N 01

VIXX x OC Oneshots!

‘Hakyeon hyung what’s your order again?’ Ravi earned a smack from Hongbin as his hand hung in the air, with his pinky stuck out as he struggled to remember the last drink.

'Milk, just get me a cup of hot milk.’ He said, giving up after repeating himself for half a dozen times. 'You could have just wrote it on a napkin or something.’

'But-’ The rapper was cut off as Hongbin pulled him towards the counter, right before anything else could happen.

The café was spacious and quiet, the perfect place with great ambience be it to have a small chat over a cup of coffee, or for students to rush their mid year revisions. And being found in a secluded area, the place wasn’t booming with people, which gave the six males just the place they needed for a small break.

'They’re taking very long.’ Ken mumbled as he leaned back on the couch, which got a look from Hyuk, before the remaining three of them turned to the counter.

'Hyung, they just reached the counter.’

'Well then they took a long time to walk there.’

'Maybe they forgot about Hakyeon hyung’s order again- Wait, where did he go?’

'Counter.’ Leo shook his head as he eyed their leader, already expecting the things to come when he saw the glint in his eyes the moment the door to the café opened.

You didn’t really pay attention to who was there when you entered, simply heading straight for the counter to order your drink.

But the conversation between the two males before you who were roughly a head taller than you was enough to shift your attention away from the chalkboard menu. Though you couldn’t recognize them straight away by their voices, with them backfacing you.

'I think I forgot Hyukie’s order. What was it again?’

'You just had to remember Hyuk and Hakyeon hyung’s and yet you still forgot?’

'You didn’t remember either!’

'I was remembering Jaehwan and Taekwoon hyung’s!’

'Sanghyuk wanted the chocolate mint. Mine’s caramel macchiato.’ You turned to the person who just joined, and felt your heart skip a beat when you saw his face, but immediately kept yourself in control as you just looked at them blankly.

'Huh? I thought hyung wanted hot-’

'I’ve changed my mind.’ And when N looked in your direction and gave you a slight nod, for that brief moment you weren’t sure it was to you, but you returned him with a small smile when you realized that there was nobody behind you. 'Anyways, do you guys need help?’

When they saw his tiny gesture, and turned to see you there, they immediately caught on, grinning from ear to ear at their hyung.

'It’s okay hyung, we can manage here, you can go back and rest.’

'Yeah, there isn’t much anyways.’ And with that, he reluctantly headed back to their seats, with his shoulders slumped slightly. I hate them.

'Hyung, that’s Bin’s seat.’

'I don’t see his name on it.’ N mumbled as he plopped himself down, where he could now have a clear view of the rest of the café, though what he saw next made him slightly mad.

What are they even doing? The two of them seemed really excited as they talked to you. Heck, why are they even talking to her? While you replied now and then, keeping your slight smile throughout.

He immediately felt relieved when he saw you collecting your order before them, and with a slight bow headed to your seat in the corner.

And when the both of them returned, he wasn’t pleased to find them laughing slightly.

'Hyung, she’s single.’

'And she’s our age.’ The both of them grinned, proud of their findings, but did not get any form of response from him, until they decided to block his view of you by shifting their chairs out of the original position.

 

 

 

As soon as you started the first sentence, the things which just happened were tossed to the back of your mind, and you did not notice that someone was staring intensely at you.

You didn’t even realize that that particular someone has sat in the seat before you, or how long he has been sitting at your table watching you, as your eyes stuck tightly to the book on the table, with one of your hand fiddling mindlessly with the straw of your iced mocha.

When he wasn’t receiving any form of reaction when he said 'Excuse me’ thrice, he had silently invited himself to settle in the vacant seat before you, suprised that you still have yet to look up at him.

He watched silently in amazement, that your attention was actually fixed entirely on the pages of the book, noticing your slight change in expressions as you read through the lines, your eyes widening at times, while your mouth unconsciously hung slightly open the entire time.

And he could feel himself falling deeper as he stared. But time wasn’t on his side. It was already a miracle that they earned some break time, but they had to head back to the dorm soon, and he wasn’t going to just leave this place like that. You were right in front of him, and he couldn’t let the chance slip off.

You were startled when a napkin suddenly covered the page that you were reading, and that was all it took to bring you back into reality as you looked up from the little stick man drawn on it.

Gasping when you finally noticed the person before you.

H-How long has he been here?

'You finally looked up.’

'I-I’m sorry- I was too occupied with-…’ You wanted to mentally scream at yourself, you weren’t the type to stumble over your words, but the situation at hand simply took you aback. Not to mention, that an idol was merely inches away from you. And talking to you.

'The book?’ His chuckles brought a fluttery feeling to your stomach as he took the book from your hands gently, flipping it over to look at the cover. 'Doesn’t this come in a series?’

Oh? He knows? 'Yeap, it’s the second book.’

'You’re into crime fiction?’

'Mhmm.’ You nodded, as he handed it back to you, while your eyes darted to and fro his face and your book. 'Do you like them too?’

'They’re interesting, but unfortunately, I’ll get nightmares.’

And the moment you laughed, he knew there was no turning back. 'It’s not that bad.’

'Trust me, I do get them at times.’

You never expected that the both of you could talk in such a carefree manner, simply keeping the conversation going without much effort. And you couldn’t help but to feel close to him within those few minutes, well, he did choose the best thing to start the conversation with - books.

He was starting to lose track of time as he kept his eyes on you as you continued talking, your excitement clearly shown through how your voice would increase slightly at times. But he immediately noticed when your expression changed to a confused one when your eyes looked away from him.

'Uhm, I think you have to go soon?’ You couldn’t hide the slight tinge of disappointment when you saw s getting up from their seats, as they tried to get the attention of their leader, and N noticed.

Turning behind, he quickly gave a Leo a glance, who soon started ushering the boys out of the café, before turning back to you.

'I still haven’t gotten your name yet.’ You watched as he took out his phone, before it was placed in your hands, while he simply smiled at you. 'You’re supposed to add your number below that.’ He urged, when he saw your fingers lingering above the keypad. 'Y/N.’

And you found yourself at a lost for words again when he took his phone back, his fingers brushing against yours slightly.

'Don’t forget our promise.’

'Promise?’

'You promised to tell me more about the books the next time we met.’

'I did?’ You blinked as you stared at him, standing up as he gathered his things, while you rummaged through your head, trying to recall how you could have accidentally said such a thing to him, and yet not remember at all.

'I heard you saying it in your mind.’

'H-Huh?’

'I’ll see you soon then, Y/N.’

With one last wave through the glass door, you saw him disappearing slowly, still unsure of what just happened.

But at the same time already silently looking forward to the next time you’ll meet.