Ravi 03

VIXX x OC Oneshots!

His voice could be heard even before his appearance was made, and you could recognize it anywhere, even amidst the mayhem going on in the emergency room outside the small space you were in, confined by the blue curtains.

‘Y/N? Where are you?’ You lifted your head from your hands as his voice got louder, ignoring the few hushes he got from the nurses, you assumed.  

And finally, he made it to the correct bed as he pulled open the curtains, to find you curled up and hugging tightly onto your knees.

‘Y/N.’ Ravi heaved a sigh of relief the moment he saw you before him, safe and sound. But the look of fear in your eyes told him that you were far from being fine.

'I’m here, don’t worry anymore…’ Settling down on the bed beside you, he whispered as he gently pulled you into an embrace, his hand patting your head lightly as he held you close to him.

'Oppa…’

'I’m sorry I kept you waiting, you must have been so scared alone. It’s okay now, shh…’

You gripped tightly onto his shirt, your tears slowly flowing out as he continued patting, repeatedly saying that everything’s going to be fine.

‘Breathe in, breathe out.’ His stable heartbeat next to your ear, and his deep, low voice gradually managed to calm you down, and he could feel that you were no longer shaking as much as before as your breathing went back to normal. 

Only when you decided to lift your head off his chest, did he finally have a good look at you, his hand running through your hair gently.

'Feeling better?’

'Slightly.’

'Did you get injured anywhere?’  You shook your head and when you saw his sad eyes, you felt a sense of guilt surge up your chest.

And he could immediately tell what was the reason behind the look you gave him again. 'It’s not your fault, don’t think too much about it hmm?’

'W-What if I actually injured someone?’

'You didn’t, and that’s what matters. I know you wouldn’t hurt anyone.’

'B-But I nearly did- He ran out all of a sudden, and I braked in time, but someone else could have been injured when the car hit the curb. What if there was a car behind me? They wouldn’t have known that I would stop abruptly and they would have gotten injured too…’

Ravi’s hand caressed your cheek softly as he made you look back at him once he sensed you shaking again. 'Sweetheart, look at me. Nothing happened in the end, right?’

'But-’

'Something could have happened, but it didn’t. Because you did the right thing. You reacted fast enough. And now everyone’s safe.’

'You must have been traumatized, weren’t you.’ His voice softened, and you nodded, feeling much better from having him around, him providing his warmth to you, saying the right words to calm you down. 

Your grip on him did not loosen, and he did not remove his arms from you, not even when he saw your eyes getting clearer.

'Did the doctor say that you’re safe to leave?’

'He said that I’ll be good to go once the drip finishes.’

‘Okay, that wouldn’t take too long then.’ He gave you a small smile as he leaned in to give you a kiss on your forehead. ‘And we’ll head home and I’ll prepare some nice hot steaming soup for my strong girl. And we’ll cuddle to bed. How does that sound to you?’

'But I busted one of the tires to your car…’

He chuckled lightly, heartened at the fact that you worry about everything there is to fret over. 'It’s okay, that can be settled really quickly.’

'Don’t you have anything on anymore later?’

'I’m not leaving you alone tonight. I’ll stay up to watch you sleep. And I’ll stay up throughout the entire night, scaring all your nightmares away.’

'How is that possible when you’ll most likely fall asleep bef-’

'Shh. Don’t doubt your boyfriend. I’m a man of my words.’