even shaking slightly when clicking on the mouse. 

‘Yes sunbae.’ You quickly munched down the remains of the sandwich and moved closer to the monitor. 

'Speaker doesn’t work well since just now.’ That’s convincing, right? Ravi babbled, a little too fast, as he caught you staring at the headphones which he handed you.

‘Okay?’

‘Just click play and. Yeah.’ I certainly know where’s the play button, why is he being so, weird just because the speaker died? But you simply shrugged it off as Ravi retreated to the other end of the small work room. 

‘Uh, sunbae, there’s nothin-’ You thought that he played the wrong file when nothing came out, but stopped talking as soon as you heard something else. 

‘You probably figured that this isn’t the song that we’ve been working on by now.’ Wait. What’s happening? ‘Yeah, of course. I wouldn’t be talking like this if it IS the song that we’ve been working on.’ And there was silence, before a few seconds of his awkward laughter came on. 

On the other hand, he was freaking out as he stayed as closed to the door as possible, his heart speeding up like crazy as he could not see your expression or any form of reaction to what he did. 

‘So. Yeah. About this… KIM WONSHIK CAN YOU GET A GRIP ON YOURSELF. OKAY BREATHE.’ Now what was that? Was he talking to himself? ‘Why am I babbling nonsense right now. I’m usually not like this- Ughh. Blegh.’ Silence, again. But you chose to keep quiet as you continued listening on.

‘I don’t really have much experience in this, and Hongbin laughed so badly when I asked him what I should do. I think I’m probably least experienced among them. Even Taekwoon hyung does better than me.’ Does what? ‘This probably isn’t the most, proper way to do it, but. I guess I’m already doing it, aren’t I?’

‘To tell the truth, I wasn’t really pleased to have someone, a newbie, to work with. And I apologize for assuming things before anything even happened. The way you keep silent as you stared blankly back, you really worry about everything. I’m not saying that it’s bad, well, maybe I’m the only one who find it, cute, I guess.’ He did not just- Where is this- What on earth- You could feel your head racing again as his voice was played into your ears through the headphones. 

‘Unknowingly, I looked forward to meeting up with you, though all we do is get cooped up in my small workroom discussing about work. It was fun. And we communicate well, don’t we? Even the hyungs were saying that I’ve been acting different recently after I’ve met you.’ 

'I like you, Haeun-ah.’ And there was a pause. ‘Will you be my girlfriend?’ 

You stiffened. Trying to comprehend what you just heard. Was that- Is that- A confession? He- what? You could not even think clearly, especially when your heartbeat became louder than your thoughts. 

‘Sunbae, I think the middle part had a glitch.’ You tried to remain as composed as possible, as you turned around to see him standing at the far end of the room, next to the door. And you internally cheered when you saw the look on his face change from worry to confusion, at the same time making sure that you had your own expressions controlled.

‘H-Huh?’ His expression right now is blackmail material. Don’t laugh, you can do it.  

‘The transition in the instrumental sounds broken off. And the-’ Quick, come up with something convincing. ‘End of the second verse was cut off suddenly.’

Ravi was extremely confused as he edged closer to you and the monitor. Did I click the wrong folder again? Don’t tell me I played something else? Isn’t it supposed to be-

‘Or did whatever happened to your speaker, affect the entire thing too?’ You tensed up when you felt him leaning in right beside you to stare at the monitor, as he checked the file which he just played. Now he’s going to find out that I’m probably the one babbling nonsense-

‘But isn’t this-’ I’m certain I named it ‘This One Draft 3.555’, since we’re only done with the second-

And his mind blanked out when he felt a peck on his left cheek, turning to find your face turning pink. ‘The Haeun that sunbae is referring to, is me right?’ You asked as you pointed to yourself, willing your heart to not burst.

‘Y-Yeah?’ He choked, still not able to believe what just happened as he touched his cheek.

‘I just gave you my reply to your last question in the recording.’ Reply? Last question? What was it again? , Kim Wonshik. Now isn’t the time to-

‘H-Huh?’ You smiled as you looked at him, both of you equally taken aback by the situation.

‘I like you too.’ You said softly, feeling your face redden even more. ‘And you’re not taking back the question right?’

He finally calmed himself down and turned to you as he found your voice getting even softer. ‘No! Of course not! Who said that I’m taking back the question! No I didn’t.’ 

Ravi saw the sides of your mouth tilt up, and smiled too as he himself found his behavior extremely out of sorts. 

‘The kiss meant a ‘yes’ right?’ He asked, pulling your chair closer to him, still having the silly grin on his face. 

‘Y-Yes, sunbae.’ What. Did I say something wrong? Your eyes widened as he pouted. 

'You call all the other hyungs sunbae too. That’s unfair.' 

'Then. Erm. Ravi sunbae?’ You asked as you tilted your head slightly while you looked back at him. 

'Are you trying to be funny right now?’ You shook your head. 'Wonshik.' 

'Wonshik sunbae?’ He sighed. She just have to make me say out everything, doesn’t she?  

'Oppa. Call me Wonshik oppa.'